Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering is upon us!

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

They can sign Desir, we can sign Collins....  seems good to me.  ;)

Desir was a STUD twice against D Hopkins. A lot of value there.
 And the Giants had to love the despair on Amari Cooper's face when Desir embarrassed him. They see some serious value there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

To me, every year, the next 2-3 days are the most exciting of the offseason.  Wonder if we'll have any leaks from today happen.  If they do, I'll post them here.

Want Za'darius Smith the most of these guys. Ray would be a good cheap option as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Fowler got 14, Flowers will

prob get about 17

Yeah, Flowers will be for sure in that range.  However, looks like there is a LOT of FA Edge Rushers combined with a plurality of edge rushers and DL in the draft.  Kind of an oddity if you ask me

36 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think it would be all that hard to replace Desir.

The corner FA market is incredibly weak.   So unless it’s internal, like Wilson, I’m not sure who you think solves the problem.  

I dont think we can we can count on a drafted rookie to step in... 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The corner FA market is incredibly weak.   So unless it’s internal, like Wilson, I’m not sure who you think solves the problem.  

Jason Verrett is someone id like us to look at if Desir walks

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

To me, every year, the next 2-3 days are the most exciting of the offseason.  Wonder if we'll have any leaks from today happen.  If they do, I'll post them here.

That is quite an underwhelming group overall...given how old some of those guys are and how expensive some other guys will be for the level of player they are.

Flowers is going to get paid...and not sure Ballard will feel comfortable doing that. I don't think I would.

I am not totally opposed to Ansah on a short-term deal...but the price would have to be right and the Colts would have to have some insurance against injury.

Preston Smith seems like a decent signing to replace Sheard with a player of similar talent. But I imagine he won't cost the same as Sheard did.

All in all...I think there is probably a player or two that they can add to the rotation...but they are going to need some luck in the draft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Jaylen Collins may be one of those guys.   Ballard found Desir off the scrap heap.

I trust if he let him test the market he's got something in mind the same as he did

last year.   We've had rookies step in under this scheme before, so it wouldn't be

the first time.  It's not ideal but I remember Jerraud Powers stepping in a couple

years ago and doing a pretty solid job.  If we keep Desir I'm cool with that but I dont

think it would be that hard to replace him.

• Like 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825004-nfl-rumors-cj-mosley-pursued-by-ravens-eagles-jets-colts-redskins-and-lions

This is my most wanted free agent for this team. He wouldn't kill us cap wise, and would complete this LB core with Leonard and Walker, making our LB core potentially the best in football. And he's only 26 so he has many years left in him and has good command of the defense. Walker and Leonard are better suited for free roam outside backers. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think Zadarius Smith is the best fit for us other than being multiple.  He's good from the inside but he's not all that great coming off the edge.

Agree...would be a bad signing for what he will cost. Offers nothing from the edge...and it's not difficult to find less athletic DE types to kick inside. No sense in paying $10M+ for one. And to be honest...I don't think he's all that impressive on the interior either.

I think he's Tyquan Lewis with better run defense. But Lewis at least has some upside from the interior and his run defense will get better. I really hope the Colts stay away.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Colts will probably be linked to half of the free agents on the market this week. There will be a lot of smoke, there probably won't be much actual fire.

Assuming these guys have competent agents...then it might be even more than that.