Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering is upon us!

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard had consistently noted that teams that “win free agency” typically do poorly during the regular season.   

Ballard is an amazingly disciplined GM.  

the last two super bowl winners have actually been pretty aggressive.  the eagles have always made headline moves, and they had high priced free agents on their super bowl run.  the patriots also make lots of moves, and they have been known to bring in expensive free agents too, when they have cap space

39 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

If you followed this stuff at allhw can you blather this ___.
 There have been 8-10 starting safeties allowed to go to FA or Cut. LMAO

And how many of them have signed? I have been following so far...one S got 6/$84M and one got $4/27M (who couldn't even get a job last year). The positional value for S is obviously going up...much like G has.

Regardless, the point of my comment that you decided to % on for some reason...was me disagreeing with the idea that signing Collins somehow prevents WAS from being able to build a good defense. And it doesn't. It might not be my (or others) preferred method for doing it...but that doesn't mean he won't be a centerpiece for that defense and make others around him better.

13 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the last two super bowl winners have actually been pretty aggressive.  the eagles have always made headline moves, and they had high priced free agents on their super bowl run.  the patriots also make lots of moves, and they have been known to bring in expensive free agents too, when they have cap space

And the Super Bowl runner ups, the Rams, were among the most active in free agency last year.

Having said that, I don't like my team to sign too many outside free agents. I prefer drafting well, developing players, re-signing them and signing a free agent here and there to complement the team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MPStack said:

His missed one game the past five years. He's just not listed as a starter.

Ok, thought it was more than that. He was hurt often though just played through it. With his size longevity could be an issue. I know some Dallas fans liked him a lot some felt like he was heading downhill and didnt expect him back even if they had money to pay him.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Wow. Only a year though so I am ok with that. Still confused why he would even consider a one year deal.

imagine if they signed grant to a 3-4yr deal. i'm fine with this given if he performs well he comes back but i think this is build through the draft 101.

LOL this Funchess deal looks funny.  13 million is much more than "prove it" money yet still only a 1 year deal for a young player.  I'll have to reserve any judgment until further notice.  

I'm surprised he could command that type of money.

• Like 1