Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor

krunk

9 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Stop running him out of shotgun, it's completely not his game. Rivers was under center for most of the first drive (of 2nd half) and for most of JTs good runs. That's not a coincidence. 

That 2nd half is what we need consistently. Great job.

Good observation!!! He is that kind of downhill runner that has to gather momentum, probably a little easier for him to have a running start before the handoff. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

nice game by JT. 

would have been even bigger if we ran it up the gut the 1H. GB was in dime a bunch. 

i'm just happy Frank made the adjustment before it was too late.

I saw that too and the announcers even said GB was using six DBs a lot.  Not sure why it takes until halftime to make the adjustments. Once it gets colder you have to be able to see these things and adapt on the fly.   It will take 4 quarters to win in the playoffs.  

12 hours ago, ClaytonC said:

agreed, he looked like he was seeing the holes and hitting them with confidence

Not to mention the runs, including the long touchdown run that was called back for one of the many holding calls.... without the holding calls he had a monster day and it never goes to OT.

7 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Not to mention the runs, including the long touchdown run that was called back for one of the many holding calls.... without the holding calls he had a monster day and it never goes to OT.

Yeah he had 40-50yds plus a TD called back.

11 hours ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

He got robbed of a nice touchdown run. That holding call on Pascal was questionable at best. Regardless good game by JT, thought he had a few good runs. Maybe gaining some confidence.

It was definitely a legitimate penalty. Pascal's guy was in position to completely clog the running lane. Pascal was being pushed back, grabbed his guy, and pulled him down with him out of the running lane. It was textbook holding and JT would have never had that open lane to run through without it.

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

The kid ran like he’s tired of sitting onthe bench.

Wilkens looked good too with only about 4 carries. And, once again, Hines being Hines and just making plays. All 3 have contributed well, imo.... and can get better.

Also Ty hada couple plays when we needed them.  Pittman improving by the week.

If we find a stronger pass rush, mainly onthe outside, and cleanup some areas,  we can compete with anyone.  We’re getting closer to that “perfectgame.”

We were missing Autry. Made a difference for sure.

7 hours ago, open window said:

When he got rocked by Doyle?

Don’t believe so. There was no rocking on this play. There were two perfectly open lanes on each side of a blocker, and there was plenty of daylight to the outside. Wouldn’t have been a huge gain, but probably an easy 5-7 yards. But instead he just ran straight into the back of the blocker and everyone kind of fell down like a lazy ending to a game of ring around the rosy for no gain. It was a plenty disappointing play. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah. If that timing hadn’t been off, there was a HUGE hole, and the DBs were wide out, that could have been a TD or at minimum a huge gain. Freaking Doyle

That was not the play I was talking about. I remember that play now, and that was unfortunate, but hardly all the fault of Taylor. Lots of bodies in a tight space, sometimes crap happens. Crap happened on that play. 

But that wasn’t the play in question...

13 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Stop running him out of shotgun, it's completely not his game. Rivers was under center for most of the first drive (of 2nd half) and for most of JTs good runs. That's not a coincidence. 

That 2nd half is what we need consistently. Great job.

Makes sense, Wisconsin's play style is pretty similar to Iowa's and neither team runs from the shotgun much.

The thing I will say that runs out of the shotgun have become so common place in the NFL that I think JT is going to have to learn how to do them.  Because I just don't think that is something that most pro-teams are willing to entirely scheme around.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Good observation!!! He is that kind of downhill runner that has to gather momentum, probably a little easier for him to have a running start before the handoff. 

Don't know if it makes sense to transform an entire offense because of the limitations of a rookie RB though.  Many people are acting as if this a small adjustment.  It's not.  It's a major adjustment that limits alot of the other stuff that the Colts want to run.

I think the most impressive part was that our Oline wasn't even blocking that great, it was mostly all Taylor. Seeing cutback lanes, breaking tackles. There was a number of times he got hit in the backfield and managed positive yardage. I think running him later into games, rather then the beginning helps him alot, as he's a power bruiser type of RB, wears down an already worn down defense.

58 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

One thing he doesn’t get enough credit for is , he looks very good in the pass game 

He does on the dumpoffs and screens.  He is going to be productive in that game, but he is most likely never going to run many good routes past the LOS like Hines and other "pass catching" backs.

5 hours ago, krunk said:

After that game i dont feel so uneasy about us being able to beat Pittsburgh. I think we can do it.

I don't know man, history hasn't favored us against Pitt. They look lethal right now too. I think we lose that one but if we somehow pulled a win, it would shock the NFL world. Especially since they are undefeated.

10 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I would have to agree with that.

I view Autry as a poor-man’s Clowney.  Actually, he may be outplaying Clowney.  (Pre-injury that is)

Not only that but it increases the push from the inside when we slide him there working along with Buckner.

That leaves Lewis and Houston one on one on the outside.  When Autry is out I don't think Lewis is as good

rushing from the inside as Autry.  If Lewis is outside and Autry is not playing then who is really left to push the

pocket along with Buckner besides Buckner?

Stephen Holder

@HolderStephen

On Denico Autry, the deal is as follows: If he is asymptomatic, his 10 day quarantine would make him available for Tennessee. If is IS symptomatic, it's 14 days. That would mean he missed Sunday's game. Colts opting not to disclose if there are symptoms.

3:10 PM · Nov 23, 2020

See the latest COVID-19 information on Twitter

9 hours ago, Nickster said:

He does on the dumpoffs and screens.  He is going to be productive in that game, but he is most likely never going to run many good routes past the LOS like Hines and other "pass catching" backs.

Yea he is never gonna be like Hines in that regard but screen game and dump offs type plays he’s gonna he productive 

6 hours ago, will426 said:

Post game presser Jt was asked about Zone scheme and cutbacks and how he likes them but also even the reporter knew he looked good in zone rather than shotgun but our coaches don’t seem to get it..

I don’t think they want to change the entire offense to suit Taylor this year.

It’s not as simple as people think.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:44 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

22 carries for 90 Yards and ran hard, hit holes. He shut everyone up today lmao 

1:  And he had about 40 yards and a TD taken off the board because of holding calls.

2:  No, he didn't, JT haters will be out in full force next time he has a fumble or misses a block that leads to a sack or has a bad game.

17 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I don't know man, history hasn't favored us against Pitt. They look lethal right now too. I think we lose that one but if we somehow pulled a win, it would shock the NFL world. Especially since they are undefeated.

I watched them against Houston. I think we can beat them as long as the offense keeps staying on the uptick like it has.

On 11/23/2020 at 7:49 AM, AwesomeAustin said:

I saw that too and the announcers even said GB was using six DBs a lot.  Not sure why it takes until halftime to make the adjustments. Once it gets colder you have to be able to see these things and adapt on the fly.   It will take 4 quarters to win in the playoffs.  

Even the pre-game show mentioned GB plays a lot of dime, and we needed to exploit things up the gut. IMO, should have been part of the game plan early. Like I said, I'm just happy they adjusted before it was too late. I think we could have crushed them in the first half had we attacked it earlier though. 

Archived