Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts win a game?

jim scheurich

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think this thread should be closed.

I find it beyond insulting.

This question is asked after one game.      One.

Of all the threads that get locked up here,   here's one that should be easy.

Respectfully,  I submit it should be Locked.

I agree, this Thread is comical! We will win Sunday and that will shut the naysayers up! I also think Texans will lose to the Chiefs.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, this Thread is comical! We will win Sunday and that will shut the naysayers up! I also think Texans will lose to the Chiefs.

Honestly.....       I'm expecting us to lose Sunday.

But all that means is that we're 0-2 for the 3rd straight year.

We started 0-2 last year and we started 0-2 in 2014 and that year we won 11 games,  won the South and went to the AFC Championship.

So,   I'm not worried about starting 0-2.

But threads like this I think make it harder on everyone else to enjoy the website.    

They don't help,  they hurt the fan experience.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly.....       I'm expecting us to lose Sunday.

But all that means is that we're 0-2 for the 3rd straight year.

We started 0-2 last year and we started 0-2 in 2014 and that year we won 11 games,  won the South and went to the AFC Championship.

So,   I'm not worried about starting 0-2.

But threads like this I think make it harder on everyone else to enjoy the website.    

They don't help,  they hurt the fan experience.

Point well taken, I agree but I think we will win. You will be pleasantly surprised come Sunday. I had the Jets winning tonight so off to a good start. Decker is on my Fantasy team and he is putting up huge numbers. I have Luck as my QB and won last week too.

5 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

I would say a good chance of a 2 win season judging with their schedule.  The other winnable game i can see is the last game of the season with the Jaguars playing at home.  Can we say 2-14 and 2nd pick in the 2017 NFL draft......

As horrible as that would be it would guarantee numb nuts Grigson fired and Pagano too plus a shot at a fantastic pass rusher 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think this thread should be closed.

I find it beyond insulting.

This question is asked after one game.      One.

Of all the threads that get locked up here,   here's one that should be easy.

Respectfully,  I submit it should be Locked.

I was just generalizing "win a game". Colts will win some games this year. After one game I see a lot of the same thing as last year. Cant stop the run. Cant run the ball cause they are 20 pts. behind. Weak overall on Defense. Truth hurts, but accurate.

Since James the Colts have not had a running game so the question is, why not? Please, no one reply with an Adai argument as he sucked as well. Go back years and try to find a defense, there is not one. So the GM nd owner must not give a ####. How else would anyone explain this very long drought?

You ask this after one game. A game where we lost a squeaker against a solid team who are on form. When we also had about half of our starting defense injured. And the offense largely performed better than I've seen them perform in a long time.

Okaaaay...

I still refuse to see game 1 as a bad game. We played well and went down valiantly.

44 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

I was just generalizing "win a game". Colts will win some games this year. After one game I see a lot of the same thing as last year. Cant stop the run. Cant run the ball cause they are 20 pts. behind. Weak overall on Defense. Truth hurts, but accurate.

Did you even watch the game?! wasn't a problem stopping the run, it was the quick passes to the RBs and missed tackling. A lot of missed tackles. 

10 hours ago, FACE REALITY said:

they can win a game even with their poor talent level if,

1. they can stop the run

2.run the ball

3.protect luck

4.pressure the qb

5. linebackers can stop the short pass.

6.we complete the short pass "catch and run"

Yup we need to tackle and keep yac down. And keep blocking for luck 

10 hours ago, jim scheurich said:

I'm tired of making excuses. Time to man up. At some point in time you have to go out and prove to yourself you can do it. I think that time has come for the entire franchise.

I'm tired of self entitled fans who add nothing to the discussion, but you don't see me starting threads about it.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Since James the Colts have not had a running game so the question is, why not? Please, no one reply with an Adai argument as he sucked as well. Go back years and try to find a defense, there is not one. So the GM nd owner must not give a ####. How else would anyone explain this very long drought?

Addai definitely didn't suck, Couch QB

... and all these people that think they know it all, that think the Colts should win every down in every game, that always have something to say so passionately about players or the team and act like it's just sooooooo easy to win...

i would love to see a picture of them, watch them run, watch them throw a ball & watch them catch, and I feel like that would answer so much for me as to why they think and act like they do.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

For one thing Addai did not suck. He wasn't ask to be a ground pounder. His job was to block for Manning and catch passes out of the backfield. That is something he did very well.

If you think Irsay and or Grigson don't care then you have a very poor perspective of reality.