Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I guess we know how Peyton feels about Irsay

Hi-Tek

So I guess this means that Peyton will never re-join the Colts in any fashion as long as Irsay is the owner of the team. That is my impression of things with Peyton turning down a front office job offer. This is not good at all. I, along with most of you probably, really believed Peyton would end up in the Colts front office at some point but now I'm not so sure.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the original post.  Manning just retired, his twins are still very young, Eli is still playing, and he is now getting to enjoy some of his alma mater at UT.  He doesn't need the money either so, when he is ready to come back, I think he will.  I just don't think he's ready yet and I don't think he hates Irsay either.  Manning is a sharp guy, he knew the situation when Irsay let him walk.  If he was angry he wouldn't have come back for the reunion tour.  But he did, he seemed pretty happy with it, and I think in due time we'll see 18 back in Indy in some capacity.

Manning is still young as a business professional or executive.  If he doesn't come here, it wasn't meant to be.  There were some things said and done (which is the case within any large business organization) which may still be lingering in ones mind.  Give it time, and if time doesn't heal, then again, it wasn't in the stars.  <<OR>> when Grigson decides to move on or is helped in that notion.

5 minutes ago, Hi-Tek said:

So I guess this means that Peyton will never re-join the Colts in any fashion as long as Irsay is the owner of the team. That is my impression of things with Peyton turning down a front office job offer. This is not good at all. I, along with most of you probably, really believed Peyton would end up in the Colts front office at some point but now I'm not so sure.

hqdefault.jpg

We know nothing.

We don't know if Irsay approached Peyton or Gruden.  We don't know how Peyton feels personally about Irsay. We don't know if Irsay has said anything to Grigson or Pagano, one way or the other.

But we certainly know how to speculate and to believe any unsubstantiated rumor, no matter who it comes from.   

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I know some disagree, but I believe, it very well could be, that Manning declined because of Irsay.

I don't think so, you could be right, but I don't think so.  I think if Manning was REALLY still sore at Irsay there is NO WAY he comes back for the 10 year anniversary.  None.  Manning is a very sharp guy.  He knew the situation.  He himself didn't even know if he could come back.  He knew what was sitting there in replacement.  Give Manning a little more credit.

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I dont think he's "sore" at Irsay. But rather that Irsay is a somewhat unstable individual . One who he would prefer not to get involved with.

I could believe that more than he's just upset with being let go earlier.  Irsay does seem to be a bit of a basket case.

32 minutes ago, Hi-Tek said:

Over react much?

40 minutes ago, Hi-Tek said:

WT** are you talking about???? This had to do with Manning wanting to much % of the team... For all of you who believe 18 isn't a greedy guy or as some would call it "Biz savy" you're delusional. There is no way I'd pay Manning 5-10 mil a year for a prez of football job and give him 10% or more of an Organization worth close to a Billion or more. if you think manning would accept anything less than 10%(prob more) than again you sir are delusional.

29 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Peyton didn't do it because he wasn't ready. JMV reported it a week or so ago. Had nothing to do with Irsay.

JMV is usually dead on, however, he is saying that the 3 all met last weekend in Houston which is after he reported Manning said he wasn't ready and that initial discussions actually occured in November.  If Manning didn't think he was ready it seems strange to me that these talks continued up until last saturday at least.  Bob Kravitz in the article he wrote yesterday flat out said there were negotiations with Manning. Maybe they were negotiating for on down the line? 

1 hour ago, Hi-Tek said:

B.S.

1 hour ago, Green_Ranger said:

Never say never, but the guy just retired and probably wants to enjoy some time away from football. I think we will see Manning back in Indianapolis at some point, but probably not for a couple more years.

Agree. Besides, let's give Peyton some time with his kids. He deserves it. Hopefully he'll be back in the fold in time. My hope at this point at least. 

Manning's feelings about Irsay has little to do with it in my opinion.  It's common sense really.  The man just retired and wants some time to breathe.  Irsay's timing is off. Colts franchise is not in a good state right now. Give Peyton a few years to enjoy his life and explore his heart a little.  Then revisit that conversation with him.

3 hours ago, Hi-Tek said:

Nothing to do with the irsays. Peyton wants a stake in the ownership. A request like that takes a lot of negotiation

4 hours ago, Hi-Tek said:

Dear God...

4 hours ago, Hi-Tek said:

So I guess this means that Peyton will never re-join the Colts in any fashion as long as Irsay is the owner of the team. That is my impression of things with Peyton turning down a front office job offer. 

No, it doesn't mean that at all...I think the fact that they seriously discussed it means it WILL happen some  day.

The situation just was not right...right now