Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, anyone NOT think the Brisset experiment is over?

ColtJax

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

At this point, I’d be fine with giving up our first rounder for Derek Carr or Dak Prescott if they become available, unfortunately that’s the asking rate for QBs.

I'd be cool with kicking the tires on Carr (pun somewhat intended). Dak Prescott is trash, just roll with Brissett at that point

21 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

If we can draft a good QB we should. At best JB keeps position warm for a prospect. CB needs to get creative and do whatever is necessary to trade into #1 slot for Burrows. I would give up our #1  and #2 we got from Washington + a #1 next year for Burrows.

We will go for Trevor Lawrence after Jacoby wins 4 games next year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Before JB comes back I'd rather see us get Carr,

Raiders are not gonna replace Carr until they have a replacement in hand

Dalton,

I thought you wanted to NOT have mediocre QBs

Rivers

I didn't know it was suddenly 2005 again, why don't people let me know these things?

or a number of back ups.

We have a backup right now.  Why do we need more?

That being said, we could trade up and get Tua or Hubert, both are better options than JB..

Not out of the box they aren't.  None of the top QBs in this draft are plug and play players.  Throw them into the fire and they will burn up.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

At this point, I’d be fine with giving up our first rounder for Derek Carr or Dak Prescott if they become available, unfortunately that’s the asking rate for QBs.

woof. No thank you. Might as well use the first on a rookie qb. Cheaper and longer control as well as being able to groom them for our system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

I just think JB holds on to the ball to long and that will be his downfall. 

So the reason you want to throw money at Bridgewater is Jacoby sucks.

No effort to actually assess whether Bridgewater would actually improve the team.

That's about what I thought, and it disappoints me.

Bridgewater might give us 1-2 games of improvement.  Moving us from 7-9 to maybe as high as 9-7.  Not seeing the imperative here.

1 minute ago, ColtsUrUs said:

Injuries doesn't make a QB take longer to read a Defense. 

Since when?

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

woof. No thank you. Might as well use the first on a rookie qb. Cheaper and longer control as well as being able to groom them for our system.

May bad, I thought Carr was going to be a free agent...but he's signed through 2022. I would definitely not trade for him

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

So the reason you want to throw money at Bridgewater is Jacoby sucks.

No effort to actually assess whether Bridgewater would actually improve the team.

That's about what I thought, and it disappoints me.

Bridgewater might give us 1-2 games of improvement.  Moving us from 7-9 to maybe as high as 9-7.  Not seeing the imperative here.

I just asked the question was TB better than JB. And w/o our Kicker who lost about 2 or 3 by himself we would be 9-7 so that would've made us 11-5 for TB. 

5 minutes ago, kornstar said:

I think they truly like him and are all in on him. I think we’ll hear about the injury a lot to justify why they will stick with him as our franchise QB.

I don't think they see him as their franchise QB.  But what I do think is that Ballard's going to assess the viable alternatives at QB, and the cost of making roster moves required to bring them here, and decide that Jacoby is still the best value and the best solution to the problems he presents is to draft and groom a successor behind him -- which they can do with Jacoby just as easily as anyone else.

I expect the Colts to draft, not a first round megatalent, but an understudy QB who has tools and can be molded over the course of a year or two.  Sort of like the way Mahomes understudied Alex Smith.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

Every draft pick of 2019 has been productive except the last 3 the 6th pick and the two 7th. Everyone else has played and played well. 

So.......Ballard had had 3 years to build this D and if anything, they have gotten worse.  I go results not on how many of his picks r starting.  This D is horrendous.

3 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

I just asked the question was TB better than JB. And w/o our Kicker who lost about 2 or 3 by himself we would be 9-7 so that would've made us 11-5 for TB. 

you have to give that credit to JB too.  It was Brissett that was robbed of those same 2-3 games.  That's the difference between failure and squeaking into the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I do think it's not over - if for no other reason than who are we going to replace him with? I don't think Ballard and Reich would take any QB we would be in a position to draft over Jacoby, and the same is likely true of any free agents.

I will be shocked if Jacoby isn't the starter week 1 of the 2020 season.

Then we can look forward to this garbage next year too.

44 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Decent back up, but a guy that just plays scared. He holds onto the ball too long, misses open receivers and just can't move the team. This game has to be the final nail in that debate..

I don’t think it is over. Not because of Brissett himself. But I think there’s just no better options that are going to be available.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

you have to give that credit to JB too.  It was Brissett that was robbed of those same 2-3 games.  That's the difference between failure and squeaking into the playoffs.

Colts didn't have a WR to get 600 yards this season. That's sad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I don’t think it is over. Not because of Brissett himself. But I think there’s just no better options that are going to be available.

This would have to be the worst draft in NFL history for there not to be an option better than Brissett. That's not even counting FA.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What would you think of Rivers on a 2 year deal? and then drafting all defense?

I'd rather have Dalton tbh. He's capable of having great games, and I believe he would with our O-Line. Not in favor of going all defense. Still want to go BPA at positions  of need.

37 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

I wouldn't put all of blame on JB play but it is apparent that he is at best an average QB. He is not going to win games on his passing ability. We had no receivers all season. our TE play is not great. Doyle is not a vertical receiving threat. He is a possession type receiver. We have a good OL for running the ball. However the pass blocking has not been great. Not sure if that is on the line or JB's tendency to hold onto ball too long.

And many times when he does throw it the ball is slightly behind the receiver. He is just not accurate enough for a top flight quarterback.

• Like 1

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Very meh. He’s just been pretty bad this year. Not that he’s played behind a good OL, but still.

He would have a great Line here to protect his old butt lol but I know he is older. I like Carr but we would have to trade for him. Chargers lost like 5 games this year by 7 points or less. Rivers still has it IMO. Just throwing it out.

4 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

If that’s the case, if we get past the Raiders (mid first round), and get our choice of Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw with our first pick, then we move back into Round 1 giving up both our 2nd rounders.

If the Raiders hand is forced and they don’t draft a QB and Herbert or Love is available, we get one of them. If the Raiders draft a QB, they’d be fine with both our second rounders for Carr then.

27 minutes ago, kornstar said:

I think they truly like him and are all in on him. I think we’ll hear about the injury a lot to justify why they will stick with him as our franchise QB.

Keep believing. Hopefully the other GMs in the league also believe so we can do what we want to do in the draft and FA.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd rather have Dalton tbh. He's capable of having great games, and I believe he would with our O-Line. Not in favor of going all defense. Still want to go BPA at positions  of need.

I do not think Dalton is bad but I have never been fan of his. He has been above average. No playoff wins but then again his coaching has been suspect too.