Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday is MUST win time

indyagent17

We simply cannot fall further behind and  lose the head to head. Should we win I see 6 more moderately winnable games.  I also see losses to Buffalo, Tampa Bay and Arizona. That would put us at 10-7 which is an outside shot at the wild card. Tennessee has the harder schedule so right now we need to get behind this team, sell the building out with crazy and load Colts fans. Let’s go Colts!! 

21 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

We simply cannot fall further behind and  lose the head to head. Should we win I see 6 more moderately winnable games.  I also see losses to Buffalo, Tampa Bay and Arizona. That would put us at 10-7 which is an outside shot at the wild card. Tennessee has the harder schedule so right now we need to get behind this team, sell the building out with crazy and load Colts fans. Let’s go Colts!! 

I'll be screaming my lungs out at the Bucs game.  Maybe we get an upset win.  Who knows?

Every.....game....is.....a......must.....win for the players.

They are all equally important. I would be seriously surprised if players "saved" some up for the important games. Giving all you have, is all you have to give. There is no 110%. They are also human, so in fact...100% is a fallacy. However, giving it "your all", is probably expected every game. 

I will concede that most fans tend to rate the importance of games. I hope we win, but if we don't...it will not change how I feel about a single player, coach, or executive in Indy. 

17 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Only if we want a shot at division is this a must win. Either way it's going to be a struggle to make playoffs

I disagree. We have 2 wild card tiebreakers with the Raiders and Patriots coming up as well in addition to the Bills, Bucs and Cardinals. The Titans game is a must win if we want to even make the playoffs since we have not left ourselves with much margin for error.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I disagree. We have 2 wild card tiebreakers with the Raiders and Patriots coming up as well in addition to the Bills, Bucs and Cardinals. The Titans game is a must win if we want to even make the playoffs since we have not left ourselves with much margin for error.

Cardinals are nfc team as are bucs. The teams we are battling against are the Steelers, raiders, Patriots Chiefs  for last wildcard spot

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Cardinals are nfc team as are bucs. The teams we are battling against are the Steelers, raiders, Patriots Chiefs  for last wildcard spot

We need as much margin of error if we lose one of the Raiders or Patriots games. The Titans game is an AFC game, that is why it is a must win too for reducing our margin of error. NFC game losses will matter only if we end up with a tie-breaker having given ourselves a margin of error, otherwise it is pointless, an L is an L.

21 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I sure do miss the days of not having a “must win game” every single week. 

I think next year will be far less stressful.    Wentz and the offense is starting to roll.    I think we have a much better start next year.    As far as this year goes,   they need to win at least 7 of the next 10 with one being the Titans this week

Win or lose Sunday, I think we’re still fighting for wildcard spot.  

Unless the Titans collapse all of a sudden, they are for real.   If we can ever get healthy we may be a true contender.   But we sure aren’t right now, especially on defense.  

This is more important than most games, its silly to think otherwise.  They would own the division tie breaker and have a huge lead if they win.

Whoever wins will make a big statement about the AFC south in the process, we badly need this.  i doubt we can recover from a loss

7 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

This is more important than most games, its silly to think otherwise.  They would own the division tie breaker and have a huge lead if they win.

Whoever wins will make a big statement about the AFC south in the process, we badly need this.  i doubt we can recover from a loss

We won't win division if we lose, but we could still make playoffs

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We won't win division if we lose, but we could still make playoffs

True but the 7th seed is a really tough road in this playoff format.  They face the 1 and 2 back to back on the road.  Its been ugly when we face great QBs on good teams the last few years.  

we need patmon and ty back next game .  wentz needs deep threats with cambell out only pittman is left .   patmon can play the big body jump ball game and ty is the speedy deep threat .   Dulin just isn't cutting it keke looked better last game .  i would love to see strachan come on the field at least a couple times a game to make deep jump ball plays .

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

we need patmon and ty back next game .  wentz needs deep threats with cambell out only pittman is left .   patmon can play the big body jump ball game and ty is the speedy deep threat .   Dulin just isn't cutting it keke looked better last game .  i would love to see strachan come on the field at least a couple times a game to make deep jump ball plays .

Definitely need someone better than dulin

Bob Lamey appeared tonight on "The Mike Vrabel Show" in Nashville being interviewed by his Titans counterpart Mike Keith. His feelings were exactly that of this thread, that this is a must-win game for the Colts given that a 3 game deficit upon a loss would be extremely hard to overcome and a wild card bid would be difficult too.

After the Colts and Rams, I can see the Titans run the table with the remaining 8 teams on their schedule.  Colts still have the Titans, Bills, Buccaneers, Patriots, Cardinals, and Raiders.  If we can make it as a wildcard team after going through that gauntlet, I think we will be the team no one wants to play.

15 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I agree this is a pivotal game

If we dont win THIS game, TENN has the division .... we are too far back

There are some good teams vying for the Wild Card.  

One week at a time

16 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Actually...according to DVOA, TEN has the easier future schedule. 

Simply put, the Colts cannot realistically win the division if they lose this next game vs the Titans.  Before the game vs SF, I said the Colts need to win 3 out of the next 4 games, with 1 of those wins having to be vs the Titans.  I am now looking for them to go 3 for 3 in the next 3 games, starting with victory over the Titans.

Lose and kiss the division championship goodbye.  Lose and a wildcard slot becomes even more formidable of a goal to accomplish. Losing is not an option. Colts need to step up.

Go Colts!

Im worried about this game, SF and Baltimore absolutely made our defense look like college with the PA bootlegs and rollouts. Ten wont just do it a couple times like SF they will keep doing over and over and over.

I dont think we have a chance at the division anyways and even a loss this weekend we will still be alive for a wildcard. AFC is considerably weaker looking then last year. NFC has the big guns

18 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Win or lose Sunday, I think we’re still fighting for wildcard spot.  

Unless the Titans collapse all of a sudden, they are for real.   If we can ever get healthy we may be a true contender.   But we sure aren’t right now, especially on defense.  

Agreed. There is zero chance IMO they lose more than 5 games based upon their schedule. It's possible they win out if they beat us on Sunday. We really needed Buffalo & KC to beat them. 

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree this is a pivotal game

If we dont win THIS game, TENN has the division .... we are too far back

There are some good teams vying for the Wild Card.  

One week at a time

I am thinking KC sitting at 3-4 will lose to DAL and GB at least plus possibly 1 game vs the Raiders at least, the way they are playing. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati won't be easy either for them. KC has a good chance of being 10-7 at best and possibly 9-8, IMO.

Our 4 common games - Ravens, Raiders, Bills, Titans - they have already lost 3 out of those, KC that is.

Need to beat Titans and Raiders to give us the edge over them should we end up in a tie-breaker. This Titans game is more than just a division winning possibility game, it could end up helping with tie-breakers in the AFC big time later should we not win the division.

Archived