Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne officially calls it quits

RockThatBlue

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Indy should consider bringing him on as a WRs coach soon.

If he wants to do it, I agree.  There is a lot of knowledge about being a receiver in that brain of his and I believe he would be a steadying influence on the young receivers.

Just now, aaron11 said:

I'd say he hits the beach for a while, rather than either, but you never know

Yea definitely that lol. i think he loves the game too much not to come back to it at some point though, so i can easily seeing him come back and being a WR coach. i dont think he cares much to pursue a career in media or want to a HC.. maybe OC at most but i can see him genuinely wanting to be a WR coach for a while.

I hope he comes and teaches our WRs how to get some separation!!

Just now, ricker182 said:

My favorite Colts receiver of all time (Sorry Marv).  

Best of luck to Reggie.  

Hopefully he comes back to the Colts to help out.  

Congrats on a great, HOF worthy, career.  

I know you're reading this.

still got the pic from his superhuman game against packers as my avi :) 

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Indy should consider bringing him on as a WRs coach soon.

With zero experience? With all the new coaches being put in place one of the main subjects was experience. I don't mean that as a negative hit on Reggie but he would need some coaching assistance position first.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

With zero experience? With all the new coaches being put in place one of the main subjects was experience. I don't mean that as a negative hit on Reggie but he would need some coaching assistance position first.

Not to mention I don't believe the Colts fired the recievers coach.  Reggie could maybe be his assistant if both sides want that.

I found it hilarious and disturbing when Pats fans would mock him for not staying in New England and saying that he didnt work hard enough for a championship team.

He won a championship himself (and beat them to get there) so he knew the hard work. It just gets to a point where its too much for his age...

I really hope he comes to coach the Wide Receivers.

All he ever did was play ball. He was not a diva. He did not talk smack. He just went out and became one of the top 10 receivers of all time, and at a time when Marvin was the number one. Never heard him complain once. Canton awaits!

What will I miss the most though? The arrival to Colts training camp and the mode of arrival!

Lol for those saying he has no experience as a coach so bad idea to be a wr coach? Who the hell you think helped develop Hilton? Like cmon guy has played the position being a wr coach isn't the same as being a HC teaching fundamentals of running routes and how to catch isn't hard for a guy some of the Top ten in history of WR in certain categories