Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 hour ago, Virtuoso80 said:

They already had a 4th round pick before the cooks trade.  they had the 131st pick from the seattle trade in 2016 draft.

I was responding to this tweet from Pro Football Rumors.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some people were actually calling this guy the real deal and ...

Texans paid the dude 21 million, convinced Browns to tpay hime another 16 million and ake out their garbage for them in return for a second round draft pic.  Browns now ready to kick him to the curb as well.  Yet, against the Colts defense, down 7 at end of game, in 3 plays and 56 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRd_J3HOLzE

Sigh....   :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Texans paid the dude 21 million, convinced Browns to tpay hime another 16 million and ake out their garbage for them in return for a second round draft pic.  Browns now ready to kick him to the curb as well.  Yet, against the Colts defense, down 7 at end of game, in 3 plays and 56 seconds...

That's why I haven't said anything about him. We can't talk trash about a guy that beat us in dramatic fashion. 

30 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This goes into the file of 'only the Colts'...

Along side those records only we seem to allow like Brandon Marshall's 50 catch game, Jax 375, worst run D ever on a Super Bowl winning team, beating Mia when we had the ball for only 12 or 13 minutes, making nobodies look like HOF's for a game...

We just love us some drama.

54 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Don't remind me, I was so ticked off after that game I couldn't see straight haha 

21 hours ago, K-148 said:

What about Zach Brown and Kevin Minter? Are they good in coverage?

Kevin Minter appears to be above average in coverage, but very hit and miss. I wasnt able to find his qb rating against him but lots of PFF grades to go off of. He had 5 games where he graded out very good, and 4 games where he graded poorly. Overall on the season PFF ranked him the 25th LB with an overall grade of 81, mainly due to his good grades in coverage. My main worry with Minter would be that his tackling appears to be suspect, with 20 missed tackles in 2016. 

Zach brown is also good in coverage, giving up a qb rating or 61 in 2015, good for 3rd among LBs, and PFF ranked him as a top 10 breakout player in 2016, giving him the top defensive grade for the bills front 7, at 84.1 due to his coverage skills and a marked improvement over his run stuffing ability.  He saw a decline in his grades over the last half of this season though, with only 2 above average grades in his last 8 games. Not sure what to attribute that to, maybe he was dinged up a bit or maybe he just stopped trying, but it raises questions that need to be answered. 

Overall both players are good in coverage and would be interesting additions, but both have a few question marks that would have to be looked into. At the right price they could be great pickups though. I like brown over minter personaly simply because our team has enough issues with tackling and brown showed a high tackle percentage over the last few years. 

Hope that info helps!! 

32 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Kevin Minter appears to be above average in coverage, but very hit and miss. I wasnt able to find his qb rating against him but lots of PFF grades to go off of. He had 5 games where he graded out very good, and 4 games where he graded poorly. Overall on the season PFF ranked him the 25th LB with an overall grade of 81, mainly due to his good grades in coverage. My main worry with Minter would be that his tackling appears to be suspect, with 20 missed tackles in 2016. 

Zach brown is also good in coverage, giving up a qb rating or 61 in 2015, good for 3rd among LBs, and PFF ranked him as a top 10 breakout player in 2016, giving him the top defensive grade for the bills front 7, at 84.1 due to his coverage skills and a marked improvement over his run stuffing ability.  He saw a decline in his grades over the last half of this season though, with only 2 above average grades in his last 8 games. Not sure what to attribute that to, maybe he was dinged up a bit or maybe he just stopped trying, but it raises questions that need to be answered. 

Overall both players are good in coverage and would be interesting additions, but both have a few question marks that would have to be looked into. At the right price they could be great pickups though. I like brown over minter personaly simply because our team has enough issues with tackling and brown showed a high tackle percentage over the last few years. 

Hope that info helps!! 

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

He saw a decline in his grades over the last half of this season though, with only 2 above average grades in his last 8 games. Not sure what to attribute that to, maybe he was dinged up a bit or maybe he just stopped trying, but it raises questions that need to be answered. 

That's my biggest concern with him. I've read that some attribute it to issues with Rex Ryan, which I can get, but he'd be one that, as a GM, I'd have to talk to and see whyou he thinks he had such a poor 2nd half of the season.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, IinD said:

This goes into the file of 'only the Colts'...

Along side those records only we seem to allow like Brandon Marshall's 50 catch game, Jax 375, worst run D ever on a Super Bowl winning team, beating Mia when we had the ball for only 12 or 13 minutes, making nobodies look like HOF's for a game...

We just love us some drama.

And just think, there are a few who think we need a RB in the 1st round.

Hankins and Logan are probably waiting for Poe to sign/set the market for them. I wouldn't be suprised if Zach Brown and Kevin Minter were doing the same thing and waiting for Hightower to be set at one location. It only benefits these 2nd tier players to wait and become the best free agents left at their positions before they start negotiations. 

1 minute ago, masnerj said:

Hankins and Logan are probably waiting for Poe to sign/set the market for them. I wouldn't be suprised if Zach Brown and Kevin Minter were doing the same thing and waiting for Hightower to be set at one location. It only benefits these 2nd tier players to wait and become the best free agents left at their positions before they start negotiations. 

Brown already visited Miami.  Logan had a visit with a team as well. I would hope the 2nd tier players and their agents have a handle on the market and the range they should be in.  Williams pretty much set the NT market.  Not all teams need NT or ILB.  The longer you're out there the tougher it becomes to get what you want.  If I were Ballard I would be bringing in his 2nd. choice for NT asap.  Poe will see you are not going to wait too long before  moving on to plan B. 

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Hankins is only 24 years old.. why isn't that guy getting more interest from us and a lot of other teams.. I haven't read of him meeting with anyone. 

I think his injury a couple years ago, and not exactly having a bounce back stellar year in 16 probably has some teams cautious.  Supposedly, the Skins were interested in him.

23 minutes ago, masnerj said:

Brandon Williams already set the market at NT. Williams was probably the best NT in this year's free agent class. Ballard hopefully is entertaining bringing in Hankins and Logan to talk in case Poe falls through.

30 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think his injury a couple years ago, and not exactly having a bounce back stellar year in 16 probably has some teams cautious.  Supposedly, the Skins were interested in him.

With Harrison being brought in last year Hankins moved to DE and away from his natural position.  Consequently had a so so year. He was my 1st. choice and still is. 

Honestly we could sign both Bennie and Hankins for just a little more than what Poe wants by himself IMO.  Wait for Poe to go to the Jags and lets get two solid guys instead of one guy who might be injured in a year or two anyways with back issues.  Bennie = 4yr/$24mil and Hankins = 3yr/$15mil  Combined you are signing two solid players for a total hit around $11 or $12mil depending on the contract.  Poe wants north of $10 per year.

17 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Honestly we could sign both Bennie and Hankins for just a little more than what Poe wants by himself IMO.  Wait for Poe to go to the Jags and lets get two solid guys instead of one guy who might be injured in a year or two anyways with back issues.  Bennie = 4yr/$24mil and Hankins = 3yr/$15mil  Combined you are signing two solid players for a total hit around $11 or $12mil depending on the contract.  Poe wants north of $10 per year.

I'd be down with this. Insurance and quality depth are not to be snooted at.... It just takes one injury to severely soften up our current D-line depth dramatically.

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Thanks for sharing the info.

Personally I dont think we were ever in the running for Hightower at all. Ballard has his plan and doesnt wannt dish out the big bucks in FA. I get it... he isnt putting all his eggs into this season to prove his worth as a GM. He is keeping expectations low and rightfully so... He is going to work this roster over the coming years, not months...

I think he's doing it the right way.

2 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Thanks for sharing the info.

Personally I dont think we were ever in the running for Hightower at all. Ballard has his plan and doesnt wannt dish out the big bucks in FA. I get it... he isnt putting all his eggs into this season to prove his worth as a GM. He is keeping expectations low and rightfully so... He is going to work this roster over the coming years, not months...

I think he's doing it the right way.

i think he's gonna do what he says and build the lines first.  but the secondary he'll have to address this year, question is, draft or FA

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I'm in!