Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Broncos Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not 10 years old.   I don't believe in Jinx

Meh, I’m not either. But I’ve seen enough Hail Mary and broken tackles go for TDS or within FG range too many times to call it a game with time left on the clock and a two point lead. Especially the way the refs played this game

Just now, csmopar said:

Meh, I’m not either. But I’ve seen enough Hail Mary and broken tackles go for TDS or within FG range too many times to call it a game with time left on the clock and a two point lead. Especially the way the refs played this game

That wouldn't be a jinx.  That would be bad defense

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

JB has balls. Nothing working all day and that throw to TY. He did it. That is what makes players great.

he played horrible have to call him out..... i was wanna of the biggest jb band wagoners but i am a realist out side of the texans and falcons games he looks terrible .  his tds got inflated by throwing a lot inside the 10   after the running game got the colts there.  teams in the red zone are playing the run making wide open throwing lanes .

stats do not tell the whole story of taking 10 seconds to go through progressions no anticipation throws . when he gets flushed out the pocket  he cant throw on the move to well . when pressure is coming at him he gets inaccurate .

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People bashing this team all game, thanks for playing. Colts win 15-13 and hey 5-2 5-2 5-2 5-2 5-2 5-2 5-2 5-2 5-2 = all that matters. Vinny said stick that in your tail pipe! 

Lol. You're almost too positive. 

Brissett had a nice play in the closing minutes, getting away from a sack and safety and throwing a long pass.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he played horrible have to call him out..... i was wanna of the biggest jb band wagoners but i am a realist out side of the texans and falcons games he looks terrible .  his tds got inflated by throwing a lot inside the 10   after the running game got the colts there.  teams in the red zone are playing the run making wide open throwing lanes .

stats do not tell the whole story of taking 10 seconds to go through progressions no anticipation throws . when he gets flushed out the pocket  he cant throw on the move to well . when pressure is coming at him he gets inaccurate .

...and yet, with all that said (even though it's mostly true), JB put the team on his back and marched them downfield for the winning FG.  He finds ways to win.  I'll take that or now.  Re-evaluate things come the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. You're almost too positive. 

Brissett had a nice play in the closing minutes, getting away from a sack and safety and throwing a long pass.  

So calling out the obvious is bashing now? Theres always that one guy. This was one of the more undeserved wins I've ever seen.  But they won , so it's all good I guess. 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Good call, I have the same situation and realization. 

It's interesting watching both sides move closer to the center on JB. Some of we 'sunshine pumpers' are starting to see JB's limitations and, hopefully, areas for growth. Meanwhile some of the haters are starting to see he's quite serviceable and has decent upside, especially within the team/system that FR/CB have put together.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

Brissett is OK. Someone needs to work with him on his reads and getting the ball out quicker. If (and it's a big IF) he can make those things happen, he'll be very, very good. If not, we've got work to do to find someone who can.

For a while, I kinda thought Pagano had snuck in and was calling the plays. I chalk that up to being a young team. Thankfully, my new blood pressure meds are working.

Just now, mahagga73 said:

So calling out the obvious is bashing now? Theres always that one guy. This was one of the more undeserved wins I've ever seen.  But they won , so it's all good I guess. 

Huh? I have no idea why you quoted me. 

Well, that was a bit of a rollercoaster, but we got there in the end. Yes, there was plenty wrong with the display, but better to work on these things with a win in the bag than a loss. 

Onwards to next week, surely we cannot be so bad again, but as the saying goes, "a team that wins ugly is a team that wins". 

Cmon Colts. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but yet we lose to the Chargers in a pretty loss and people all over Brissett and Vinny. All that matters is we won. Some of the posts on here were flat out embarrassing all game to be honest. We won, end of story :thmup: 

I was not following the game thread. I just snuck in at the end. Winning is most important. (You play to win the game :)). As I wrote on the Vikings site, making the playoffs is not determined by strength of victory or how pretty you played.

• Thanks 1

Broncos D is good , so I wouldn't be too negative.  It's the NFL , anybody can be beat if they don't show up.  Jacoby strength and size showed up on that play.  He has an unbelievable arm.  I would say we stole one to make up for the one we let get away against the Chargers.  Fangio was way too conservative running the ball on that last drive ,a big thanks for that.   Adam misses a pat , looks great on the long ones except the first.  Dont even know what to make of that.  He made it when it counted. It's a win , crisis averted. 

53 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

We have certainly let a few good ones go but AV wasn’t this bad or even a 1/132 of this bad. Wasn’t time, now it’s definitely time. AV is still a HOF guy. He is just a huge liability now and have no trust he will win that clutch game anymore. 

One I’ve seen today was iffy but most should have been called. Thing is, the other side was not getting called for these things and other fouls. 

The warning signs with Vinny have been evident for quite some time.

Yes, I’m ecstatic that he hit the game-winner.  But let’s not forget why it had to be a game-winner.

We shouldn’t have to be holding our breath on PATs.  But we are.  And anybody who says this is a recent thing hasn’t been paying attention.  He just seems to be making iffy contact too often....and that was the case most of last year, too.

Just now, mahagga73 said:

I was responding to the one you responded too. Sorry.  Messed up. 

I get it.

Thank God we came out with a victory.  Denver’s D was terrific today.  We simply couldn’t get the ball downfield very often.  Their pass coverage was fantastic.

Hopefully, we can use this game as a learning and growing experience for our younger guys.

• Like 1