Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

per Rotoworld and Schefter

Pats traded a 2nd to Carolina for Kony Ealy and a 3rd

That sounds like a rip off for Carolina. Got him for practically a 4th round pick. Patriots make people agree to whatever they ask I swear lol

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This is... curious.

He's been posting a bunch of emo stuff since yesterday. May just be a personal thing and not football related. Maybe lady trouble?

I'd think one of the talking heads would have jumped on it already if it was something of merit..

32 minutes ago, Shive said:

He's been posting a bunch of emo stuff since yesterday. May just be a personal thing and not football related. Maybe lady trouble?

I'd think one of the talking heads would have jumped on it already if it was something of merit..

Who knows could be upset about the Allen trade too if they were buddies.

Just now, coltsfanmilyman said:

Please explain why you wouldn't want to resgin him?

Because I think we can/should get better at WR2. Moncrief is inconsistent and hasn't been very healthy. I see no reason to pay him when we could draft someone to replace him. 

7 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Because I think we can/should get better at WR2. Moncrief is inconsistent and hasn't been very healthy. I see no reason to pay him when we could draft someone to replace him. 

He played in every game his first two seasons and had some injury issues last season...that certainly doesn't label him a health risk?

8 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

It'd be nice to see Dorsett step up and surpass Moncrief on the depth chart.. really hoping our new WR coach can make something happen with him. 

12 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

He played in every game his first two seasons and had some injury issues last season...that certainly doesn't label him a health risk?

I didn't say he was a health risk. Just that he's been knicked up on occasion. I don't mind Moncrief but I'm not paying significant money to resign him. Therefore we'd be better off trading him and acquiring more draft picks. 

I wouldnt hold it against him and it wouldn't dissuade me from signing him but his attitude sucks too. 

24 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I didn't say he was a health risk. Just that he's been knicked up on occasion. I don't mind Moncrief but I'm not paying significant money to resign him. Therefore we'd be better off trading him and acquiring more draft picks. 

I wouldnt hold it against him and it wouldn't dissuade me from signing him but his attitude sucks too. 

Do you follow the team much?

Moncrief played in ALL 16 games his first two years...    and he missed 7 games last year with a BROKEN SHOULDER.        That doesn't make him a guy with a health problem, or being "nicked up"...

Moncrief has no attitude problems.     Where do you get this stuff?

And when he's played,  he's been productive.

He's going to be paid and he's going to be paid by the Colts.      Be prepared to be disappointed.

7 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

You wrote, "He hasn't been very healthy.".....I am unsure of why you are now claiming his "attitude sucks" as well?  If you traded him what do you think you would get?  I am not trying to single you out as I have read similar posts from a couple other posters....I just don't understand it?

You have a 6' 2"  plus, 220lb plus WR with speed who now is a red zone threat....he turns 24 in August.  He is 2 1/2 years older than the average rookie entering the league and is entering his 4th year. They don't grow on trees.....

Fun Fact:  Look at Reggie Wayne's early career and compare it to Moncrief's.  I am in no way saying DM will ever be Reggie, but it should offer some perspective.  In fact, If you look at the games missed last season by DM and figure his TD's if healthy...wow!  Yeah, just trade him for a 4th rounder..............

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2578/reggie-wayne

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16791/donte-moncrief

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Moncrief played in ALL 16 games his first two years...    and he missed 7 games last year with a BROKEN SHOULDER.        That doesn't make him a guy with a health problem, or being "nicked up"...

He's going to be paid and he's going to be paid by the Colts.      Be prepared to be disappointed.

Thank you Brother...I always know I can count on you for clarity.  I hope all is well :)

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Can you see me from up on your high horse? 

Moncrief is way overrated. He's never had a statistically good season even on a Colts team that throws all the time. 

You can be dinged up and not miss games. Doesn't mean you'll be very effective though. 

The attitude I'm talking about is all the dumb tweets and when he and Dorsett were talking about Luck. Can't quote him but I remember it. 

We could easily replace Moncrief through the draft and save a ton of money. 

2 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

You wrote, "He hasn't been very healthy.".....I am unsure of why you are now claiming his "attitude sucks" as well?  If you traded him what do you think you would get?  I am not trying to single you out as I have read similar posts from a couple other posters....I just don't understand it?

You have a 6' 2"  plus, 220lb plus WR with speed who now is a red zone threat....he turns 24 in August.  He is 2 1/2 years older than the average rookie entering the league and is entering his 4th year. They don't grow on trees.....

Fun Fact:  Look at Reggie Wayne's early career and compare it to Moncrief's.  I am in no way saying DM will ever be Reggie, but it should offer some perspective.  In fact, If you look at the games missed last season by DM and figure his TD's if healthy...wow!  Yeah, just trade him for a 4th rounder..............

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2578/reggie-wayne

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16791/donte-moncrief

I'd be happy with a fourth for Moncrief. 

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

Can you see me from up on your high horse? 

Moncrief is way overrated. He's never had a statistically good season even on a Colts team that throws all the time. 

You can be dinged up and not miss games. Doesn't mean you'll be very effective though. 

The attitude I'm talking about is all the dumb tweets and when he and Dorsett were talking about Luck. Can't quote him but I remember it. 

We could easily replace Moncrief through the draft and save a ton of money. 

If you're always replacing 3rd round tweets because a guy is nicked up and you don't like his tweets,  guess what,    you'll never be done building your team.     You'll always be chasing the next cheaper better alternative.

It's a 53 man roster,  no one gets a perfect 53.    You get the best you can.

When Moncrief was drafted,  he was the YOUNGEST WR in the draft.    That was a plus.    He'll grow up and mature.     Let's try and make sure that happens when he's a Colt and not on another roster because people like you get impatient and short sighted.

As for my view of you from my high horse,   you don't want to know.    You really, really don't want to know.

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I am grateful that you are not our GM....

What's so impressive about him to you? I mean he's not bad but I'd rather replace him through the draft and spend the money we'll save elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you're always replacing 3rd round tweets because a guy is nicked up and you don't like his tweets,  guess what,    you'll never be done building your team.     You'll always be chasing the next cheaper better alternative.

It's a 53 man roster,  no one gets a perfect 53.    You get the best you can.

When Moncrief was drafted,  he was the YOUNGEST WR in the draft.    That was a plus.    He'll grow up and mature.     Let's try and make sure that happens when he's a Colt and not on another roster because people like you get impatient and short sighted.

As for my view of you from my high horse,   you don't want to know.    You really, really don't want to know.

I already said that his attitude wouldn't stop me from resigning him and that I wouldn't hold it against him...

It was just my opinion 

Jeez dude you take all of this way too seriously. 

Just now, SP_21 said:

What's so impressive about him to you? I mean he's not bad but I'd rather replace him through the draft and spend the money we'll save elsewhere. 

My last post showed what I was impressed with, please re-read if you care?  Like I said in that post, I am not singling you out...I just don't understand your pov?

Just now, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

My last post showed what I was impressed with, please re-read if you care?  Like I said in that post, I am not singling you out...I just don't understand your pov?

He's a decent player who I think we should replace rather than spend money on. That's all I'm trying to say. 

6 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

He may not have gaudy stats, but situationally, he shows up. He converts and he scores. Those are 2 of the biggest factors. He may not light it up with a ton of yards, but he keeps drives going and is an amazing red zone target. Not every WR needs to have a ton of yards to be effective. Different players play different roles and that's what you need in a WR corps.

And he fractured his scapula, which is hard to do and I wouldn't label him as injury-prone because of it.

And I don't think NE neccasarily needs to be worried about having picks, with who they've acquired and what they already have on hand they are plenty capable of beating anyone, and Gronk comes back next year. Plus they develop and know how use players and maximize their potential. Just about any approach they choose to take has a good shot at working our for them. Hate them as we might, they are one fiiiine tuned machine.