Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano-Grigson Rift/Pagano to be coaching elsewhere next year [Mega-merge]

TKnight24

Another blowout loss to the Pats and the only thing that might save Pagano would be a SB win.  IMO, he's a super nice guy, just don't know that he's the guy to get the job done here.  This is starting to look like a repeat of the Manning years, the wins pile up but there is very little to show for it when it's all said and done. 

It's terribly frustrating to see this team come out week after week and lay a giant turd on the field to start these games.  They rarely look prepared, and don't snap out of it until they are behind the eight ball, and sometimes (like today) that is just way too late.

Obviously, some credit needs to go to Rex Ryan and the Bills for coming out and handing it to the Colts today, they get paid to do their jobs too.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Pagano brings to the colts?

Defensive coach? Defense still awful.

Brings nothing to the offense.

And doesn't prepare them much.

He's toast. Grigson may survive another season but he's responsible for not getting the OL and DL enough talent.  I'm tired of Grigson signing aging vets at WR and under sized DL.

He's toast. Grigson may survive another season but he's responsible for not getting the OL and DL enough talent. I'm tired of Grigson signing aging vets at WR and under sized DL.

dline did thier job the linebackers Jackson and freemen were very horrible the line got tired cuz the off couldn't do squat... The def gave us so many chances

He has been a disappointment thus far as far as our defense is concerned.  So this wouldn't really sadden me.  He was brought in to build a Ravenesque defensive monster.  Yet it has maintained the same marshmellowy softness it has always had.

why blame Pagano? Grigson is building the roster, and the roster is full of mediocre defensive players.

This is their year to show they can actually dramatically improve the defense and OL.

If they don't Irsay needs to move on from Pagano unless he wants these issues to keep continuing. I also believe they should allow Jimmy Raye more influence on the draft picks and free agent signings. Grigson can't always draft offensive skill players.

I hate to see these years with Luck while he is still young go without a championship and right now with their current defense I don't see how that's possible.

why blame Pagano? Grigson is building the roster, and the roster is full of mediocre defensive players.

Don't get it twisted. I'm not feeling Griggson very much either.  They both may need to kick rocks if things don't get better.  Difference is Griggson already got an extension whereas Pagano's is still up in the air. 

But he doesn't protect his QB's. He has left a trail of injured quarterback from Cleveland to Arizona. Indy was fortunate Luck survived his lone year under Arians.

I'm not sure it's possible for Luck to get hit any more than he already does, he has been the most hit QB in the NFL since he entered the league in 2012.

Honestly, I'm not really sure this is all on Pagano. If it's true per the report that he wanted Chud as the offensive coordinator and didn't get it, he could be in a puppet type of situation that Jim Caldwell was in. And apparently he has zero say in personnel choices. Tough to build a monster defense when you can't get the guys you want. I'm not so sure it would be better if the Colts got a new head coach. Grigson will still continue to ignore the defense and try to get nobody's and expect that a coaching staff can turn them into elite players.

Mr. Irsay if your reading this and Pagano is really leaving next year...how about considering Kliff Kingsbury from Texas Tech. I like having a new fresh feeling of a coach in his 30s coaching the Colts. It would be like Mike Tomlin when he first got hired for the Steelers. I think the Colts need that type of coach that know how the players feel and way of thinking for the Colts. Nothing serious but just food for thoughts

The D needs to get better for sure, but there were some positives from the rookies.

The Colts did not look ready to play on offense, maybe that is Pep's fault, but it is Pagano's responsibility.

Mr. Irsay if your reading this and Pagano is really leaving next year...how about considering Kliff Kingsbury from Texas Tech. I like having a new fresh feeling of a coach in his 30s coaching the Colts. It would be like Mike Tomlin when he first got hired for the Steelers. I think the Colts need that type of coach that know how the players feel and way of thinking for the Colts. Nothing serious but just food for thoughts

Pagano is known for being a player's coach.  How would hiring a college coach with no NFL experience who is a player's coach be any better?  

Maybe it's time to quit going with a coach who knows how the players feel, and go with a coach who can have them ready to perform on Sunday.

I don't think knowing how the players feel is Pagano's problem, if anything that is one of his strengths ... someone how knows X's and O's and how to scheme using the strengths of his players and weaknesses of opponents is what is lacking. 

Pagano is known for being a player's coach?  How would hiring a college coach with no NFL experience who is a player's coach be any better?  

Maybe it's time to quit going with a coach who knows how the players feel, and go with a coach who can have them ready to perform on Sunday.

beat me to it ... lol

I don't think Irsay has said it publicly but I think in a way, Pagano is on the Hot seat, If this year bears the same inconsistencies and same performances against the Pats like last year, I believe Pagano is gonna be gone. I think this is his prove it year. And honestly I hope it is. He's a great guy as a person and I'm sure he knows football very well. But I just dont know he has the ingredients to be a successfull head coach.

Broken. Regardless of what happens, changes have to be made. I stay grounded in reality, it kept me from being angry watching my team lead to slaughter like that. Rex Ryan used us to launch the career of T Taylor, knowing fully aware of not only what, but how to expose us in every faucet of the gameplan. Which is clearly our kryptonite. NE knows it, PIT knows it, heck, ARI & DAL know it. All those teams share something in common. Coaching that understands the real difference between Brady & Peyton is the help they were given by the front office.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over & expecting different results. So how many A Luck rings will management waste? One ring.........three? Oh yeah, let us not forget, A Luck hasn't decided to be our franchise QB yet. Can you imagine what kind of deal an owner like J Jones would put together for Luck. Anyway, i digress, just feel really let down today.  

"I don't think Irsay has said it publicly but I think in a way, Pagano is on the Hot seat."

Let me let you in on a secret, coaching is a hot seat. No coach just gets a pass for losing. Ever look up what C Pagano's record is outside of the worse division in football, & without the games B Ariens won him? His seat would have melted already imo. Question, so what's that Chudinski guy from CLE do?

Going to be a long season...we are too talented to play this poorly though. I thought this was a horrible idea to let a coach go into the season a lame duck with no extension....only time I saw that work I think was coughin in NY...hopefully we can have that happen here. This stuff either brings a team together or tears them apart...time to see what kind of men we have on this squad.

Going to be a long season...we are too talented to play this poorly though. I thought this was a horrible idea to let a coach go into the season a lame duck with no extension....only time I saw that work I think was coughin in NY...hopefully we can have that happen here. This stuff either brings a team together or tears them apart...time to see what kind of men we have on this squad.

I wish the colts were too talented for this kind of game to happen, but they aren't.

Pep needs to be fired.  It seems like our offense is always struggling to get open when we have so many weapons and an elite QB.  Its time for him to be replace.  He's on the Hot Seat before any other coaches.  Our offense was so much more efficient when we had bruce arians.  Bring in a real Offensive Coordinator.

WOW,Every year we move one step closer to the superbowl but that just isnt enough for most people. 

I know he is part of the problem but it is not not the time to hash and reshash that

Just because you advance one more round in a lose and go home format doesn't mean your are a better team.

If Pagano does leave, I want our next coach to have some fire in em ! 

People are always screaming for fire.  I think it's because people want to see someone screaming and yelling at players like they are at their TV at home.  Frankly Chuck does have fire in him if you watch him and I think that's part of the problem.  They are undisciplined and that reflects him.  I also think "fire" only gets you so far.  If you are always screaming and yelling then players stop listening.  I remember Mathis talking about it during the 2-14 season when someone asked him something about Caldwell being too calm and him saying something to the effect of "People need to remember we are grown men out there.  We know when we screw up and we don't need another man yelling at us about it.  That's not going to fix the problem"