Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grover Stewart

dw49

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

I remember when he didn't look good a few years back.    Man he's come along way and he's kicking butt this year.   Henry may have found his match :) !!

Sorta sounds like that JT guy, doesn't it?  Hope they don't give up on him yet.

Say what you want, but Ballard has a done an excellent job building this defense.  

a lot of the talent we have on defense is young and HOMEGROWN!  And Grover is another stud pick by Ballard.  

we have a nice 1-2 punch with Grover and Buckner.  Pay that man please. 

7 minutes ago, dw49 said:

My question on that stiff arm is "was it even legal ?" It it was , it shouldn't be. Henry snapped Grovers head back by showing his face mask.  

Will never understand why a ball carrier is allowed to shove/push/punch the defender in the face with their hand, while it is illegal for everyone else on the field to do it.

He’s played well all season. He’s one of the guys that I try to keep an eye on when they snap the ball because there are times that he gets out of his stance like he was spring-loaded. I also really like his discipline. He knows his job, and he doesn’t try to do more than he should. 

16 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Will never understand why a ball carrier is allowed to shove/push/punch the defender in the face with their hand, while it is illegal for everyone else on the field to do it.

Do you know if it's actually legal ? I would think that one was illegal. I can't believe you can snap a defenders head back like that by using your hand on his face mask. I can see a "pop '  high on the helmet maybe can be ok but not that ...

17 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Do you know if it's actually legal ? I would think that one was illegal. I can't believe you can snap a defenders head back like that by using your hand on his face mask. I can see a "pop '  high on the helmet maybe can be ok but not that ...

Yeah the rule favors offense. If a defender does it, its a facemask, if an offensive guy does it, its a stiff arm.

But I'm sure if you asked Grover, he'd tell you the mistake he made was trying to tackle henry that high.

2 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Yeah the rule favors offense. If a defender does it, its a facemask, if an offensive guy does it, its a stiff arm.

But I'm sure if you asked Grover, he'd tell you the mistake he made was trying to tackle henry that high.

Not entirely accurate, it's still a facemask if a ball carry grabs the faskmask. Defensively if you incidentally hit the facemask but do not grab/twist it should not be a penalty, either (with a few exceptions). And then there are hands to the face penalties which are different from facemasks.

Facemask penalty involves grabbing the opening of the helmet, which no one is allowed to do.

And to the point that stiff arms should be illegal, I cannot recall ever seeing someone injured from a stiff arm (other than their pride).

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

He will be on another team next season.  The Colts have too many players to pay.

You're joking right? Grover isn't going anywhere lol. Wow I'm surprised you just said that. And nah we don't have that many people to sign, 

Houston

Hilton

Autry

Glow

Some of the big ones, and we have hella cap space. Nelson's option is coming up, and then we will have to resign Leonard. I still wouldn't say we are pinching pennies quite yet. 

90 will be a staple on this line for the next 3 years. 

10 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

You're joking right? Grover isn't going anywhere lol. Wow I'm surprised you just said that. And nah we don't have that many people to sign, 

Houston

Hilton

Autry

Glow

Some of the big ones, and we have hella cap space. Nelson's option is coming up, and then we will have to resign Leonard. I still wouldn't say we are pinching pennies quite yet. 

Plus at most 1 more year of Rivers and probably just 1 more year of Castonzo also. That frees up around 40 million. Add to that mist likely no Jack Doyle or TY Hilton in 2022. Many players to sign but should have ample cap room.

Most teams get into cap hell due to big cap hits due to "pushing contracts down the road." The Colts do not do that. For example .. New England had around 26 mill in 2020 dead cap hit. The Colts had around 9.5 . 8.6 mill of that 9.5 was due to Luck's crazy retirement. 6.6 for Andrew and 2 mill to Brian Hoyer. 

Grover’s elevated play is twofold.

He is starting to put it all together after developing for a few years; not every great player is elite from Day 1. 

And Buckner is commanding double teams; giving Grover 1:1 matchups that he’s winning. 

Ballard wasn’t lying when he said the 3T runs the defense. Looking forward to our DL continuing to get better (Turray comes back) and Grover to continue to make plays. 

5 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Houston

Hilton

Autry

Glow

Houston is probably out he hasn't really impressed me. 

Having Buckner next to him helps tremendously.  You can't single-block Buckner unless you're an elite offensive lineman or he'll just shove you on your butt.  That frees Grover up to wreck people.

I love our defense this year.  Only defense I liked watching better was our Bob Sanders defense in the playoffs in 06/07.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:04 PM, dw49 said:

Last pick in the 4th round 2017 draft. 

Barring something unforeseen , he going to get a very big contract this offseason. What can you say other than  he has taken a huge step forward this year.

Hmmmmm. Added lean mass.......looks in better shape.....contract year. Pass. There is no way I extend him with a large contract.  Want more proof

Archived