Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tonight's officiating crew.....

MacDee1975

I find it interesting that Colts have 12 penalties vs 3 and then the refs decide to penalize TN 5 straight penalties to even out the numbers.  pretty sure the final numbers were a lot more even.

You're naive of you trully believe the refs don't pick and choose what penalties to call. Gets worse every year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

They were definitely eyeing Glowinski but boy the Titans really dug themselves their own grave at the end of the game, multiple times.  

They really need to have the refs look at what is holding and what is not. Taking a guy, driving him backwards, and putting him on his butt IS NOT holding. Q has gotten called numerous times as well for this and it's wiping out good plays/OL play.

• Like 2

The weird part is that most of the calls were procedure and holding calls.  The guys up front had a microscope on them, and the defense secondary seemed grabby all night long.  Am I wrong, or could the refs call holding against an OL on every play if they wanted too?  Any night, any team, holding is going on all the time.  I guess I'm glad they are letting DBs play, but you never know when they will decide to call something.

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I'm still waiting for the flag for late hit when the defender just pushed luck down when he was clearly out of bounds.  At least when Odom hit the guy he was still in bounds when he started his dive to make the tackle.

The defender pushed Luck’s shoulder with one hand while he was still inbounds and Luck slipped. Wasn’t even close to a late hit. Odom on the other hand dove out of bounds and made contact out of bounds. Obvious late hit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luck 4 president said:

The defender pushed Luck’s shoulder with one hand while he was still inbounds and Luck slipped. Wasn’t even close to a late hit. Odom on the other hand dove out of bounds and made contact out of bounds. Obvious late hit.

Actually when they showed the slo mo replay you could see that Odom started the dive while the other player was in bounds. The problem is his head was already down and couldn't see where the guy was when he finally made contact 

In terms of luck, I dont know. The angle was great and I can review it but to me the force of the shove seemed to come when they were clearly out of bounds.  If you have a clip I would happily watch it 

12 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Actually when they showed the slo mo replay you could see that Odom started the dive while the other player was in bounds. The problem is his head was already down and couldn't see where the guy was when he finally made contact 

I never said he didn’t start the dive when the other player was in bounds. That’s true, but the other player was clearly going out of bounds and the angle Odom took clearly showed he meant to hit him out of bounds. If he tried to hit him in bounds he wouldn’t have dove out of bounds. It seems like an obvious call to me.

Mike Pereria (Link) on the state of NFL officiating. He claimed the game today is over officiated. Couldnt agree more. 

Looking for meaningless infractions that have no impact on the play to influence the game. Not to mention most of the time they are throwing flags on questionable calls in first place. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

In terms of luck, I dont know. The angle was great and I can review it but to me the force of the shove seemed to come when they were clearly out of bounds.  If you have a clip I would happily watch it 

I don’t have a clip of it but I remember there was some plastic on the ground that caused Luck to slip. If the player pushed him that hard on the shoulder he would’ve fell forward, but he fell backwards because the slip was what caused him to fall.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I never said he didn’t start the dive when the other player was in bounds. That’s true, but the other player was clearly going out of bounds and the angle Odom took clearly showed he meant to hit him out of bounds. If he tried to hit him in bounds he wouldn’t have dove out of bounds. It seems like an obvious call to me.

I would say he took an angle to guide the ball carrier out of bounds.  It's hard to say he meant to hit him out of bounds considering a fraction of a second earlier and the runners foot would have still been in the air and it would have been a 'clean' hit.  The worst thing he did was lowering his eyes.

I'm probably a little quick to defend Odum because he was getting trashed pretty hard in the game thread for that play and the missed interception and I didn't think either were really that bad. 

21 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I don’t have a clip of it but I remember there was some plastic on the ground that caused Luck to slip. If the player pushed him that hard on the shoulder he would’ve fell forward, but he fell backwards because the slip was what caused him to fall.

That could be, but wouldn't that mean the defender was still making contact 4 or 5 yards out of bounds for the plastic to be at fault?  They didn't show a replay and the TV angle was poor and I have no DVR so I only had to one chance and a single angle to view it, but to me it looked like a little something extra was given by the defender well after the play was over.  If he did slip, at Luck didn't tear up his knee ala Reggie Bush.

What I was getting at but didn't say was they continue to emphasize protecting the QB and there are still questionable calls and non calls depending on what QB is playing. 

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The only real complaint I’ve had about frank is his teams still commit too many pentalies.  They showed the replay on all those calls against the Colts tonight and almost all of them were legit.  Hopefully this is just a product Of a young team and Frank will clean it up.

I agree the team commits a lot of penalties due to being a young team. But I have to say I have seen a lot worse when it comes to Holding. The RG for the colts was targeted by the refs tonight for some reason. now I believe some calls were questionable on both sides. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The only real complaint I’ve had about frank is his teams still commit too many pentalies.  They showed the replay on all those calls against the Colts tonight and almost all of them were legit.  Hopefully this is just a product Of a young team and Frank will clean it up.

I agree. . . 

It seems to be a past-time for everyone to complain about the officials.  But I didn't feel like any of the calls where egregious.  

When I saw it full speed I thought there should have been a late hit call on Luck running out of bounds but when I saw the replay it clearly showed that he put his hand on him just to make sure he wasn't gonna cut back inbounds.  Good no call

Face it we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties numerous times.  

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I agree. . . 

It seems to be a past-time for everyone to complain about the officials.  But I didn't feel like any of the calls where egregious.  

When I saw it full speed I thought there should have been a late hit call on Luck running out of bounds but when I saw the replay it clearly showed that he put his hand on him just to make sure he wasn't gonna cut back inbounds.  Good no call

Face it we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties numerous times.  

It’s not that calls are egregious (not just our game, but throughout the league).  It’s when they’re called.  There’s holding by the Oline on just about every play.  If they called them all the game would never end and we’d have 0-0 ties.  

There’s pass interference on just about every play, both O and D.

What’s irritating to me is when they make a call that had no effect on the play.  

Someone said that the NFL is a billion dollar business with five and dime referees.  The only league with mostly part time refs.  Ridiculous.  

30 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It’s not that calls are egregious (not just our game, but throughout the league).  It’s when they’re called.  There’s holding by the Oline on just about every play.  If they called them all the game would never end and we’d have 0-0 ties.  

There’s pass interference on just about every play, both O and D.

What’s irritating to me is when they make a call that had no effect on the play.  

Someone said that the NFL is a billion dollar business with five and dime referees.  The only league with mostly part time refs.  Ridiculous.  

People say that but it's not actually true.  There are several things that are called as a hold nearly all of the time.  Hanging on to defenders who are trying to pull away from you.  Pulling players down instead of pushing them down.  Holding them down once they are down. 

Same thing with PI.  

Having your arm around his shoulder.  Interfering with his arms or hands before the ball gets there.  Knocking a guy down when the ball is in the air would count too.  Pushing off.  Most contact when you are clearly not trying to make a play on the ball.  (Not looking towards the ball.)

These things arn't simply random calls that the refs decide to throw the flag because they want to change the outcome of the game.  

It's quite frankly impossible to make people happy with the officiating.  

11 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

There were a number of nonsense calls on us tonight like the tripping that was awful.

That trip call was about as bad as they come. I’d expect a tripping call to be very purposeful. Ours looked like he was just rolling over in the motion of the tackle he was involved in not a purposeful stick the leg way up and outward. Officials have become ten times worse it seems this season. If they were all consistent, it would be more tolerable to have the penalty called but it’s not from game to game, crew to crew or often, inside each game. Crazy. 

11 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

They were definitely eyeing Glowinski but boy the Titans really dug themselves their own grave at the end of the game, multiple times.  

Glow got nailed several times and it only occurred when #20 ran the ball (for 10+ yards every touch). I thought maybe they didn’t like our rb and just started picking on Glow. Lol