Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just found out I can't watch the game live

Myles

I have to pick up my daughter at a swim meet at 4 pm, and drive 30 minutes and drop her off at her show choir concert.  Then 15 minutes back home.  Of course a bit of extra time in there.    So I will not look at my phone, listen to the radio or talk to anyone.

Feel a little bad for not staying to see her perform at the concert, but I've seen it and she is fine with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I have to pick up my daughter at a swim meet at 4 pm, and drive 30 minutes and drop her off at her show choir concert.  Then 15 minutes back home.  Of course a bit of extra time in there.    So I will not look at my phone, listen to the radio or talk to anyone.

Feel a little bad for not staying to see her perform at the concert, but I've seen it and she is fine with it.

Dude just DVR the game and spend time with your daughter

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

Give her your cell phone and uber password.  They grow up so fast...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Myles said:

Tell her to drive herself.

So what if she's only 12:bossy:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

Theres yet another reason it is good i dont have kids..... because on game day, they'd be on their own!  Hey, it builds character.  No?

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

You’re the worst father in history.... and if the Colts lose its your fault. (jk :D)

C6C19E25-FC92-4D8B-92DA-39C3D4C5A92C.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You could always watch the game on the NFL AP and be there with your daughter.

But if your daughter doesn’t mind you not being there then go  for it.

The year Andrew led them back against the Chiefs I was to recieve another Million Mile Safe Driving Award at a banquet.  Told my boss I'd be there, but was watching the game via Slingbox on my phone.  Slingbox sends what's on my spare bedroom TV to my phone.  I've watched it all around the USA- even sitting on a Wyomimg Mountain snowed in.  It's about a minute or two behind live. The bar crowd would scream when the Colts scored. A minute later, our banquet had everyone gathered behind me to see my phone!!!!!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Myles said:

If you have verizon and NFL Mobile you can watch it live on the app. No sign in or anything. It what I may do Sunday while driving back to school at least putting it through my car radio

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

will DVR it of course.  Just have to stay off grid for an hour.  

I had to do that a lot this year, and I didn't watch last week's game live, either. I'll be about 45 minutes behind this Saturday, too. At least you can fast forward the commercials, and hopefully be caught up by the 4th quarter.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, deadman said:

Oh wow! I would do the same but this is killer. I'd think about listening to the radio feed and rewatch the game later. Being a part of the moment is the best part. 

Pulling for your brother we need every hand on Deck right here. Every Colts fan needs to be loud and proud, pray chant whatever. It's one in time on Saturday afternoon

1 hour ago, HectorRoberts said:

Haha my wife is due on the same day as the afc championship! So she maybe on her own in that delivery room

I know how you feel.

My family was set to test a new engine combination in our drag car (I'm the crew chief) and my then gf went into labor that morning I was so mad that my dad took the car out anyways. i told him " I hope you blow the damn thing up" because i had to be with the gf. So happens he blew the transmission up not the motor. I was kinda glad it was the lesser of the 2 that failed. 

59 minutes ago, Superman said:

I had to do that a lot this year, and I didn't watch last week's game live, either. I'll be about 45 minutes behind this Saturday, too. At least you can fast forward the commercials, and hopefully be caught up by the 4th quarter.

For regular season that's how I watch games. I have had the pleasure of watching every colts game this year. 

For playoffs I like to start with a small delay and catch up at the half.

• Like 1

I will never feel what it felt like the day the colts beat the pats to go to the Superbowl in 06. I was in piano class in High school that day and i remember asking my teacher over and over again what the score was and the look on my face when he told me that we won i just couldn't believe it:Cry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Download the Yahoo Sports app. It will play on there for free. 

• Like 1

I remember the last time we played the Chiefs in the playoffs, my dad was being dispatched from the hospital. I left to pick him up when we were down 10-7, and came back right when the chiefs took the 38-10 lead. So I basically missed all the trash parts of the game and only came back when it was fire haha 

Dad gets dispatched plus the colts with the ultimate comeback...now THAT was a good day 

• Like 2

Not to get off topic, but how can you guys who go off the grid until you can catch up stand not knowing what's happening? For most of this year, I was unable to watch any of the games until the 4th quarter, but any chance I could I was checking the score on my phone. I DVR'd the games and watched the whole thing when I could, but I could not stand the thought of not knowing what was or had happened. Maybe I'm just weird...

12 hours ago, Myles said:

I usually don't tell someone how to parent, but this one is so obvious I must break my own rule.

Time with your daughter is #1 priority, so pick her up from swim meet and tell her she's skipping show choir so you can watch the Colts game together!

• Like 1

Man I thought I was the only one. I have an acoustic gig 5-8 on Saturday that I scheduled 4 months ago. I'm freaking out because it's a Winery and not a sports bar that has a bunch of TV's. 

I'll obviously DVR it, but I'm going to be up there singing a song and either jumping for joy or trying not to curse into the mic while performing. 

Dang you NFL scheduler! This game should be on Sunday!!!! 

14 hours ago, Myles said:

The game will be live streaming on the NFL app, make it happen!

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Family first man. 18 years is all you get and even that's not guaranteed. Spend the time with your daughter, read back on the game day thread later while watching on DVR...

I will be spending time with her as I pick her up and bring her.   I wouldn't be hanging out with her at show choir.   It's really not a matter of missing any quality time.   Priorities have never been an issue with me for those things.   Kids first.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Man I thought I was the only one. I have an acoustic gig 5-8 on Saturday that I scheduled 4 months ago. I'm freaking out because it's a Winery and not a sports bar that has a bunch of TV's. 

I'll obviously DVR it, but I'm going to be up there singing a song and either jumping for joy or trying not to curse into the mic while performing. 

Dang you NFL scheduler! This game should be on Sunday!!!! 

You are screwed.   No chance you won't hear the score and who won.    Don't wineries usually have a TV or 2 on sports.     Why else would a guy go?

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The game will be live streaming on the NFL app, make it happen!

I'd rather go off the grid for an hour or so and watch it from the start on the TV at home.  

• Like 1

I have too go too a formal work party for my girlfriend :wall: I dont pay for cable but luckily my t.v has an option where I can plug in a usb drive and record live shows so that's what Ill be  doing. All my Sundays this year I pushed her off until about 4 so I guess I owe her this? :dunno: Just hate being on the Saturday game

I will watch the first half hour and have to drive to a Bible study!!! The people of Ephesus shall bless my team there on wards, right Paul? :) 

For what it is worth, I watched the first half hour of the 2006 divisional round Ravens playoff game with the Colts kicking a FG at the beginning, and left for the same Bible study to learn the Colts won 15-6 at the end of it all, and then sweated it out during the AFCCG vs the Patriots. :dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I will watch the first half hour and have to drive to a Bible study!!! The people of Ephesus shall bless my team there on wards, right Paul? :) 

For what it is worth, I watched the first half hour of the 2006 divisional round Ravens playoff game with the Colts kicking a FG at the beginning, and left for the same Bible study to learn the Colts won 15-6 at the end of it all, and then sweated it out during the AFCCG vs the Patriots. :dunno:

I drive for a living. Out of state, normally in Okla and Missouri during colts games. Normally have to drive during the first 3 quarters, maybe get parked in time for the 4th.  What has me upset all year long is- I listen to 1070 on the internet on my tablet for the 10am pregame show, but, an hour before the game and during the game, all Colts-stuff is blocked if you are out of Indiana during that time, and espn broadcasts soccer during that time.  My xm carries the game, but to hear away games, you're stuck with the other team announcers.  Sometimes, just to hear at least neutral announcers, I turn on my slingbox to the game, plug the audio into the radio auxiliary, and hide the tablet so I don't watch it as I drive.  Gonna be a neck of an explanation if I'm in a wreck and it was on...  All because the nfl blocks allowing 1070 to  internet broadcast beyond the station's signal!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I work at the Post Office. I missed most of the game last Saturday. I’m glad you put the family first man. I’d still have to at least see the lines on espn or something lol

My toughest decision will be:

Do I break down and listen on the radio while driving or fight to be in the dark until I can watch the DVR game.   I'm leaning toward staying in the dark for an hour. 

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

Do I break down and listen on the radio while driving or fight to be in the dark until I can watch the DVR game.   I'm leaning toward staying in the dark for an hour. 

You have to at least look lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I would listen to the radio but def wish you luck and hope no one ruins it for you