Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9-7 this year bet your savings on it

ColtsXNation6

The fact We are Such a young team and coaching staff is scary good. Besides a mistake here or there I haven’t seen this team so well prepared in years, Andrew back and is looking great, and the defense is hungry and aggressive. I love the new look colts it’s gonna be funny how people tunes change when we start winning we got a lot of improvements to make but luckily we got 15 games left . I whole heartedly believe in 9-7 this year and Super Bowl next year, 110 plus million in cap space , 2 second rounders  I can’t wait

• Like 2

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

OK, I'll bite. Where are those 9 wins coming from? Because the next 4 games don't look promising as wins.

Why not?  The Skins looked good against a bad team.  NE looks good.  Philly and Houston look very beatable.

It's too early to tell but if yesterday is any indication, I'd say 9 wins is definitely doable.

• Like 1

Just now, Smonroe said:

Why not?  The Skins looked good against a bad team.  NE looks good.  Philly and Houston look very beatable.

It's too early to tell but if yesterday is any indication, I'd say 9 wins is definitely doable.

Colts haven’t beaten :flyingelvis:since the drafting of Andrew Luck. Until that changes, I will always circle that game as an L no matter how bad their WR group is or whatever other narrative the media makes to uplift Tom Brady’s legacy when they win games 

Skins defense looks great, Alex Smith looks comfortable in that offense. 

Houston is a toss up cause Watson looks shook. 

Philly I’m circling as an L too. Whether Carson or Foles play, feel like that defense will win them the game. That defensive line is filthy 

Now, clearly I’m very much hoping I’m wrong and the Colts win at least 3 of the next 4 but it’s just too many question marks for me. 

But I’ll still be in front of the tv with my Apple juice cheering them on win or lose 

• Like 2

Have to get that first W to get that 0-2 monkey off our backs. Then, we can talk. 

The reason I am hesitant with going on the bandwagon for 9 wins is, will this young unit learn to win quickly enough? When we had vets like Cory Redding, Bethea, Mathis etc. on D in 2012, we won so many close games (23-20 vs Vikings, 17-13 vs Browns, 19-13 vs Titans, 23-20 vs Dolphins, 20-13 vs Bills and Chiefs, 27-23 vs Titans all games where the D did not give up much). 

I am just not certain this unit will learn to win that fast in close games. Most teams that miss the playoffs in the NFL, their record is defined by a few games that were lost in a close fashion and were defined by a few plays that they did not make, that is how it is in the NFL. I do think there is merit to having a few vets on the team to win close games. At this point, I am not sure what is an acceptable expectation, the "almost wins" and "moral competitive losses" or just purely "wins". 

Luck being 100% healthy for all 16 games gives us a fighting chance in every game, and by virtue of that, 9 games is a possibility. Whether that possibility turns into reality, it purely depends on our ability to close out games on O or D, IMO. Until I see that, I will question the reality, but not the possibility.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that.

The main reason I was never confident in penciling in 8 wins or better was because of how tough these first 5 games are. Cincy wasn't to be overlooked just like Washington isn't, nor the Texans even at home. And then we have Philly and New England on the road. Our schedule lightens up after that against the Jets and Bills, but this is a young team and we really don't know how they'll respond to getting in a hole early, if they do. Any given Sunday and all that, but I'm thinking we go into week 6 at 2-3 at best, 0-5 at worst.

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Have to get that first W to get that 0-2 monkey off our backs. Then, we can talk. 

The reason I am hesitant with going on the bandwagon for 9 wins is, will this young unit learn to win quickly enough? When we had vets like Cory Redding, Bethea, Mathis etc. on D in 2012, we won so many close games (23-20 vs Vikings, 17-13 vs Browns, 19-13 vs Titans, 23-20 vs Dolphins, 20-13 vs Bills and Chiefs, 27-23 vs Titans all games where the D did not give up much). 

I am just not certain this unit will learn to win that fast in close games. Most teams that miss the playoffs in the NFL, their record is defined by a few games that were lost in a close fashion and were defined by a few plays that they did not make, that is how it is in the NFL. I do think there is merit to having a few vets on the team to win close games. At this point, I am not sure what is an acceptable expectation, the "almost wins" and "moral competitive losses" or just purely "wins". 

Luck being 100% healthy for all 16 games gives us a fighting chance in every game, and by virtue of that, 9 games is a possibility. Whether that possibility turns into reality, it purely depends on our ability to close out games on O or D, IMO. Until I see that, I will question the reality, but not the possibility.

I picked us to go 9-7 but I can't lie, yesterdays loss was a bad one. I had that as a win. If we start 0-2 then going 9-7 will probably be a long shot at that point realistically looking at our schedule.

Since I'm betting my savings, what games are the Colts safe bets to win? Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that this thing is turning around, but W's aren't going to be coming easy. The Bills? The Raiders.. maybe. If this team wins 9 games, it's because Andrew is only slightly less awesome than Aaron Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Since I'm betting my savings, what games are the Colts safe bets to win? Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that this thing is turning around, but W's aren't going to be coming easy. The Bills? The Raiders.. maybe. If this team wins 9 games, it's because Andrew is only slightly less awesome than Aaron Rodgers. 

What is strange is, we will win a couple of games that nobody thinks we will and lose games we should win like yesterday. Tough to predict right now after yesterday. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Fish said:

Think Luck will have to be MORE Awesome the Rodgers to hit 9 wins.... 7 wins will be a struggle.  This team is very young and a long way to go and CB isn't likely to give them any help.  Still can't stop the run and he cut the best run stopper we had here in years, and CB signed him to do just that the year before....

• Like 3

Not betting on anything. All I'm going to do is enjoy the ride and hopefully get a healthy Luck all season. 

If #12 stays healthy and we see growth from the young talents, even 6 wins will be acceptable for me. As long as NEXT season we see more talents come in from the draft AND Ballard spends that money that's stashed.

Basically, enjoy the ride, this could be a 5 win season or a 10 win season. Enjoy it all.

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

OK, I'll bite. Where are those 9 wins coming from? Because the next 4 games don't look promising as wins.

If we're basing this all on yesterday's slate of games, & what I saw in the Colts game, I feel like we could sweep Houston & Tennessee, & at minimum win our home game vs the Jags. That's 5 right there. We're going to destroy the Bills, & quite possibly the Jets, so that's 7. Raiders, Giants, & Cowboys games all seem very winnable to me as well.

If this 4th quarter defense (worst I have ever seen ) keeps playing like this we will have the first pick in the next draft. And no we can not fire a head coach year in year out. Can not start an era where we have 5 head coaches in the next 5 years.

I told myself before the season started to just be happy with growth but i really wanted that win yesterday.  Give it time.   I think the latter part of the season is when they will start to show what they are capable of.   Although if somehow someway everything goes right and they pull out a win in week 5 i will be over the moon.  

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

and we lost to a team who has not beat Indy in Indy since 1997. and to be honest, I believe AZ has a better defense than what cinci has. Not to mention the skins have a better defense than Cinci.

Philly played an ATL team that also took philly down to the wire in the playoffs last year. Philly has a heck of a lot better team than Cinci.  Not to mention the next two games for indy are on the road. 

Houston is prob the only winnable game in the next three weeks. and I am saying that because I honestly believe Watson is overrated.  I think the colts defense does enough to win this game. 

I honestly expect the colts to go 1-3 in the first 4 games. 2-2 at best. BUT I 100% guarantee you we do not beat philly in philly 

Here's what we'll need to do to go 9-7:

vs Cincy L

We know how that went down.

@Washington W

We need this one to go 9-7 and have a shot at the postseason. We lose, pull out those 2019 mocks.

@Philadelphia L

For obvious reasons

vs Houston W

Houston looked shaky vs NE but I think they'll be alright but Colts win this one due to HFA.

@ New England L

Next

@ New York (Jets) W

Sam Darnold could be looking better by this point, but we have a #8 offense with a rusty Luck, what will it be by this point when he's not rusty?

vs Buffalo W

Next

@ Oakland W

No Khalil Mack, W, with Khalil Mack I had this as a loss. The trade proves to be good for us.

BYE WEEK

vs Jacksonville L

Next

vs Tennessee W

Next

vs Miami W

Next

Jacksonville L

Next

@ Houston L

Houston is good enough to beat us on our home turf. A split w/ Houston

vs Dallas W

Zeke will run all over us, but we have Luck.

vs New York (Giants) L

Saquon+Odell, our defense won't be up for that challenge.

vs Tennessee W

Next

This is what we NEED to to to get to 9-7, not impossible, but it'll be tough...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

and we lost to a team who has not beat Indy in Indy since 1997. and to be honest, I believe AZ has a better defense than what cinci has. Not to mention the skins have a better defense than Cinci.

Philly played an ATL team that also took philly down to the wire in the playoffs last year. Philly has a heck of a lot better team than Cinci.  Not to mention the next two games for indy are on the road. 

Houston is prob the only winnable game in the next three weeks. and I am saying that because I honestly believe Watson is overrated.  I think the colts defense does enough to win this game. 

I honestly expect the colts to go 1-3 in the first 4 games. 2-2 at best. BUT I 100% guarantee you we do not beat philly in philly 

All we have are opinions right now.  There was no way the Bucs were going to beat NO.  The Browns couldn’t hang with the Steelers, etc.  All opinions.  But it’s a fact that your first sentence is completely irrelevant.   

Until it doesnt happen, it can happen.  BTW, what’s your guarantee cover?

We may go 0-4, and I won’t be too upset as long as we show improvement.  We all know this team is a work in progress.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Colts haven’t beaten :flyingelvis:since the drafting of Andrew Luck. Until that changes, I will always circle that game as an L no matter how bad their WR group is or whatever other narrative the media makes to uplift Tom Brady’s legacy when they win games 

Skins defense looks great, Alex Smith looks comfortable in that offense. 

Houston is a toss up cause Watson looks shook. 

Philly I’m circling as an L too. Whether Carson or Foles play, feel like that defense will win them the game. That defensive line is filthy 

Now, clearly I’m very much hoping I’m wrong and the Colts win at least 3 of the next 4 but it’s just too many question marks for me. 

But I’ll still be in front of the tv with my Apple juice cheering them on win or lose 

Of course Smith was comfortable their running game worked for them once that get shut down Smith will go back to captain check down plus the redskin defense didn't have to do much arizona o-line is trash and their best wr is like 15 seasons in the game

We can beat houston since their secondary is trash and watson is not who everyone think he is plus it's a home game they only won there like 2 times out of 28 lol

Philly will be the big test....in philly against that tough defense but hopefully we will have the right gameplan to stop them since frank is familiar with their offense and defense

In an odd way, if they just went back to gunning it and playing crazy games, they would probably have a better chance at 9 wins, but that's not going to happen.  They have a plan and are trying to build something.  I doubt, however, that plan will bring 9 wins in 2018.

1 hour ago, DraftMaster said:

Here's what we'll need to do to go 9-7:

vs Cincy L

We know how that went down.

@Washington W

We need this one to go 9-7 and have a shot at the postseason. We lose, pull out those 2019 mocks.

@Philadelphia L

For obvious reasons

vs Houston W

Houston looked shaky vs NE but I think they'll be alright but Colts win this one due to HFA.

@ New England L

Next

@ New York (Jets) W

Sam Darnold could be looking better by this point, but we have a #8 offense with a rusty Luck, what will it be by this point when he's not rusty?

vs Buffalo W

Next

@ Oakland W

No Khalil Mack, W, with Khalil Mack I had this as a loss. The trade proves to be good for us.

BYE WEEK

vs Jacksonville L

Next

vs Tennessee W

Next

vs Miami W

Next

Jacksonville L

Next

@ Houston L

Houston is good enough to beat us on our home turf. A split w/ Houston

vs Dallas W

Zeke will run all over us, but we have Luck.

vs New York (Giants) L

Saquon+Odell, our defense won't be up for that challenge.

vs Tennessee W

Next

This is what we NEED to to to get to 9-7, not impossible, but it'll be tough...

Nicely done, Washington is a must win already! Teams that go 0-2 rarely make the Playoffs as well.

• Like 1

Everyone writing the jets off but they looking real good right now . I’m convinced that y’all just love names 

be rams got their new coaches they were a dumpster fire . How do y’all call yourselves fans when all you do is bash and put down our team .. even fans at our stadium smh we have the quietest fans in the nfl they don’t even be engaged. But soon as we turn it around like I know we can watch how many people start acting like they been down and loyal hell the Browns stadium is louder than our week in and week out it’s just a shame

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ColtsXNation6 said:

Everyone writing the jets off but they looking real good right now . I’m convinced that y’all just love names 

be rams got their new coaches they were a dumpster fire . How do y’all call yourselves fans when all you do is bash and put down our team .. even fans at our stadium smh we have the quietest fans in the nfl they don’t even be engaged. But soon as we turn it around like I know we can watch how many people start acting like they been down and loyal hell the Browns stadium is louder than our week in and week out it’s just a shame

Yeah I am taking the Jets waaaaay more seriously now. But are the Lions just bad? Time will tell...

6 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If we're basing this all on yesterday's slate of games, & what I saw in the Colts game, I feel like we could sweep Houston & Tennessee, & at minimum win our home game vs the Jags. That's 5 right there. We're going to destroy the Bills, & quite possibly the Jets, so that's 7. Raiders, Giants, & Cowboys games all seem very winnable to me as well.

Jets not looking so easy tonight. 

I still don't think we will beat Philly, but the game takes me down memory lane years ago when a young Colts team went to Philly with nothing but James Mungro at RB and young players everywhere and whipped Donavan Mcnabb, Andy Reid and the great Jim Johnson. I remember how all that week Mike Francesca talked about how much the Eagles would blitz us into kingdom come and how McNabb would torch us. That game is one of my fondest memories as a Coltfan. The young D played really well that weekend.

• Like 1

I'm all in on the excitement for this teams' future, I just never saw '18 as the year and I don't see 9-7.  I thought 6 wins would be a heckuva year and an improvement going into next year, and as you say the HUGE cap space available in '19.  Imagine some more high draft picks to help the OT and DE positions, then hit WR and CB and add a few good vets in the mix and now you've got something!