Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Cooks is a very good WR. I don't really know why they got him either though lol. 

Yeah. It's not like they were starving for WRs. And even if they were it's unusual for Big Billy to give up draft picks...

Strange times we live in haha 

I hope this just means Brady has less time left than we thought, and they know that so they're just doing everything they can for another run.

But that's probably not the case. Brady is probably gonna play till he's like 45 and win two more rings because of course he will.

The hoodie is always ten steps ahead of every other team...they will get back in the first round by trading Jimmy G to the Browns so essentially giving up nothing to get Cooks. I'm guessing they'll get the Browns number 12 pick moving way up from where they were before. I love my Colts, but the Patriots do everything right. 

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

If Poe has 4 other teams he's talking to he's probably going to command a pretty penny for his services...just saying.

Not a problem!  No more than Brandon Williams, he set the high bar.  We finally get our NT and 1st. major impact player!  I know I'm jumping the gun but I can't help it.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Not a problem!  No more than Brandon Williams, he set the high bar.  We finally get our NT and 1st. major impact player!  I know I'm jumping the gun but I can't help it.

I feel the same way. I wouldn't let Poe leave Indy if I were in charge. We have $$$ now go getum Ballard

26 minutes ago, IinD said:

I honestly don't know if he's any good, but Tenn definitely looks to be an improving team. They definitely seem different then the Titans of a few years back.

A franchise QB and what looks to be a good GM is a scary combination. Certainly bittersweet as an Oregon Colts fan. They'll win a SB. 

5 minutes ago, wig said:

A franchise QB and what looks to be a good GM is a scary combination. Certainly bittersweet as an Oregon Colts fan. They'll win a SB. 

I still have my doubts about Marriota but he and the Titans certainly have potential. 

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Mm Hasn't shown franchise qb ability yet imo.   He is just a guy so far

I have watched every college and NFL game of his. You're wrong, but it's not worth arguing. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

What he did in college means zero.  

Okay. I have still watched much, much more of him in the NFL than you have. 

After a slow start in a new offense, he had an 8 game stretch with an avg. QB rating of over 120 before facing two of the best defenses last year in poor conditions last year.  

If you don't think the biggest competition in the division for the next decade is the Titans, you're sadly mistaken (unless Houston gets an elite, longterm answer at QB).

Just now, wig said:

After a slow start in a new offense, he had an 8 game stretch with an avg. QB rating of over 120 before facing two of the best defenses last year in poor conditions last year.  

If you don't think the biggest competition in the division for the next decade is the Titans, you're sadly mistaken (unless Houston gets an elite, longterm answer at QB).

I didn't know you were monitoring my tv watching?  Did you back my Samsung tv?

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I didn't know you were monitoring my tv watching?  Did you back my Samsung tv?

I guess I would prefer to assume you're ignorant, as opposed to dumb. Saying you haven't watched him every game was giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

7 minutes ago, wig said:

Did MM take a huge step forward during that 8 game stretch or did he benefit from a good running game?

Probably both. I'd just like to see him take over games and put the team on his back before I believe in him. 

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

Did MM take a huge step forward during that 8 game stretch or did he benefit from a good O-Line and running game?

Probably both. I'd just like to see him take over games and put the team on his back before I believe in him. 

Of course both. All successful QBs benefit from help. O-line, elite WRs, running game, whatever. 

He's really good, and I'm happy for him, but the Titans worry me for good reason. 

11 minutes ago, wig said:

I guess I would prefer to assume you're ignorant, as opposed to dumb. Saying you haven't watched him every game was giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

He has been middle of the road at throwing the ball.   He hasn't shown he can take over a game and be the difference maker.   Sorry

4 hours ago, SP_21 said:

I already said that his attitude wouldn't stop me from resigning him and that I wouldn't hold it against him...

It was just my opinion 

Jeez dude you take all of this way too seriously. 

It's not that I take all this THAT seriously.....     but here's the deal.

If a position that I and others feel is false is left unopposed,  unchecked,  then some here begin to view it as accepted fact.    As the conventional wisdom of the members.     And I've noticed this week that we have a number of new posters....    guys who have joined in the last few weeks.    And they're just getting a lay of the land around here.

So, when positions like yours are left unchecked it often feels like a number of posters like myself a few others have to run around putting out brush fires before they spread.     You don't want a small fire turning into a large one.     

I know I don't have a great sense of humor about such stuff.     I''m often the old, cranky,  get off my lawn, guy....   Believe me,   I know it and I don't much like it.    But there's often a lot of misinformation on the board and a few of us like to try and set the record straight.    We think it makes for a better board and better discussions.

Sorry for the trouble....    not trying to jump down your throat or bust your.....    footballs....  

I like this website and the people who are on it everyday....   and sometimes I get overly protective....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's not that I take this THAT seriously.....     but here's the deal.

If a position that I and others feel is false is left unopposed,  unchecked,  then some here begin to view it as accepted fact.    As the conventional wisdom of the members.     And I've noticed this week that we have a number of new posters....    guys who have joined in the last few weeks.    And they're just getting a lay of the land around here.

So, when positions like yours are left unchecked it often feels like a number of posters like myself a few others have to run around putting out brush fires before they spread.     You don't want a small fire turning into a large one.     

I know I don't have a great sense of humor about such stuff.     I''m often the old, cranky,  get off my law, guy....

Believe me,   I know it and I don't much like it.    But there's often a lot of misinformation on the board and a few of us like to try and set the record straight.    We think it makes for a better board and better discussions.

Sorry for the trouble....    not trying to jump down your throat or bust your.....    footballs....  

I like this website and the people who are on it everyday....   and sometimes I get overly protective....

AAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's not that I take all this THAT seriously.....     but here's the deal.

I know I don't have a great sense of humor about such stuff.     I''m often the old, cranky,  get off my lawn, guy....   Believe me,   I know it and I don't much like it.    But there's often a lot of misinformation on the board and a few of us like to try and set the record straight.    We think it makes for a better board and better discussions.

Ok :dunno:

10 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

NE mortgaging their future to win now while Brady still there.

They have always managed their salary cap pretty well IMO. I would agree that this is not a typical off-season for the Patriots. Interesting to say the least!

9 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

wow really? walden

In some ways I agree. I'm shocked they didn't resign Walden. My fav player on the defense, not because he's a pro bowler but dude is tough, has heart and plays like a big dog compared to his measurable. I hope he comes back