Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars, January 9th, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

I honestly think this is a team that has given up on their QB. Similar to cleveland with Baker. It's great that we have a bunch of nice guys in the locker room and it's a nice brotherhood but they aren't blind. Anybody can tell you Carson Wentz isn't a starter in this league.

And you could see it with the body language from TY

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Well that did it for me the game is off. Colts are cooked for this season. Worst part is that we probably will field pretty much the same team next year, what’s the excitement to look forward to in that ?

If our offense is the same and we haven't added even a single proven playmaker then unless we start 3-0 with Carson looking like 2017, I may put my colts fandom on temporary hold

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree Reich has stunk this game. 

Poor script to start. Horrible adjustments. Should have pulled Fisher much earlier. Should have went hurry up early. 

I've never said Wentz is elite. He's a complimentary QB that can be very good with a good OL and the right playcalling and support.

He has none of that.

Would Rivers have won this game?

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I agree Reich has stunk this game. 

Poor script to start. Horrible adjustments. Should have pulled Fisher much earlier. Should have went hurry up early. 

I've never said Wentz is elite. He's a complimentary QB that can be very good with a good OL and the right playcalling and support.

He has none of that.

Are the other areas of this team in your opinion good enough to support Wentz as a complimentary QB?

Also, on an unrelated note, do you think the offense would have been better this year if Rivers returned?

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Serious question.  If Irsay didn’t swoop in and hire Frank, would he be a Head Coach for another team in the NFL?  He was on no one’s short list.  I just think we’ve gotta change something up.  If we keep him, let someone else call plays.  Or get him a QB who can basically call his own plays (like Rodgers). 

No , he wouldn’t.

He was heavily criticised in San Diego. He is just not reliable.

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

We’ve seen Luck play behind a horrible O-line, no RB threat, and throwing to guys like Whalen, Rogers, Nicks, Avery, Brazil, Grant, etc. and he still was able to do what was necessary to win.

We’ve not seen anything from Wentz to indicate he is “the guy.”

Luck made plenty of bone headed plays. And our O was much much different for him. 

Just now, coming on strong said:

ballard gets worshiped for no reason  .    colts have zero pass rush bad corners   no wrs  and a horrible left tackle .   ballards wentz trade will go down as being worse than the richardson trade for grigson . 

Ballard is way over rated. Team has not accomplished anything noteworthy under his stewardship. We barely have a winning record under him.  1 playoff win and 0 division titles in five years.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ballard gets worshiped for no reason  .    colts have zero pass rush bad corners   no wrs  and a horrible left tackle .   ballards wentz trade will go down as being worse than the richardson trade for grigson . 

Agree - 100% overrated 

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

WENTZ DEFINITELY NOT THE ANSWER -RELEASE HIM

REICH IS NOT THE RIGHT HC FOR THIS TEAM - FIRE HIM

TOTAL EMBARASSING PERFORMANCE!!!!!!

Normally I find posts like this a bit hyperbolic, but I have to concede that you are right. Just four weeks ago I was walking out of LOS feeling on top of the world after beating the Pats, feeling like we could beat anyone. Now, I'm just miserable. What the hell do we do from here? I don't even know.

• Like 1

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard is way over rated. Team has not accomplished anything noteworthy under his stewardship. We barely have a winning record under him.  1 playoff win and 0 division titles in five years.  

U right. Never gets stud d rusher and not top receiver. 

• Like 1

Yeah, we’re not gonna make the playoffs, and blah blah blah “we don’t deserve to” but we all know that’s nonsense. We know this team had the talent and ability to hang with and beat anybody. A ridiculous end to this season. Shockingly ridiculous. Uncalled for, even.