Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering is upon us!

Colts agreed to terms with WR Devin Funchess, formerly of the Panthers, on a one-year contract.

This is the type of signing GM Chris Ballard prefers to make. With teams shelling out insane money in free agency, Ballard instead takes a flier on a talented wideout like Funchess who is coming off a down season in Carolina. Funchess is by no means an All-Pro, but he can certainly elevate his game in Indy with a quarterback and offense upgrade from Cam Newton to Andrew Luck. The deal has a max value of $13 million should Funchess hit all his incentives.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a very ballard like nice. This could be what Ebron was last year. If he proves himself he will be here long term. If Cain ends up being very good we aren’t stuck with him.

What if he only signed here because Ballard offered him the most money...going to chastise him?

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

His stats look good. He is young. My question is why would he come here on a one year deal. He should be coming around when a receiver starts to play well in the NFL. Is he a slot or a deep threat.

He is a 6'4" 225lb slot that ran 2 4.70's at the combine.

• Like 1

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Probably the 1 guy i don't look forward to watching.
Our 1st signing and we give him Huge $$$. 
Well, he isn't so fast that Andrew will have trouble hitting him with a contested catch.

The deal has a max value of $13 million should Funchess hit all his incentives.

14 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He is a 6'4" 225lb slot that ran 2 4.70's at the combine.

Tell us how fast Plaxico Burress and Alshon Jeffrey are? Funchess isnt just a slot. Hes played the #1 and #2 receiver and has the tools to be a possession guy as well as a red zone threat. I knew Reich and Ballard would like him due to that versatility. Id still add another speed guy like Williams or something else though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Receivers tend to start really doing well in their 2nd or 3rd year. This could end up being a steal.  There is really no risk.

Well he's had 4 years in the league already and all the opportunity In the world in Carolina. Hasn't done anything. I trust CB, But must say I'm very dissapointed. 

I like it relatively young player, who underperformed with an inaccurate QB. Now he has the chance to excel or he will be gone after the year. Low risk high reward. 

Not that worried about money because it’s a one year deal and we have ridiculous amount of cap space