Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I should be angry right?

Rally5

I agree with everything that your have said. I have enjoyed ever game. A lot of posters have stated that we are worse than last year. This statement is not correct. Last year we were out of most of the games we played early. This year we have been in all of the games. We have to build a team that can beat KC and NE. We are headed in that direction. 

• Like 2

Look guys:

Week 7

Bills@Colts- That's a dub, especially if Nathan Peterman plays.

Texans@Jags- Whoever wins this loses next week

Titans vs Jags @London - Chargers get the easy dub.

Week 8:

Jags vs Eagles -Eagles win

Dolphins@Texans- Phins win

Colts@Raiders - Another easy dub

Week 9 Bye and we're only back 1 game!

There is still a road to the playoffs!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right now anybody has a chance against us as long as we keep gifting teams that are not better than us free points and field position. Hard to call any of these an automatic win.  I certainly thought the Jets game was an automatic win.   This team just can't play consistently good football.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Look guys:

Week 7

Week 8:

Thanks man! I feel better already.

This is a re-build season and I do not think fans have acknowledged that. 

When you look at the offense, you have some key pieces there:

- Luck

- Mack/Hines/Wilkins (rotational)

- Doyel and Ebron

- Hilton and Cain 

- Castonzo, Nelson, Kelly, and Smith 

You need at least one starting caliber RB that is considered a three-down back. I do not think that Mack, Hines, and Wilkins are starting caliber, but they are good rotational pieces. 

Our wide receivers are not good. Hilton is our only reliable receiver. Rogers, Grant, Pascal, and Marcus are probably all gone next year, as Colts truly need an overhaul at the position. They are just not cutting it. 

Really like Doyel and Ebron and I expect them to stay as Colts for a few years.

I like how our current offensive line is structured, although we should be running the ball a lot better than we should. It improved last game against the Jets, but that was probably because they were expecting Luck to throw it 60 or more times in the game.

Not going to write as much about the defense, but they need to add better corners in the secondary, although I do believe that Kenny Moore is not 100% healthy in defense to his awful performance yesterday. Hope that Turay and Lewis develop as pass rushers and that Margus Hunt remains consistent in his surprising play. The linebackers core has some players with Leonard and Walker, but they need at least one more starting-caliber player there. Najee Goode and Zaire Franklin are not cutting it.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

It's an interesting feeling, we're one for season so far and I'm not overly upset.  Odd!  In fact, I really like the way this team is being coached and I understand our game plan and play calling on both sides.  We just need to execute.  It appears to me we have a bunch of young guys who at times are simply trying too hard, which isn't good when it leads to execution errors which is exactly what we're seeing in my opinion.  I think Andrew was exactly right when he said: "before we learn how to win we need to learn how not to lose."  He's a smart guy and where yesterday I was ready to kill our WR's, I really liked what he said in the presser, dude is an amazing leader.  Anyway, this team could go on a run, we've been in a position to win every game but NE.  Don't be surprised if we win 5 or 6 in a row once we get healthy and settle down a little.  If we don't, I like our young talent and our trajectory.  Let's not start talking about the draft, we'll have all offseason for that crap, let's focus on right now, we have the Bills at home this week, yet another winnable game!  PS. Good job Oline/Dline and Mack is as good as I told you guys, just need to feed em! :)

Even against the pats they were in position until more errors allowed them to pull away again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

- Luck

- Doyel and Ebron

- Hilton and Cain 

You need at least one starting caliber RB that is considered a three-down back. I do not think that Mack, Hines, and Wilkins are starting caliber, but they are good rotational pieces. 

Our wide receivers are not good. Hilton is our only reliable receiver. Rogers, Grant, Pascal, and Marcus are probably all gone next year, as Colts truly need an overhaul at the position. They are just not cutting it. 

I like how our current offensive line is structured, although we should be running the ball a lot better than we should. It improved last game against the Jets, but that was probably because they were expecting Luck to throw it 60 or more times in the game.

Not going to write as much about the defense, but they need to add better corners in the secondary, although I do believe that Kenny Moore is not 100% healthy in defense to his awful performance yesterday. Hope that Turay and Lewis develop as pass rushers and that Margus Hunt remains consistent in his surprising play. The linebackers core has some players with Leonard and Walker, but they need at least one more starting-caliber player there. Najee Goode and Zaire Franklin are not cutting it.

There are very few 'complete' teams.  On offense we're only a WR away, there's plenty of talent with a healthy Hilton and Doyle.  We're already posting 30+ per game.  On D, we need to develop the pass rush and we do need a corner and LB help, I agree.  There's not a doubt in my mind this team can win now, will they?  Don't know.  This team is competing now even in a re-build, I hope we continue to develop and gain some confidence, they can win.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Look guys:

Week 7

Week 8:

That's very optimistic.  I envy you.

Me?   At 1-5, I'm willing to throw in the towel.   I'll still be hoping, but I don't think we win the next 2 games.  They are pretty much a toss up.  Although the Colts will be favored in each of those game.   That would only get us to 3-5.  I would love it if we were challenging when the Cowboys come to town.   I have tickets for that one. 

We really needed the Jets victory. 

I went into this season not thinking so much of the number of wins but more seeing how the kids grow in the new scheme.

I see a lot of potential in Leonard, Turray, Mack Nelson, etc.  They just need time to adjust to the NFL caliber opponents.

What frustrates me is the lack of attention by all of the receivers to tuck the ball before they run.  Also, stupid penalties by the D extending drives.  We clean these things u and we will be much better off.

Coaches and Andrew, need to hold these guys accoutable.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MTC said:

- Luck

- Doyel and Ebron

- Hilton and Cain 

You are spot on with your assessment, Really, I concur  

Just now, horseshoecrabs said:

yea it was too bad about the injury, I think he could have helped a lot in our passing game. 

I don’t know without injury how he would be performing! However, lots of players get hyped in camp and don’t pan out. Hopefully, Cain becomes a player, but to say he’s a key future piece is way premature.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I don’t know without injury how he would be performing! However, lots of players get hyped in camp and don’t pan out. Hopefully, Cain becomes a player, but to say he’s a key future piece is way premature.

I live in South Carolina so I  have seen a lot of his games at Clemson, He has had a turbulent carrier their, but he has shown a lot of talent too.  And at that level he has had to play that speaks volumes. 

23 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Yeah, a lot folk thought Michigan’s all time leading rusher was going to tear it up with the Colts.

Ok as a Michigan fan I have to stand up for Hart (not saying you were knocking him).  Hart showed he could tear it up in the league.  Injuries derailed him.  He did not have great speed but was one of the most elusive backs and had great vision.  But for a RB that was already on the cusp of being too slow for the NFL, his knee an ankle injuries slowed him too much to stay in the NFL.

"A rebuild season"

Yep, this team has had so many deficiencies for so long it couldn't be fixed overnight so it is definitely a rebuild.  There are so many areas we need to improve, I doubt we can be contenders next season either.

That's OK.  It would be really refreshing if someone in an official capacity (looking at you Mr. Irsay) would have the guts to come out and admit it.  Instead we get lots of optimism and confidence in the offseason and pre-season, and then it hits the fans like a ton of bricks a few games into the season.  I guess if they admitted that we are a ways off from being good it wouldn't help ticket sales.  IDK.

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

It's an interesting feeling, we're one for season so far and I'm not overly upset.  Odd!  In fact, I really like the way this team is being coached and I understand our game plan and play calling on both sides.  We just need to execute.  It appears to me we have a bunch of young guys who at times are simply trying too hard, which isn't good when it leads to execution errors which is exactly what we're seeing in my opinion.  I think Andrew was exactly right when he said: "before we learn how to win we need to learn how not to lose."  He's a smart guy and where yesterday I was ready to kill our WR's, I really liked what he said in the presser, dude is an amazing leader.  Anyway, this team could go on a run, we've been in a position to win every game but NE.  Don't be surprised if we win 5 or 6 in a row once we get healthy and settle down a little.  If we don't, I like our young talent and our trajectory.  Let's not start talking about the draft, we'll have all offseason for that crap, let's focus on right now, we have the Bills at home this week, yet another winnable game!  PS. Good job Oline/Dline and Mack is as good as I told you guys, just need to feed em! :)

Thanks Chris.

52 minutes ago, MTC said:

- Luck

- Doyel and Ebron

- Hilton and Cain 

Good post. I hope you don't mind but I'd like to add my take on it.

RE: The RB position. We both agree that we have rotational pieces there, but need a bell cow back. This means that we've spent at minimum 3 draft picks for just rotational guys. The type of guys we could have easily picked up in FA. This doesn't help the rebuild. Here we are now, after having drafted Mack, Wilkins, and Hines, and we still need to fully address the RB position (not to mention V. Ballard, Josh Ferguson, Josh Robinson, etc. from previous drafts - though not Ballard's fault, as a fan it's frustrating).

RE: WR position: This has been an issue for quite some time. Grigson never addressed this position correctly. He couldn't find someone opposite T.Y. and now under Ballard, the WR group is arguably the worst it's been in some time. This also doesn't help the rebuild because we bring in guys like Grant, Pascal, M. Johnson, who we both think will not be here next year, or will be buried in the depth chart (Rogers). This leaves holes to fill next year, when it should have sufficiently been addressed this year.

At some point we will have to be more aggressive in FA. To get more talent other than through the draft. I know we are rebuilding, but we need some key veterans to also set the culture for our team. If we just depend on the draft and nothing else, it will be a very, very slow process, and a hit and a miss on developing.

• Thanks 1

I get mad at people who steal, users who use others, and cruel actions. 

I never get mad at sports. I do get frustrated, but I try to limit that. 

But to the OP, I would much rather see my team lose games...but are building things the right way, than I would have them get wins in the short term by overpaying FA's and smoke and mirrors. Health is the NUMBER 1 reason we are struggling right now, and mental lapses is #2. The #3 reason is easy....depth. That will get fixed in the future. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I get mad at people who steal, users who use others, and cruel actions. 

I never get mad at sports. I do get frustrated, but I try to limit that. 

But to the OP, I would much rather see my team lose games...but are building things the right way, than I would have them get wins in the short term by overpaying FA's and smoke and mirrors. Health is the NUMBER 1 reason we are struggling right now, and mental lapses is #2. The #3 reason is easy....depth. That will get fixed in the future. 

I'm sure the rebuilding Rams would disagree with you.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Giving the opposing offense 7-14 points to start off (and or 3-4 turnovers) isn't really a recipe for winning. 

When they stop shooting themselves in the foot, the wins will come

So the other team had nothing to do with these takeaways?  

I'm not mad. I just don't see the positives that a lot of other posters seem to see.

Yes, we're rebuilding (although every team is in a constant state of renovating themselves to some degree) but some posters are taking the successful outcome of this rebuild as being automatic. Yes, if we have 2 more excellent drafts and nail free agency we'll be back as contenders but doesn't that also apply to 90% of the league.

It's not easy and we miss key players in key positions to kick off the rebuild. Apart from quarterback and LT we're missing players in all the positions that are usually the most difficult to find.

• Thanks 1