Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering is upon us!

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I said 4/37... NFL teams should just let me structure their contracts.

Probably stayed at a Holiday Inn.

7 minutes ago, James said:

You have to think they are working on their targets.

The draft is Ballard's target.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well either way we need a deep threat not a slot. Just my opinion.

It's all about priorities. Most teams in the NFL would like to have 2 deep threats. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

I said 4/37... NFL teams should just let me structure their contracts.

Here's what I had in my last mock from yesterday:

Adam Humphries , WR 25 years old, 4 years 36M(19M guaranteed, 9M fully guaranteed 1st year)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Interesting.

I mentioned yesterday, I thought he'd be a cheaper option over Williams and Humphries.

Beasley fits Reich's offense well IMO. He won't be a star, but you'd get 60-70 receptions and 700-800 yds of offense out of Beasley.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Well, Humphries didn't break the bank at an avg of $9 m per year. That makes the Williams beauty contest very  interesting. He's a #2 WR, not a slot, so he's worth more. Is he worth $12m per year? Because that's what I think he'll get. Tough call in a limited market. I hope the Colts go for it. They need to get another impact WR. Williams is that guy. Gonna have to beat out the Browns for his services, though. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Does that really improve our WR core? IDK. His yards don’t look bad. But can’t we get that with Rogers or Inman.

Inman isn't a slot receiver like Beasley though is he?

Rogers is strictly a backup for me.

I really think the only Colts signing we will hear about this week might be the receiver from San Diego....Tyrell Williams.  If the price is right and assuming we sign anyone.  That just seems to be how Ballard rolls in week one of Free Agency.   It really doesn’t matter to him that they have the cap space to sign anyone they want.  It’s all about whether or not he can sign them at his valuation level.  If not then it’s a hard pass and on to the next viable option.  He will likely let the pass rusher and safety markets settle down some before diving in.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, #12. said:

If it was 12 million, three weeks ago someone might have called that crazy... for a box safety.  It they were #2, whatever it was, it was substantial, so we can can probably pump the brakes on the prudent shopper nonsense.  

Why based on assumptions? You don't know what the Colts were offering and you do not know how highly they valued Collins.  You are the one that keeps confusing prudent shopper with not willing to spend.  The Colts have a value on a player and will not go over that value which has been proven with CB.  The Colts approach to FA is to not overspend according to their own valuation not mine or yours or Dan Snyder's.  CB is disciplined within this structure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I mentioned yesterday, I thought he'd be a cheaper option over Williams and Humphries.

Beasley fits Reich's offense well IMO. He won't be a star, but you'd get 60-70 receptions and 700-800 yds of offense out of Beasley.

Yeah, we can probably get out of Beasley what Tampa got out of Humphries. I was hoping Humphries would provide a higher level of production, though. Beasley is probably tapped out. 

Decent consolation, if it happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Former Pats assistants are helping their old team get compensatory picks. 

I wonder where Anthony Barr will go.

The last I had seen was the Lions were in the mix, but I doubt they are now after all of their signings.  I could see Steelers or Raiders as potential landing spots.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

The last I had seen was the Lions were in the mix, but I doubt they are now after all of their signings.  I could see Steelers or Raiders as potential landing spots.  

Thank you. I read on the Jets site that they were very interested in Barr. We probably won't be able to keep him. (Cousins :flaming:). I hate losing valued players. :(

A guy who I like and could be one of those Denico Autry type signings is Markus Golden from Arizona.  He had 12.5 sacks a couple of years ago but got hurt the next year.  Last year came back and played well toward the end of the year.  He's 27 (will be 28 Wednesday). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jblastick said:

A guy who I like and could be one of those Denico Autry type signings is Markus Golden from Arizona.  He had 12.5 sacks a couple of years ago but got hurt the next year.  Last year came back and played well toward the end of the year.  He's 27 (will be 28 Wednesday). 

Saw his name mentioned somewhere yesterday. Agree, could be very productive and should be relatively cheap.

57 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Sure. But a S can absolutely improve a defense and players around him. 

Traditionally, the G position (like S) has been undervalued. But then you have Norwell getting a huge deal and Nelson getting drafted top 6.

Just seems like S is starting to catch up. And I don't think it prevents a team from building a great defense.

If you followed this stuff at allhw can you blather this ___.
 There have been 8-10 starting safeties allowed to go to FA or Cut. LMAO

43 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Doaes that really improve our  WR score? IDK. His yeards don’t look bad. But can’t we get that with Rogers  or Inman.ND 

IMO Beasley is easily an upgrade in the slot. I think he may get more money then CB values him at in a weak WR market. 

12 minutes ago, jblastick said:

This is the type of FA signing I’d expect to see and agree he could produce a year removed from the ACL injury