Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Bush says it's time to hit the PANIC BUTTON (merge)

LJpalmbeacher2

Just now, Aluckiswolverine said:

Why is no one talking about the weighted balls he was throwing? I read an article which said they were heavier than a football. 

I’m no expert but if he is throwing balls heavier than a football in not to worried about it. 

I've mentioned it about 4 thousand times.  They(the media) want a video of luck throwing. That's not going to happen.

37 minutes ago, csmopar said:

plausible it was a hedge IN CASE Luck is done. 

Part of me wonders how he was allowed to play hurt?! 

A mix of Luck wanting to play and Grigson/Pagano trying to save their jobs, I think.

People defended the Colts in the past, saying "they couldn't force Luck to have the surgery" but they always could've shut him down. And they should have. It always seemed obvious that his shoulder was much worse off than they let on; couldn't throw in practice, his throwing motion looked different, and his velocity seemed inconsistent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i have done that, and its not particularly encouraging tbh 

i dont see myself as negative either, just honest

heres my take.  luck will come back and play again.  im worried he may have to get pulled from games after taking big hits now, and a really big hit causing him to land on the shoulder could be a career ender.  

Exactly. I think he will come back at some point. But can his shoulder hold up when it gets hit? No OL can be built to protect him from ever being hit. It's going to happen. And like you say what happens on a Really Big Hit? 

Amd I expect some defensive players will target his right shoulder, seeing if it can hold up. A 15yard penalty won't deter them.

37 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Yea lets pay attention to what luck, Ballard, and Irsay's comments because they've been so upfront with us the past year. The media had a better clue of what was going on with luck than irsay last year 

No..  the media did not have a better idea of what was going on...   not even a little.   If they were right it's not because they knew anything.

You figure things out by what is said AND what is not said.

You figure things out by if the actions match the words.   They didn't last year.

I'm sorry to toot my own horn, but I was not surprised by much of what happened last year.   I offered periodic warnings that what was being SAID didn't match what was being DONE.   Most people here didn't want to hear it.   I was being negative and Luck-Ballard-Irsay were mostly being positive.   People believed what they wanted to believe. 

As someone who was in the media for 30 years I've learned to tune out the White Noise.   It's not helpful.   

If Reggie Bush is right it's not because he knows anything.   He doesn't.   He's just a guy with an opinion.   His means nothing.   His opinion is White Noise.   Ignore it.

Life will be better....

17 minutes ago, egg said:

I think it's Bert Jones all over again...Luck will never be the same...just my opinion...He'll play again sometime, and he'll get hit hard and get up with that Bert Jones wince on his face with his right arm hanging limp at his side. We will all know then, it's over.

I take faith in the advancement of medical procedures since the days of Bert Jones...

To wit... there are injuries that now take from 9-12 months average recovery now for NFL players that used to be career ending in prior times.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

plausible it was a hedge IN CASE Luck is done. 

Part of me wonders how he was allowed to play hurt?! 

If I remember right, it was reported as a subluxation, then rebuffed by Colts immediately.  Pagano referred to is as 'a sore shoulder', and he and the fans here estimated 2 weeks recovery. I warned folks back then it might be too optimistic. That a partial separation could be problematic.  There were already rumors of possible Labrum issues.  But Andrew starts 3 weeks later vs. Pats.  Luck plays a few more games, mostly poorly (for him), then gets speared in the kidney and was out for season (which I mentioned was a 6-8 deal, which puts it at the end of the year, but folks thought he'd heal fast and be back.  So Luck decides not to have off season surgery on the shoulder once he recovered from tr Kidney laceration.  He went for Physical Therapy. That's why he played the next season with a shoulder separation.  But P.T. worked until his first 'real hit' which didn't take long.  Then it was a step forward, two steps back all year trying to keep Luck in the lineup.  After a grueling year, even Luck admitted it was time to go under the knife.  That is when the 'new problems' began.

Jim Miller had separated shoulder issue too.  It took multiple surgeries to get him (Jim Miller) right (everyone is different though). Too bad he blew out his hip just after when his arm was fine once more.  Miller's career was done. I do not expect Luck to have hip issues, or even know if more surgery is needed, but an exploratory in Dec/Jan this year would have been helpful, I feel.  Luck seems like a slow healer, and likely his impatient personality helped drive him into 'shortcutting' the rehab process to get back on the field (I'm sure he felt pressure from fans, media, and organization alike to do so) thus a catastrophic setback.

I wouldn't mid if Ballard gets a Mike White, Kyle Lauletta, or Luke Falk QB with our round 3 pick if they are there, or round 4 if we pass (all possibly gone by then though) for competition for Brissett; in case Luck takes longer than anticipated to return. To me, better to have one to many, than one too short.  If Luck doesn't begin the season, and JB starts for us, we also have his backup too. To not plan this way is pure denial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I wouldn't mid if Ballard gets a Mike White, Kyle Lauletta, or Luke Falk QB with our round 3 pick if they are there, or round 4 if we pass (all possibly gone by then though) for competition for Brissett; in case Luck takes longer than anticipated to return. To me, better to have one to many, than one too short.  If Luck doesn't begin the season, and JB starts for us, we also have his backup too. To not plan this way is pure denial.

Working out Mike White, along with the fact that we're checking out so many late round options, leads me to think Ballard is interested in trading back again to accumulate more mid-late round picks. Doesn't have to be from #6, maybe he trades one of our 2nd's.

But I agree, I'm not against taking a mid round QB, especially if Ballard is looking into it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No..  the media did not have a better idea of what was going on...   not even a little.   If they were right it's not because they knew anything.

You figure things out by if the actions match the words.   They didn't last year.

I'm sorry to toot my own horn, but I was not surprised by much of what happened last year.   I offered periodic warnings that what was being SAID didn't match what was being DONE.   Most people here didn't want to hear it.   I was being negative and Luck-Ballard-Irsay were mostly being positive.   People believed what they wanted to believe. 

As someone who was in the media for 30 years I've learned to tune out the White Noise.   It's not helpful.   

If Reggie Bush is right it's not because he knows anything.   He doesn't.   He's just a guy with an opinion.   His means nothing.   His opinion is White Noise.   Ignore it.

Life will be better....

100% agree that Bush's opinion means absolutely nothing. I just don't get all the positive vibes some of you share with the luck situation. In the football scheme of things I could care less. Colts will be fine with or without andrew. Hope he can just continue life in a healthy fashion. If you look at all the facts and evidence over the past year, stuff just doesn't add up. I agree with you on that Luck will play again in a colts uniform. But thinking he's going to be ready by week 1 this year is far fetched. Someone that hasn't thrown a football in over 18 months (by the time camp opens), isn't going to be ready to play in five weeks. I'm almost positive he starts on the IR for the first half of the season. Yes he does look better physically than he did last year. But I think part of that is him not stressing on not having to press things or meet a timeframe. In lucks mind he's at peace with whatever happens. There's nothing we colts fan can do about the situation besides just be patient. I'm sure many fans share my same feelings, as just wanting all this to be over with so we can fully move on.

• Like 1

This is my best guess.......Just because someone writes an article, or makes a press statement, does not mean you will get to see it. A decision is made as to whether or not a piece will get published. That decision is a screening that predicts viewership success through numbers. Clicking on the article has a certain value, but linking to the article has even more value. 

All you have to do is picture Mr. Bush writing an article that said everything is fine. Would it get the same response?

I have no expectations of seeing Luck starting this September or really ever again.  I hope I am wrong and he’s eventually better then ever and this team can be headed back to the SB in the next couple of years.  

Many here see this situation with “hometown, everything will be ok glasses”...if he weren’t “our” QB....we would have written him off by now as he’s still not throwing real footballs 15 months out from his last game and is optimistic that he’ll have no restrictions in July when camp starts.  That hardly gives me a great since of optimism in his prognosis for then 2018 season. 

If he’s not back and healthy this fall, they’ll likely be drafting a QB with their top 3 pick next season.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate to say it, but I’ve yet to see any evidence that supports optimism on Luck.

Hopefully, we’ll start seeing that evidence soon.  If he makes back on the field, how good will he be?  We just don’t know.

I don’t think Jacoby is our long-term solution, either.

But I have a lot of faith in Chris Ballard.  So I trust his decisions.

9 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

100% agree that Bush's opinion means absolutely nothing. I just don't get all the positive vibes some of you share with the luck situation. In the football scheme of things I could care less. Colts will be fine with or without andrew. Hope he can just continue life in a healthy fashion. If you look at all the facts and evidence over the past year, stuff just doesn't add up. I agree with you on that Luck will play again in a colts uniform. But thinking he's going to be ready by week 1 this year is far fetched. Someone that hasn't thrown a football in over 18 months (by the time camp opens), isn't going to be ready to play in five weeks. I'm almost positive he starts on the IR for the first half of the season. Yes he does look better physically than he did last year. But I think part of that is him not stressing on not having to press things or meet a timeframe. In lucks mind he's at peace with whatever happens. There's nothing we colts fan can do about the situation besides just be patient. I'm sure many fans share my same feelings, as just wanting all this to be over with so we can fully move on.

Thanks...   appreciate your response.

To be clear....   I'm not offering any positive vibes.    I've tried to be very cautious.   I'll be positive when good things are happening and they're confirmed.    Not before.

I've tried to tamp down expectations here on the website.   I've tried to encourage people to be cautious and even a little skeptical.   I'll try not to react too much about anything until late July when Luck shows up.   How much practice is he involved in then?   How much time off?   Is he still rehabbing or is he practicing without restrictions?   These are just some of the things to look for....

Long term:   I'm modestly hopeful.

Short term:   I'm somewhat skeptical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boo2202 said:

At some point the rose colored glasses have to come off and put the facts together. Luck hasn't thrown a football in 16 months, hasn't played  or practiced in over 1 1/2 years by the time training camp starts. So your telling me luck is going to waltz into training camp, pick up a football and be ready to play 6 weeks later. Not going to happen folks. My prediction is he starts the season on IR and maybe returns by week 8. I hope Luck proves a lot of people wrong, including myself. Either way the sun will still shine bright tomorrow and I'll continue to scream for my colts. Will just be glad when all of this is over.

My hope is just by looking at Luck, he is in alot better shape than he was last yr at this time, more active with his shoulder motion. And has grown an enormous amount of patience( which is what lead to most his injuries IMO) plus worse case if he cant play rite off, Brissett will have a full offseason to learn and play with the team hopefully behind a much improved O line. 

I know I'm one of those fans who believe we can win any game, but I have yet to see a reason to panic.

Hell even when we had Harbough slide at the 5 yd line and we lost by 5 points I didn't panic haha

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Life will be better....

Just being Beelzebub's Backer here.......is your opinion also 'white noise'? And should we also ignore what you opine? To be fair, I agree with your latter stance re short term scepticism and long term hope.....well phrased.....

Evan SilvaVerified account @evansilva
Dr. Chao has been a much more reliable source of info on Andrew Luck's health than all #Colts team propaganda for well over a year. Update from the doc here on Luck: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-andrew-luck-throwing-shoulder-0409-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true 

20 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Just being Beelzebub's Backer here.......is your opinion also 'white noise'? And should we also ignore what you opine? To be fair, I agree with your latter stance re short term scepticism and long term hope.....well phrased.....

Fair question.

Whether or not anyone pays attention to what I have to say?

It's up to you.

It's up to each individual.

I've been here offering my thoughts and views for nearly six years.   If anyone thinks I'm nothing more than White Noise then they should ignore me.

But if anyone thinks I have earned some credibility and trust, then perhaps they should pay some attention.   And, for the record, that's the same view I have for all posters here.   This just doesn't apply to me.

5 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I don't think you can highly respect the opinion of someone who dated a Kardashian.

But seriously, when surgery was announced there was grave cause for concern. At this point though either he'll be back or he won't and there's no reason to wallow in it. At the end of the day, be grateful it's not your shoulder and it's not your life.

I'd take 140 mil and bad shoulder.....

They've got a point. BUT, we've pressed the panic button numerous times in recent years.  It's really not a good option and this time, we can and should do better.

Best option is that Ballard puts the right players in place and Reich gets the team to it's best.  When Andrew comes back, it shouldn't be before the team is ready for him.

We've had enough years of everything hinging on a quarterback.  Time to change that up. I'm hoping to see something new and interesting this year.

I also hope to see Andrew at his best again.  That takes whatever time it takes. In the mean time, maybe it's best that these guys learn to play without him. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I take faith in the advancement of medical procedures since the days of Bert Jones...

Sure, and we all hope Luck will be as good as new.

But it wasn't that long ago that guys like  Marlin Jackson, Bob Sanders, Kelvin Haden, Joe Addai all sustained injuries in their mid-twenties, had surgery, were never the same player, and were out of the league before age 30. Even Harrison and Wayne, though they were well into their 30's, had their careers ended by injuries (I know, technically they played out their contracts).

Luck needs his shoulder to be 100% just like these guys needed their knees/legs to be 100%.

If Luck comes back great...if not we are rebuilding anyways and get another great draft pick. Colts are a ways off from competing for a SB anyways. In the long run it will matter little. Selfishly I want to see him play...but at this point I think it will be a long shot for him to start the season.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

They've got a point. BUT, we've pressed the panic button numerous times in recent years.  It's really not a good option and this time, we can and should do better.

Best option is that Ballard puts the right players in place and Reich gets the team to it's best.  When Andrew comes back, it shouldn't be before the team is ready for him.

We've had enough years of everything hinging on a quarterback.  Time to change that up. I'm hoping to see something new and interesting this year.

I also hope to see Andrew at his best again.  That takes whatever time it takes. In the mean time, maybe it's best that these guys learn to play without him. 

Reich won with a back up Foles....he can help mold an offense for Brissett to keep us competitive. Heck we were competitive last year with a ton of games coming down to the 4th quarter. We will win our share this year.

• Like 1

Reggie bush and that cartoon character looking dude from GMFB. Sorry to say but They are right. He Hasn’t thrown yet. He’s obviously still feeling soreness. That arm is gonna be tender as hell either way come opening kickoff. And most accurate thing of there whole conversation, was All it takes is one hit to that shoulder area(whether he’s healed or not) and boom he’s gone again. I understand reason to have faith in his comeback, but this is more serious then you think guys. I will forever be upset with grigson,pagano and irsay, and blame them for not doing enough to give him an OL, they may have potentially ruined his career as a colt. It’s a shame to. 

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I have a question. . . When was the last time a injury forced a QB under 30 years old out of the game for good?

2 hours ago, Alex22 said:

Jake Locker

Chad Pennington

RG3

Teddy B

possibly Tannyhill

Wasn't Dante Culpepper just 28 with bad knee injury?  Sure he tried to come back was not effective at all.  Too often, the game tells the player when he is done, not vice versa.

Some of these other QB guys tried to limp along and play beyond their big injury but were not effective anymore either, while others careers ended straight away from injury-

Jim Miller, shoulder at 31

Troy Aikman  Concussions 34
Joe Theisman compound leg fracture 36
Steve Young concussions 37

Rich Gannon  full body shut down (lol) 37

1 hour ago, egg said:

Sure, and we all hope Luck will be as good as new.

But it wasn't that long ago that guys like  Marlin Jackson, Bob Sanders, Kelvin Haden, Joe Addai all sustained injuries in their mid-twenties, had surgery, were never the same player, and were out of the league before age 30. Even Harrison and Wayne, though they were well into their 30's, had their careers ended by injuries (I know, technically they played out their contracts).

Luck needs his shoulder to be 100% just like these guys needed their knees/legs to be 100%.

It might not ever be.  He might have yo play at 95%, or 90, or 85, or...  we can't predict it.  We have to see it as it unfolds.

As stated above , the game often tells the player when he is done.  And it is not just QB's.

52 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Reggie bush and that cartoon character looking dude from GMFB. Sorry to say but They are right. He Hasn’t thrown yet. He’s obviously still feeling soreness. That arm is gonna be tender as hell either way come opening kickoff. And most accurate thing of there whole conversation, was All it takes is one hit to that shoulder area(whether he’s healed or not) and boom he’s gone again. I understand reason to have faith in his comeback, but this is more serious then you think guys. I will forever be upset with grigson,pagano and irsay, and blame them for not doing enough to give him an OL, they may have potentially ruined his career as a colt. It’s a shame to. 

Brees has taken some pretty big hits over the years after his injury and he is still around setting records. 

Peyton was supposed to have a noodle arm - then he set records. 

I'm not saying they are the same - but if Luck changes his style a little and doesn't fight to make a play on every down he will avoid many of the big hits that may re-injure. 

It's all uneducated opinions until we see Luck play.  

I think he will be ok. He looks huge and you can't get that big without lifting some pretty heavy weights. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916939/article/andrew-luck-using-weighted-balls-to-rehab-shoulder

Also, if the footballs are heavier then that's no bad thing. Though, he probably wants to make sure all his mechanics and footwork are set before he starts throwing the football and doing live action drills. 

I wouldn't worry at this stage - he isn't doing himself any favours rushing back. Still a long way to go until the season starts...

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reggie Bush is a complete Tool! Andrew Luck will be fine and start on opening day. These media people are getting so hilarious that they are getting dumb. When Luck starts on opening day some people in here will probably delete their accounts lmao, If not they should after what I have been reading.

Reggie probably has spent little time analyzing the Colts ..and you are right..his comments will be forgotten next September

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Based off of what Reggie? The fact he has a slow, methodical approach to his rehab instead of rushing back like he tried to last year?

Exactly..they took 'he hasn't started throwing a football' to mean.....he cant throw a football.

He didn't say that. Nobody did.

Andrew's  doctors told him that there is a timetable......and that he needs to stick to it this time.

'Good Morning Football' is not the most information-rich football show on television...

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly..they took 'he hasn't started throwing a football' to mean.....he cant throw a football.

He didn't say that. Nobody did.

Andrew's  doctors told him that there is a timetable......and that he needs to stick to it this time.

'Good Morning Football' is not the most information-rich football show on television...

It is probably one of the worst to watch if you want to hear actual football knowledge. 

There is no one on that show that knows anything about football. 

I would rather watch the paint on the color rush uniforms dry...........

We can go over this over and over but none of us know how this is going to turn out.  He could go on to play another 10 years at an all pro level.  Or.....Andrew could blow his shoulder out the first game and b done.  We r dealing with labrum surgery, which is very concerning.  We haven't even talked bout how his shoulder is going to hold up after being hit by a 300 pound tackle.  I have had numerous injuries to my body.  However, I am not going out every Sunday throwing the ball 40 times and getting hit on  on a surgically repaired shoulder.  I am optimistic he comes back a better player, but if his shoulder blows out  out week one or year 3,  I won't be shocked .