Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

15 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

From Gregg Rosenthal's article at NFL.com on best team fits for top remaining free agents :

Johnathan Hankins, defensive tackle

NFL fans don't know Hankins well after his first four years in the league, but it's surprising to see NFL teams share the apathy. The defensive tackle market has been slow to develop throughout free agency, with Dontari Poe also still available and Bennie Logan not signing a contract until Monday. Turning 25 years old at the end of the month, Hankins boasts impressive upside and experience as a three-year starter for the Giants. How many 320-pound run stuffers have a seven-sack season on their résumé?

Our No. 3 free agent still available, Hankins has generated suboptimal buzz. He looks destined to wind up on a short-term deal with a team looking for value. The FalconsColtsDolphins and Packers should be in the market for a defensive tackle like Hankins, with the first three teams meeting with Poe. The Colts already have shown an eye for value early in free agency. Getting Hankins at a discount rate would make a lot of sense.

BEST FIT: Indianapolis Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793234/article/best-team-fits-for-notable-remaining-free-agents

Make it happen already! :number1:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Good article!  I have wanted Hankins since FA started.  Great upside for half of what Poe wants.

I wouldn't want him on a 1-Year deal, though.   If I am Chris Ballard, I am looking for long term solutions.  I would want a minimum of a 3-year deal, and I would pay the going price to get it.

Just now, rockywoj said:

I wouldn't want him on a 1-Year deal, though.   If I am Chris Ballard, I am looking for long term solutions.  I would want a minimum of a 3-year deal.

I completely agree.  Give him some security and give us a young building block to go with some others there as well.  I would gladly give him a 3 year $15 mil deal.  Maybe even kick it up to $18mil to get him here now.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I completely agree.  Give him some security and give us a young building block to go with some others there as well.  I would gladly give him a 3 year $15 mil deal.  Maybe even kick it up to $18mil to get him here now.

I'd do 4-Years, $24M, $12M guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

here's a little rotoworld nugget that just came across about him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8433/johnathan-hankins

if this i true... he wont become a colts

Ballard wont give him such a deal, as he needs to prove himself to earn that kind of money.

if they do sign him, Ballards talk at his presser about earning that kind of money, would hit the ground faster than the length of Osweilers succesfull career at the texans.

12 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

here's a little rotoworld nugget that just came across about him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8433/johnathan-hankins

Hmmmm.... "five-year deal at $45 million or more". That is pretty steep! Would he be 7 mio worth a year? On 4 or 5 years?

I would do it if the Poe deal doesn't work out. 

20 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

For all Zach Brown lovers (which includes me :().

Sounds like he is talking or talked with the Colts as well. I expect an answer shortly from both him and Poe!

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Around The NFL

He's in Oakland now. Brown has also had talks with the #Colts about a potential deal.

1 minute ago, GusBus24 said:

Sounds like he is talking or talked with the Colts as well. I expect an answer shortly from both him and Poe!

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Around The NFL

He's in Oakland now. Brown has also had talks with the #Colts about a potential deal.

I think it would feel like Christmas morning for quite a few people on this forum (myself included) if they both decide to sign with us one after the other

55 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Hmmmm.... "five-year deal at $45 million or more". That is pretty steep! Would he be 7 mio worth a year? On 4 or 5 years?

That is what he "wants".  Asking 5 - $45M versus say my starting point of 4 - $24M.  So, let's assume he countered my offer with his 5/$45 asking price.  Then I might counter 3/$20M w/$10M guaranteed, with a team option for 2 more years / $20M w/$10M guaranteed.  Thus potentially a 5 year deal, $40M w/$20M guaranteed IF the 2 year option is exercised after year 3. 

1 hour ago, Mr Clueless said:

Absolutely. We want to give Poe a multiyear deal.  Why not a 25 yr. old who is a very solid player?  He might not get the money he wants but that's why you have negotiations.  We will probably bring him in if Poe deal fails.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I think it's a depth signing. Doubt it has much to do with our plans at the top of the roster.

Could also mean something is up with Parry per this source!

#Colts add another former Titan, defensive tackle Al Woods. Not sure what this means for David Parry. 

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

For those awaiting Poe's arrival.

But, now the money part of it is out, and it's obvious this'll have no impact on any other decisions.

eh, that signing to me is more about Parry probably getting cut than anything else.  Assuming we sign Poe/Hankins

2 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

if this i true... he wont become a colts

Ballard wont give him such a deal, as he needs to prove himself to earn that kind of money.

if they do sign him, Ballards talk at his presser about earning that kind of money, would hit the ground faster than the length of Osweilers succesfull career at the texans.

It's called a deal with incentives.  Players sign them all the time.  Negotiate!

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Vikings fans, including myself, are very pleased that we re-signed Newman. Despite his age, he had a very good year. At one point last year, PFF rated him the second best CB in the NFL, better Xavier Rhodes. I wanted Munnerlyn back but after he signed elsewhere, I thought it was imperative to re-sign Newman. He is a great team guy too.

Right on! Unless and until you have a better option in hand, good re-signing.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

In other news, the Vikes signed Latavius Murray. Meh. We needed to move on from AP but this signing does not excite me. The only good thing I see is that he is a good blocker. 

Dude is 6'3" and 230 lbs!  Averages 4.2 yds / carry career.  Bruiser!  And... he will not wear his customary #28 jersey (which he wore initially because of Fred Taylor of the Jags, then Later AP himself) in Minnesota.

http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/Latavius-Murray-posts-touching-tribute-to-Adrian-Peterson-51800155

Fix your O line.  Both Bradford and he will be fine and compliment each other then.  My take.