Dwayne Allen OUT multiple weeks

TKnight24

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew it. I said it the second they resigned him. The dude is made of glued together pieces fragile glass. Outside of 1 healthy season, he ends up riding the bench a majority of every season. Fleener wasn't as good but dang Fleener was durable and dependable. And he just had 2 very good back to back games in NO. But "allen is the more complete tight end". 

37 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Good thing we paid him all that money to play 

I know; I know. SW1 always defends Dwayne Allen, but even I must admit his lack of availability since he's been here is troublesome & getting harder & harder for me to make excuses for or give #83 a pass on. 

You've got me dead to rights MD. I will own that. He's finally starting to make plays consistently in games & then he gets nicked again AKA Bob Sanders clone. Sigh...

26 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Now we'll see how skilled Jack Doyle is.  

Good point. Doyle is a shining star at the TE spot who blocks, catches, & finds the end zone. Praise Jesus! 

I know; I know. Don't oversell it or jinx Jack for crying out loud. Touche.

45 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

honestly...only a sprain?  sounds like 2-3 weeks.  that's a step up from....

glass.jpg

I remember the scene in unbreakable where Mr. Glass falls down the steps in the subway and pretty much breaks every bone in his body, as morbid as it was I couldn't help but laugh. Something about his character in that movie cracks me up.  Yes, Dwayne Allen is starting to remind me of him.........

56 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

honestly...only a sprain?  sounds like 2-3 weeks.  that's a step up from....

glass.jpg

That is a very good movie BTW. ['UnBreakable' where your quote came from LO] Bruce Willis & Samuel L. Jackson are the best.

Bruce is very good at whispering with intensity & a master at eye contact which he learned from the late Paul Newman on the set of "Nobody's Fool." Sorry for the detour there. My bad. haha

Like M-432 said so eloquently above, Allen does seem to be if not fragile then on IR a lot. 

I don't know why there isn't anyone talking about Swoope. He had a good game last night and looked good. With this injury we will see more of Doyle (which is a beast) and see what Swoope can do. He seems to be developing in his position very well and look forward to seeing if he can keep it up in the time he is given to play.

13 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I remember the scene in unbreakable where Mr. Glass falls down the steps in the subway and pretty much breaks every bone in his body, as morbid as it was I couldn't help but laugh. Something about his character in that movie cracks me up.  Yes, Dwayne Allen is starting to remind me of him.........

Uh huh. I keep visualizing Jackson's character's cane shatter into a million pieces like Allen's future prospects. Harsh, but truthful my friend. That's why I like you M-432, you tell it like it is with no exaggeration or embellishment. 

I like Allen. I really do, but the dude is never on the field. Oh look, he back. Crap. Oh, there he goes again. See you in week 12 Dwayne. You have to laugh to keep from crying man. LOL! 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. I keep visualizing Jackson's character's cane shatter into a million pieces like Allen's future prospects. Harsh, but truthful my friend. That's why I like you M-432, you tell it like it is with no exaggeration or embellishment. 

I like Allen. I really do, but the dude is never on the field. Oh look, he back. Crap. Oh, there he goes again. See you in week 12 Dwayne. You have to laugh to keep from crying man. LOL! 

Yeah same here I like Allen also and was hoping he would have a break out year.  He had a solid rookie campaign then it's just been all downhill from there.  He's a very expensive TE who doesn't play and when he has played, doesn't perform well.  

Sprained ankle doesn't sound very long. Maybe a game or two. Hopefully not a big deal.

If it's a high ankle sprain , they are often around 6 weeks ....

Yeah, I'm hopeful that it's not. I know the high ankle sprains keep people out a long time. Hopefully it's not that

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

If it's a high ankle sprain , they are often around 6 weeks ....

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Yeah, I'm hopeful that it's not. I know the high ankle sprains keep people out a long time. Hopefully it's not that

Might well be.  I mean, how many times did you or a friend get an MRI when the 'rolled their ankle, like playing basketball and landing on someones foot?  They taped him up and next day went for an MRI.  Sometimes a hairline fracture shows up on high ankle sprains, requiring further rehab.  They don't usually show until 1.5-2 weeks after the original injury too.

Colts are tight lipped about extent of injuries.  Have to search for clues.  Mine is an MRI thus high chance of high ankle sprain.

43 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Can we just trade him already before it's too late? JD is giving us the exact same production and he stays healthy. Should be able to get at least 4th for him.

A 4th?  I wouldn't count on it.

I like Jack Doyle. He's a much better receiving tight end than stiff as a board Allen but his pass blocking last night was downright pitiful.  He was in on and a big reason we took the sack on the 4th and 1 and our last 3rd down in OT.... Whiffed miserably on one and didn't even block his man on the other...  Please stop using Doyle in max protect. He's looked completely lost. He needs to be out on a pattern on EVERY pass play. Dumb stuff like that is why our coaches should be fired.  Why in the hell do we keep running max protection with like only 2 receivers out running routes???  Our success rate on those plays is atrocious. I understand we were down to 2 healthy receivers. That would make one think that it would be a necessity to have our best receiving tight end out running patterns too... I like Doyle running patterns against most safeties and linebackers. Pass protecting???  Not so much after what I saw last night. 

1 hour ago, gacoop1 said:

Hope Irsay is reading these comments, or is he too drunk too care....That's the only way to escape reality, and the reality is the team suck.

Irsay really doesn't care. He made that very clear when he extended both Chuck & Grigson. You just can't keep both. They don't coexist, people need to understand you cannot force chemistry. Everyone in the world isn't meant to get along

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Irsay really doesn't care. He made that very clear when he extended both Chuck & Grigson. You just can't keep both. They don't coexist, people need to understand you cannot force chemistry. Everyone in the world isn't meant to get along

Irsay don't care? Nonsense.