Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Broncos Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

45 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

The warning signs with Vinny have been evident for quite some time.

Yes, I’m ecstatic that he hit the game-winner.  But let’s not forget why it had to be a game-winner.

We shouldn’t have to be holding our breath on PATs.  But we are.  And anybody who says this is a recent thing hasn’t been paying attention.  He just seems to be making iffy contact too often....and that was the case most of last year, too.

I can’t argue with any  of this. Vinny isn’t better right now than a rookie off the street. His kicks scare the bejesus out of me. Again, first ballot HOF guy, love his leadership qualities, love everything this guy has done for us since we’ve got him in FA. If we cut him tomorrow, I’ll be supportive of the move even if the new guy is t any better than Vinny. I’ll also understand why you just don’t cut him to cut him and replace with anyone that’s a question mark and that’s what is generally left to pick from currently. I wished Vinny would have went out last season at the end instead of trying to prove something else. It’s all in Ballard and Franks hands right now. If Irsay stops a change then that’s something else (we will never know that side though). 

2 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

if you didnt know the score and read this thread you would think the colts lost and are 0-7

I think it’s to be expected that people would be concerned about how poorly we played today.  It’s not a 1 game season.

If this had the Super Bowl, and all that mattered was whether we won or lost, I suspect there wouldn’t be too much criticism.  But we’ve got a long way to go...and the way we played today isn’t going to get it done against better competition.