Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, anyone NOT think the Brisset experiment is over?

ColtJax

I do think it's not over - if for no other reason than who are we going to replace him with? I don't think Ballard and Reich would take any QB we would be in a position to draft over Jacoby, and the same is likely true of any free agents.

I will be shocked if Jacoby isn't the starter week 1 of the 2020 season.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I thought they would at least play Chad to see what they may have in him (I don’t know if he was active today or not). But I guess it is Jacoby until the bitter end.

I hope the experiment is over. This is exactly what I knew was going to happen when Jacoby was named the QB

• Like 2

We didn't really have a choice with Luck bailing, but I said to myself and on the forum it's only fair to give him the entire year. But he's showing that he's a middle of the road QB who will be to inconsistent overall. He'll win 2 solid ones then have 2 brutal losses.

Hopefully we find the next 'franchise' soon.

• Like 2

I wouldn't put all of blame on JB play but it is apparent that he is at best an average QB. He is not going to win games on his passing ability. We had no receivers all season. our TE play is not great. Doyle is not a vertical receiving threat. He is a possession type receiver. We have a good OL for running the ball. However the pass blocking has not been great. Not sure if that is on the line or JB's tendency to hold onto ball too long.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

If we can draft a good QB we should. At best JB keeps position warm for a prospect. CB needs to get creative and do whatever is necessary to trade into #1 slot for Burrows. I would give up our #1  and #2 we got from Washington + a #1 next year for Burrows.

That wouldn’t be enough.  

Bengals won’t trade out no matter what IMO, but especially not for that weak of a deal.

15 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I do think it's not over - if for no other reason than who are we going to replace him with? I don't think Ballard and Reich would take any QB we would be in a position to draft over Jacoby, and the same is likely true of any free agents.

I will be shocked if Jacoby isn't the starter week 1 of the 2020 season.

So do you think Jacody is better than Teddy Bridgewater? 

6 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

I wouldn't put all of blame on JB play but it is apparent that he is at best an average QB. He is not going to win games on his passing ability. We had no receivers all season. our TE play is not great. Doyle is not a vertical receiving threat. He is a possession type receiver. We have a good OL for running the ball. However the pass blocking has not been great. Not sure if that is on the line or JB's tendency to hold onto ball too long.

Our O line was at the top in time to pass ... Pass blocking has been great its a QB holding the ball to long.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

People need to understand that Brissett is NOT the answer. Even for next year. 

But what's more worrying is the way the Colts seem to view Brissett. Didn't Reich say he believe Brissett is a top 20 QB in the NFL?

Based on that statement he'll want to keep Brissett as the Colts starting QB next season.

Delusional head coach and very worrying in regards to the future of the Colts.

Hopefully Ballard is smarter than that.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This is Ballard's plan of misirection. Let the masses blame Brissett for his shorty comings, which r evident, so it takes the focus of of his lackluster free agent acquisitions and poor drafting.

Poor drafting?? Are you ok my child? 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, IinD said:

We didn't really have a choice with Luck bailing, but I said to myself and on the forum it's only fair to give him the entire year. But he's showing that he's a middle of the road QB who will be to inconsistent overall. He'll win 2 solid ones then have 2 brutal losses.

Hopefully we find the next 'franchise' soon.

Try bottom ten QB he's bad.

• Like 2

What’s most troublesome to me is the Colts will wrap up 2019 as a top 5 rushing team in the NFL, and rank in the top half in those stats that tend to indicate a winning team - third down conversions, turnover differential, points allowed...  its when you see that they’ll finish ranked 27th or 28th in passing yards that the truth hits you between the eyes.  This team as built isn’t too far away.   A road playoff win last year.  One major thing changed.  The most important thing.  And when you can run the ball as well as the Colts do, to not be any threat through the air is abysmal.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2