Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Bush says it's time to hit the PANIC BUTTON (merge)

LJpalmbeacher2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets not kid ourselves, If we hadn't drafted Manning the Colts wouldn't be in Indianapolis today. We would've be gone years ago. We have won a ton of games, won a SB in 2006 and been to 5 Final 4's while in Indy. With Luck we are 46-30 in this era and been to a Final 4, without him we are 10-16. Basketball wise we have played in 8 Final 4's and a Finals since the 90's.

I understand that.

But where are the championships? 

One championship between the Colts and Pacers goes on for how long?

Zero, that is 0 championships for the Pacers since 1976

One championship for the Colts since 1984.

Being a fan of the Colts and Pacers also brings years of heart break.

No wonder this area is known as the fly over state sports wise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that.

Oh I get your point. I wasn't even really disagreeing with you but we have been lucky as fans with Pacers and Colts. Most people are just hypnotized on Championships lmao and to those nothing else matters. Yeah Championships define a lot but I am pleased with what the Colts and Pacers have given us in my lifetime. I wish the Pacers had at least 1 NBA Championship but they still have given me tons of great moments.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People act like since Nick Foles won a SB that we can just pick up anyone and win a SB. Doesn't work like that unless you have a dominant Defense and dominant Running game. Almost every QB that has won a SB is a HOFamer or will be one. Other than Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, and now Nick Foles every QB that has won a SB will be or is a HOFamer. Jim Plunkett who won 2 is the main rare exception that isn't in. I named 6 QB's out of 52 years that won that aren't or wont be HOFamers. That is a small %. Eli will even make it because he has the Stats with 2 wins.

And what do all these HOF and non HOF QBs have in common?   They had teams that won the super bowls. Not a one of them did it by themselves. Having a great QB is exciting to watch no doubt but where are the rings?

Till the Colts build the team that will take Luck to the super bowl we just keep doing what we have been doing for 33 out of 34 years.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

And what do all these HOF and non HOF QBs have in common?   They had teams that won the super bowls. Not a one of them did it by themselves. Having a great QB is exciting to watch no doubt but where are the rings?

Till the Colts build the team that will take Luck to the super bowl we just keep doing what we have been doing for 33 out of 34 years.

Yeah but with Luck we have a chance to win one, without him we don't unless we just build a dominant Defense and go that way. The Eagles as great as their D was last season still gave up 33 points to NE. Foles had to play great for Philly to win.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that.

This is the way it is in most markets.

Most fan bases wait decades for their championship(s).   It's part of the beauty and torture that comes with being a fan.

Indy fans don't have it worse than anyone else.    It may feel like it... but it's not that bad...

• Thanks 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Most fan bases wait decades for their championship(s).   It's part of the beauty and torture that comes with being a fan.

Indy fans don't have it worse than anyone else.    It may feel like it... but it's not that bad...

100% correct. It is extremely tough to win it all. We got ours in 2006 and I have patience that Luck will get us another. I am a Cubs fan of 33 years as well so I know torture and they gave me one in 2016 finally. That was pure beauty!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People act like since Nick Foles won a SB that we can just pick up anyone and win a SB. Doesn't work like that unless you have a dominant Defense and dominant Running game. Almost every QB that has won a SB is a HOFamer or will be one. Other than Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, and now Nick Foles every QB that has won a SB will be or is a HOFamer. Jim Plunkett who won 2 is the main rare exception that isn't in. I named 6 QB's out of 52 years that won that aren't or wont be HOFamers. That is a small %. Eli will even make it because he has the Stats with 2 wins.

You must have a franchise QB to be a perennial contender.  And this isn't anything new to the game.  In the 9 years the strong Cleveland Browns had the greatest running back in history, Jim Brown (not just Barkley), they won only one title.  In six of those nine years the winners were the Colts led by Unitas (2) and the Packers led by Bart Starr (4).  Another HOFer, Norm Van Brocklin, also won one with the Eagles.  Only the Bears with Bill Wade and the Browns with a very good Frank Ryan won without a HOF QB in that stretch.  Note that the perennial contenders back then included the Lions with Bobby Layne and the Giants with Y.A. Tittle, certainly no slouches.  The Giants had HOFers and all-stars at almost every position and a good coach (Sherman) to boot but couldn't overcome teams with two of the greatest QBs ever to play.

Now that passing is so much more a part of the game, it's more important than ever to have an outstanding QB.  Drafting at #3, Ballard was in a great position to acquire one, but he believes Luck is pretty certain to come back strong -- a dubious proposition at this point -- and by acquiring a Fitzpatrick or Nelson or whomever and another talented player we'll be sitting pretty.  That's a gamble that defies my understanding.  How many times will we be drafting high enough to land a top QB prospect without having to trade up to get one?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

pacer fans have a right to feel like they do.

we almost always put a good respectable team on the court, and it has hurt us at times.   the pacers are the only team in the league that has not had a top 5 pick since the 80s(not counting new teams).  they have also never signed a free agent that went on to make an all star game.

never won an nba title, never get high picks, and the best free agents dont consider indiana even for a second.  we have lost to lebron and his super teams full of free agents and high picks like 5 times in the playoffs  

35 minutes ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

How many times will we be drafting high enough to land a top QB prospect without having to trade up to get one?

if luck is out then we probably pick high again.  i think brissett could be at least average or so, but this roster needs better than average qb play 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 1:25 AM, threeflight said:

Here is what I don't get about Luck and I haven't for quite some time.

It is almost as if he is expecting the shoulder to be 100% perfect before he will ever attempt a real throw with a real football.

Newsflash.....it will never be 100% again.  Ever.

I have been an athlete all my life.  Played almost every sport there is and 2 on the collegiate level.  Still play a ton of sports and lift weights 5 days a week.  2 years ago I tore my left rotator cuff while doing chest flies. My shoulder was basically hanging there.  Tore it completely.  However I did not want to have surgery as I couldn't lift for 6 months or so after if I did, not to mention I couldn't play other sports.

So I took about 4 days off and then just started rehabbing it myself.  Used about half the weight I usually did for my left arm and despite the pain and the shoulder continually feeling like it was coming out of its socket, I kept at it.  About a year later it was somewhat normal, and 2 years later it is 90% or so.  But it will never be 100% and I know that.  There are still many days when I lift that it hurts and I just accept it.

And that is what I don't get with Luck.  Obviously the shoulder is back to where he can at least throw and work out.  I just cannot see a reason, after a year and a half since surgery, that he cannot just say F it and start throwing.  I realize he is a pro athlete and throwing many balls during practice and during a game, but at this point the shoulder HAS to be better than when he played during the 2015 season.  IMO Irsay was somewhat right when he said a lot of the problems reside in his head.  At some point, if he wants to play again, he just has to accept the fact that there will probably always be pain in the shoulder and move past it.

This take would make total sense if the guy hadn't already played through all kinds of pain already including the same shoulder deal. We all remember that video when Hasselback said good job to him and punched his shoulder and how badly he winced. Kid played thru all that. Played thru lacerated kidney, has played thru all manner of stuff.

You sound like you've been a warrior through your athletic 'career', these are your words though, we don't know that as fact. What we know as 100% fact is Andrew Luck has played through whatever pain there is, and he has done it to his detriment.

You come off as questioning his toughness and ability to deal with pain...kind of like Jim Irsay. Kid has proven he can hang with pain. That take needs to stop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 9:43 AM, aaron11 said:

pacer fans have a right to feel like they do.

we almost always put a good respectable team on the court, and it has hurt us at times.   the pacers are the only team in the league that has not had a top 5 pick since the 80s(not counting new teams).  they have also never signed a free agent that went on to make an all star game.

never won an nba title, never get high picks, and the best free agents dont consider indiana even for a second.  we have lost to lebron and his super teams full of free agents and high picks like 5 times in the playoffs  

The Cavs do NOT have a bunch of talented free agents.  They originally drafted Lebron and Kyrie and they traded for Love and the new guys this year.  I guess you can make a weak argument that Wade's signing resulted in a couple new guys.  But those guys aren't playing much. If you want to claim a team outright bought a championship, look to Golden State, not the Cavs.

7 minutes ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

The Cavs do NOT have a bunch of talented free agents.  They originally drafted Lebron and Kyrie and they traded for Love and the new guys this year.  I guess you can make a weak argument that Wade's signing resulted in a couple new guys.  But those guys aren't playing much. If you want to claim a team outright bought a championship, look to Golden State, not the Cavs.

but they did have high draft picks.  two number one overall picks on the team, plus they traded a third for kevin love.  that was posted before this series began, and that was the team they beat us with last year 

you will notice i said we have lost to lebron and his super teams full of free agents and high picks like 5 times in the playoffs.  i was also talking about the heat   

i said why im upset about high picks too, the pacers are the only team in the league that hasnt had one since the 80s

On 4/15/2018 at 2:34 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that.

Hardly a flyover state. We do have the largest single day sporting event. And if you think we’re bad, try living in Cleveland.