Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars, January 9th, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ballard gets worshiped for no reason  .    colts have zero pass rush bad corners   no wrs  and a horrible left tackle .   ballards wentz trade will go down as being worse than the richardson trade for grigson . 

Colts have had 3 studs at corner for the majority of the season

Moore, Ya-Sin, and Rodgers have been an absolute plus

Ballard has studs at 4 of the 5 offensive line positions

He has one of the best defensive playmaker in the league and the top RB in the game

Carson Wentz is the glaring disaster on this team

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Remember guys, at the end of the day this is all Ryan Grigson and Andrew Lucks fault.

Grigson certainly is to blame for us not having Luck, although that's really just crying over spilled milk at this point. This loss is on everyone associated with the Colts not named Jonathan Taylor.

Just now, SR711 said:

Are the other areas of this team in your opinion good enough to support Wentz as a complimentary QB?

Also, on an unrelated note, do you think the offense would have been better this year if Rivers returned?

My point. Rivers while lacking in aspects was the better option. We actually got more productivity with an aging Rivers than with Wentz. Rivers wasn't facing stacked lines for Taylor. Rivers was decisive. Carson isn't . Rivers  would have carved them. This should have easy for Wentz. But hey. Believe what you want. We could have been in the playoffs with Rivers easy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FuedinHatfield said:

Would Rivers have won this game?

With this O-line performance, it's doubtful  - at lest Wentz is mobile and has escapability, whereas Philip is a statue but he gets the ball out quick and usually makes good decisions. 

Also the fact that he had good receivers most of the time with the Chargers, and this team doesn't currently have anyone who can get separation.

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

Should Marcus Brady be elsewhere next season?

Maybe he can go and overachieve with a team like Sirianni has this season while Frank continues to underachieve with a talented roster?

Just now, JColts72 said:

Ty laughing on bench. Players don't care if blown out.

It's probably Hilton's last game as a Colt, maybe even in the NFL

Players laughing on the bench while losing football games is not the end of the world, don't act like it is

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Luck made plenty of bone headed plays. And our O was much much different for him. 

Of course . I agree that Luck made bone headed plays. Even Manning had a million INTs, but when it came down to it, there was no denying how good they were at QB.

It’s clearly not the same with Wentz, a relatively young QB who has been traded from the team that drafted him. 

Wentz is a serviceable to good QB, but certainly far below what Colts fans expect from their QBs.

• Like 1

Just now, tvturner said:

Colts have had 3 studs at corner for the majority of the season

Moore, Ya-Sin, and Rodgers have been an absolute plus

Ballard has studs at 4 of the 5 offensive line positions

He has one of the best defensive playmaker in the league and the top RB in the game

Carson Wentz is the glaring disaster on this team

the defense has been bad this season the offensive line is ranked close to 20th in pass protection .   kelly wasnt a ballard pick glow is overrated got beat all year that is why chris reed was splitting snaps with him .   two guys smith and nelson ballard brought in .   you cant win without a pass rush a wrs  .  plus wentz is horrible

3 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I’m from Philly… several of my family members have been hounding me like crazy today lol 

I'll bet! Both my parents grew up there, and I've got alot of family in that city.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Every sad sack on the colts sideline will still get paid.

Colts fans probably disappointed more than they are.  Lol.  Inexcusable end to this season.  Some heads need to roll for this. But won’t. At least nothing really significant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

It's probably Hilton's last game as a Colt, maybe even in the NFL

Players laughing on the bench while losing football games is not the end of the world, don't act like it is

Be better show some po look. Fans here have more desire.

7 minutes ago, FuedinHatfield said:

Would Rivers have won this game?

I'm not sure what the point of  a hypothetical like this is? Who could legitimately say? 

The reality is Wentz, along with the rest of the team to be fair, has been horrible. 

Rivers threw 2 INTs last year and lost to Jax, with a much better OL.

In Week 1 with no training camp to speak of - alot different than in Week 18 with our season on the line.

Rivers threw 2 INTs last year and lost to Jax, with a much better OL.

In his first game with only the second team he ever played for, and it was a season opener no less. No, Rivers would have won this game, or at least not lost it by 20+.

The experiment is over with Wentz and Reich owned this one.  Total failure on his(Reich)part to beg  Ballard to trade for him....

Wentz still has some value, trade him to a needy QB team like the Broncos, Panthers, etc....I believe we can roll with Ehlinger with a year under his belt.

• NFLfan locked this topic