Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor

krunk

His best game thus far without a doubt.  Seemed much better even in the 2nd half than in the first.  Don't know how much the Packers going 3-and-out on their first two possessions in the 2nd half made their defense tired or what, but he ran well and drug defenders with him.  Hope to see more of this.

17 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I saw some sparks today mixed in with the running into the line stuff. If this means he is learning and getting better than I'm very happy.

Also, JT seems to be very effective in the i formation runs and very ineffective on the shotgun zone runs.

That was one of the knocks when he was drafted. Wisconsin didn’t do a lot of zone blocking if any while he was there. 

2 hours ago, bestQBever said:

I saw some sparks today mixed in with the running into the line stuff. If this means he is learning and getting better than I'm very happy.

Also, JT seems to be very effective in the i formation runs and very ineffective on the shotgun zone runs.

To the bolded...it looked like he had a bit of a chip on his shoulder last game.  He was running over people a lot more last game.  It seemed to carry over to this game as well.  I also noticed he wasn't running as much with 2 hands.  He was running more naturally.  I think he is getting more confident as he gets more experience.  Good burst on a couple of runs tonight as well.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

22 carries for 90 Yards and ran hard, hit holes. He shut everyone up today lmao 

I believe I said last week Wilkins had the hot game a couple of weeks ago, Hines did vs the Titans and maybe Taylor would vs the Packers lol.  

in all seriousness this was really nice to see.  He showed some vision and power today as well.  It helped the line had their best run blocking day that they have has all year especially AC, Nelson, and Kelly.  The Colts were running off the left side at will.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He played a great second half. Will give Reich credit for sticking with the run game. I was actually surprised he did. Hines can be used out of the shotgun Taylor needs to be under center.

You don’t want an offense where it’s always Hines out of the shotgun and it’s always Taylor when we are under center.

Because then we will be predictable.   You need to be able to do a variety of things out of as many formations and personnel groups as possible.   Diversity can be your friend.   

But with practices being as limited as they are,  this year we’re trying to keep things simple.  Last week Frank talked about doing a few things really, really well, and not trying to do too much.  That appears to be the plan for 2020.

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You don’t want an offense where it’s always Hines out of the shotgun and it’s always Taylor when we are under center.

Because then we will be predictable.   You need to be able to do a variety of things out of as many formations and personnel groups as possible.   Diversity can be your friend.   

But with practices being as limited as they are,  this year we’re trying to keep things simple.  Last week Frank talked about doing a few things really, really well, and not trying to do too much.  That appears to be the plan for 2020.

Not to mention I HATE the run with Hines up the middle out of the gun play so much...

26 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not to mention I HATE the run with Hines up the middle out of the gun play so much...

It also feel like we always try to run between Castonzo and Nelson with Taylor out of the shotgun but it HARDLY EVER works. 

Reich talks about his stats guy that watches film all week to look for predictability. Maybe that dude needs fired haha 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

It also feel like we always try to run between Castonzo and Nelson with Taylor out of the shotgun but it HARDLY EVER works. 

Reich talks about his stats guy that watches film all week to look for predictability. Maybe that dude needs fired haha 

Rivers rarely if ever goes under center

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Do you know why this is??

Just not comfortable with it.  Someone in the Colts media group talked about that and why he doesn’t do more play action a few weeks ago and it basically came down to he’s not comfortable with it.  I wish I could remember who or I’d tell you.

I tried to tell y’all...  just wait till he start finding his niche!! It is gonna be very bad for them ... and really really good for us... like I said before they were ready to can Derrick in Tennessee, then boom he’s the most dominant back since Jim brown... once JT gears up he and Hines will be virtually unstoppable as a duo. You heard it here first 

Jonathan Taylor had an ankle injury a few weeks ago and I'm guessing that was a major component of why he was running so poorly. It looks like he is 100% again, and running like the first month of the year YPC-wise. I expect he'll do similar or better than this the rest of the year. It'll just depend on how much Reich feeds him the ball now.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Thought he had some strong and well timed runs today. Hopefully the light is coming on.

Been a big non believer.  He ran really well Especially in the 3rd.  It was mostly in the tackle box.  People here talking about him running wider to me just didn’t  make sense.  He was a nice 1 cut  back tonight.  Very encouraging.

The kid ran like he’s tired of sitting onthe bench.

Wilkens looked good too with only about 4 carries. And, once again, Hines being Hines and just making plays. All 3 have contributed well, imo.... and can get better.

Also Ty hada couple plays when we needed them.  Pittman improving by the week.

If we find a stronger pass rush, mainly onthe outside, and cleanup some areas,  we can compete with anyone.  We’re getting closer to that “perfectgame.”

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

The kid ran like he’s tired of sitting onthe bench.

Wilkens looked good too with only about 4 carries. And, once again, Hines being Hines and just making plays. All 3 have contributed well, imo.... and can get better.

Also Ty hada couple plays when we needed them.  Pittman improving by the week.

If we find a stronger pass rush, mainly onthe outside, and cleanup some areas,  we can compete with anyone.  We’re getting closer to that “perfectgame.”

Almost forgot Burton. He’s a good weapon for Rivers.

Gotta love the heart this team shows.

Archived