Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars, January 9th, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

6 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Are the other areas of this team in your opinion good enough to support Wentz as a complimentary QB?

Also, on an unrelated note, do you think the offense would have been better this year if Rivers returned?

Rivers would have been awful this year with our OL. I love Rivers, but he's not good with a bad OL.

I think we actually have some talent that we simply don't use. Reich's play calling is vanilla, and makes it easy on Ds to compact the field. We over use Pascal for blocking purposes. Our early reads are too often rinse repeat possession routes. 

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

The experiment is over with Wentz and Reich owned this one.  Total failure on his(Reich)part to beg  Ballard to trade for him....

Wentz still has some value, trade him to a needy QB team like the Broncos, Panthers, etc....I believe we can roll with Ehlinger with a year under his belt.

i would tank get rid of all the veterans like ty doyle fisher rhodes .   play sam and try and get the a high draft pick

• Like 1

Just now, Numba1Colt said:

Steelers just scored a TD to go up 3 with 3 min left.... Big Ben gets one last playoff game for TV ratings. Colts laid down for em 

Even he played better than Wentz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numba1Colt said:

Steelers just scored a TD to go up 3 with 3 min left.... Big Ben gets one last playoff game for TV ratings. Colts laid down for em 

Lol Steelers will go to KC and get their **** shoved in just like 2 weeks ago. Congrats, guys.

1 minute ago, jeepnkal said:

My wife is from Philly and her family are season ticket holders. They warned me. 

I still think Wentz could be the guy, just get him some weapons and a full training camp, along with a more imaginative play caller.

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

In Week 1 with no training camp to speak of - alot different than in Week 18 with our season on the line.

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

In his first game with only the second team he ever played for, and it was a season opener no less. No, Rivers would have won this game, or at least not lost it by 20+.

Wentz is simply not good when he doesn't have an OL.

Look at 2019. 23 TDs and 20 INTs when sacked 34 times.

He was one of the least sacked QBs in 2021.

I love Rivers, but we all know he goes better with good OL play.