Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars, January 9th, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I still think Wentz could be the guy, just get him some weapons and a full training camp, along with a more imaginative play caller.

Thinking like that will only lead you to disappointment. Ive been watching Wentz since he was in Philly; this is who he is. Trust me, next season if he plays this way, it will divide the locker room. Saw it in Philly. 

• Like 2

Wentz has been ok because Frank has spoon feed his "project" and protected him with the BASIC run game for most of the season but as the season wore on teams figured out that this offense is nothing special outside JT and decided to shutdown the run while forcing Wentz to beat them.

Of course he could not when the pavement hit the road. You can blame lack of receivers (which they don't have) but even if they did Carson will throw high, overthrow, underthrow or get picked. On top of ALL that he's a BAD decision maker!!! I've seen ENOUGH but the Colts are stuck with him. A 1st and 3rd for him to Philly who by the way made the playoffs with Jalen at qb. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

I still think Wentz could be the guy, just get him some weapons and a full training camp, along with a more imaginative play caller.

His inconsistent accuracy, holding on to the ball due to lack of diagnosing pre-snap are not simply going to go awaya

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Well I don't know about you all, but I'll be rooting for the Bills and Bengals in the playoffs. I hope those two get to achieve success, they deserve it after all the years of suffering they went through.

I’m rooting for the Bengals, I like the rhythm they got going with one another :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

wentz lost the game his pick cost the colts 7 points the game would be in play without his horrible pick . 

Has nothing to do with letting the worst O in the league (the absolute worst) throw for a 110+ passer rating lol... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wentz is simply not good when he doesn't have an OL.

Look at 2019. 23 TDs and 20 INTs when sacked 34 times.

He was one of the least sacked QBs in 2021.

I love Rivers, but we all know he goes better with good OL play. 

I wanted Rivers back for 1 more year and many laughed at me. Having said that, this is a stunning of a loss I have seen in my 37 years of being a Colts fan. The announcer was just joking (Archultta said this is a rigged game) haha 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ballard gets worshiped for no reason  .    colts have zero pass rush bad corners   no wrs  and a horrible left tackle .   ballards wentz trade will go down as being worse than the richardson trade for grigson . 

But he's so  transparent  lol

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wanted Rivers back for 1 more year and many laughed at me. Having said that, this is a stunning of a loss I have seen in my 37 years of being a Colts fan. The announcer was just joking (Archultta said this is a rigged game) haha 

Meant to say Rivers is not good with a bad OL... But same goes for Wentz. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Has nothing to do with letting the worst O in the league (the absolute worst) throw for a 110+ passer rating lol... 

its all of it combined but you cant win without a QB  .  without the pick the defense would of held them to under 20 points .  the offense failing on 4th down lead to points also .    you cant win without a franchise QB we are the broncos right now . 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Wentz- No good

TE- Non-exsistent

WR- bargain basement talent other than #11

OL- breaking down

Defense- Soft and no pass rush

All correct except the first.  Wentz is not elite, but he looks worse when his best colleague is a running back....of all positions to be good in LOL.