Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts win a game?

jim scheurich

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I'm tired of self entitled fans who add nothing to the discussion, but you don't see me starting threads about it.

They add plenty of complaining and whining. Instead of looking at the big picture and trying to debate the issues it's easier to sit in their negative world and cry.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For one thing Addai did not suck. He wasn't ask to be a ground pounder. His job was to block for Manning and catch passes out of the backfield. That is something he did very well.

If you think Irsay and or Grigson don't care then you have a very poor perspective of reality.

Gotta love the "Grigson doesn't care about (fill in the blanks here)" folks, as if his entire livelihood doesn't depend on him caring about each and every aspect of this team. They've taken a RB in each of the past 2 drafts, and waited until later rounds or UDFA to try and find some good value, because fans would lose their minds if we actually took a blue chip RB in the 1st round. And just like clockwork, fans now complain that we don't have an elite rushing attack.

We are bad on defense right now with the absurd amount of injuries , but as a team we're still better than the 0-16 Lions. When healthy this is a 10+ win team. But if Vontae, Butler, T.J. and any other DB get hurt or somehow keep missing games, and if the pass rush doesn't improve, I can see us winning between 6-8 games and missing the playoffs.

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For one thing Addai did not suck. He wasn't ask to be a ground pounder. His job was to block for Manning and catch passes out of the backfield. That is something he did very well.

If you think Irsay and or Grigson don't care then you have a very poor perspective of reality.

Yeah your right he didn't suck.

Addai wasn't a bad runner either. 1000 yards as a rookie and shared carries with Rhodes.

14 hours ago, jim scheurich said:

I'm tired of making excuses. Time to man up. At some point in time you have to go out and prove to yourself you can do it. I think that time has come for the entire franchise.

Dear Troll...I think you actually wanted to spell your name Jim Schlereth but you dont have access to Google or know how to spell.

To answer your lame question...not looking good. Im thinking we will win one maybe in the 2030 season. Its going to be a long 14 years.

12 minutes ago, digroute88 said:

I knew a guy that worked at a gas station on the west side of Indy . He said " Addai came in once a week at least and bought a carton of cigarettes . Yikes ! 

I didn't know Joe was a smoker but Larry Bird smoked like a chimney when he was a player.

It does seem strange even more so for a basketball player.

5 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

You ask this after one game. A game where we lost a squeaker against a solid team who are on form. When we also had about half of our starting defense injured. And the offense largely performed better than I've seen them perform in a long time.

Okaaaay...

I still refuse to see game 1 as a bad game. We played well and went down valiantly.

This^ After the slow 1st quarter, the offense turned it up, way up. AL was as good as he has ever been for us, and that's coming off of a long layoff. Now if we can get the D to gets their * straight, we could be a real overall threat. But regardless I'll reserve any judgement on the season till there has been enough football played to do so. JMO

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes he did suck.

5 hours ago, jim scheurich said:

I was just generalizing "win a game". Colts will win some games this year. After one game I see a lot of the same thing as last year. Cant stop the run. Cant run the ball cause they are 20 pts. behind. Weak overall on Defense. Truth hurts, but accurate.

Truth does hurt & if you want the truth instead of trolling then here you are .

You base your opinion off 1 game that we lost by 2 point in the closing seconds comparing it to an entire year that is asinine .

The Colts had 8 wins last season with out Luck due to injury 1 game out of the playoffs 2015 was better than 2011.

Luck had 4 td's no interceptions 

The Colts with Peyton Manning had the same issues the defense could'nt stop the run & offense did'nt run that well . 

Our defense that was 32'nd in 2006 went on to win a Superbowl .

These issues plagued Manning & now Luck but both have overcome them .

Both have overcome 20 or more point deficits to win .

Your attempt to generalize if thats what you want to call it is what's weak.

Your ability to spells Colts correctly is the only accuracy in anything you'v posted here congrats .

How easy it is to forget with Peyton Manning on the field our team always had a chance to win we saw that in 2011 , that is what gave us the opportunity to draft Andrew Luck  it is an inconvenient truth for your so called accuracy .

Frank Gore had 967 yards rushing last season more than any Colts RB since Addai . There is a running game & it will get better the Colts started slow but the offense got better & so did the defense ,

What we have here is a failure to communicate & You cannot handle the truth .

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Gotta love the "Grigson doesn't care about (fill in the blanks here)" folks, as if his entire livelihood doesn't depend on him caring about each and every aspect of this team. They've taken a RB in each of the past 2 drafts, and waited until later rounds or UDFA to try and find some good value, because fans would lose their minds if we actually took a blue chip RB in the 1st round. And just like clockwork, fans now complain that we don't have an elite rushing attack.

And that superstar RB from Alabama that we traded a first rounder for to Cleveland? How did that work out? Getting suckered by the Browns is below the border. Solution -grab a 32 year old car wash attendant #23.