Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Curran's quick (homer) glance at the Pats-Colts matchup

HarassedOffTheSite

So we have three to four impressive wins over Den, SF, Sea, and KC.

How many impressive wins did the Pats have? One? Against Denver? Or I guess two against NO.

If I was NE I'd be afraid.

Comeback wins aren't impressive to this guy. So the Patriots have no impressive wins this season.

Its 'analysis' like this that makes big wins feel that much more special. 

Tom really comes off as a guy that's unimpressed with the Colt's, thinks they suck, and feels like last years regular season game carries alot of meaning, when it doesn't. 

This is not to say the Colts will win, as Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck are both great,  but I think Tom forgets the Colts seem to play their best games when they are looking up at a challenge, and not when they are looking down. 

This game and this team is not some team you say is 'best case scenario'.

They also nearly lost to the Browns at home, lost to Geno Smith, got all they could handle in Houston and so on and so on.......needed a lot of calls as well to get by the Saints on the game winning drive etc.

But, in typical media fashion this will be built up as being the 2007 Patriots all week as if they are perfectly healthy and 16-0 while setting records and we are crud puppies crawling in being lucky to be able to play against them and share the same field.

And no these are not the same teams as last year and we have actual playoff experience now.

Tom Curran is a huge Pats homer.  I'm just worried our defensive players don't end up with a Brady cleat to the knee. 

brady-ninja-1-20-13_original.gif?1358732

I know Brady doesn't have playoff plans after next weekend, but we have a conference championship and Super Bowl to win and not having anymore injuries would be great

I accept his analysis as a Pats fan. Its been an up and down year performance wise for the Colts but will say they never quit. Hope this was a wake up call. They cannot make the mistakes they made against the Pats like we witnessed yesterday and expect any kind of chance to win. Execute, execute, execute! This team can beat anybody

does he want a list of guys we lost.

lol... We didn't have anything to do with the Chief's injured players (they hurt themselves with careless play or ran into each other). I'm certainly not worried about what happened LAST YEAR... The Pat's are just one more stop on our way to NYC. Any given Sunday (or Saturday) folks...

Just remember... Three Little Birds "Every little thing gonna be all right" ... 

This Colts team can beat ANYBODY.  It all depends on not making the same kind of ugly defensive mistakes they made in the first half of yesterday's game.

That's what this Patriots game is going to come down to, can the defense play well enough to give the Colts a chance. Because there isn't going to be a 28 point comeback in foxborough if they fall behind early. The defense needs to put pressure on Brady and force turnovers. If the game is close in the 4th quarter then I like our chances, but we'll have to play good football for 60 minutes to have an opportunity to win the game.

Yes Curran is a homer, that's obvious as he is looking through rose colored glasses.  As the saying goes, be careful what you ask for.  You got the Colts and they will be there at kickoff playing loose and wild but with character and discipline.  After yesterday, nothing can phase the Colts. Actually I wanted San Diego to win so we can play the Pats first for multiple reasons.  One is I don't want to the Colts to eliminate Peyton Manning unless it is the last resort, that means I would rather eliminate the Pats first, then the Bronco's.  If we don't win it all, I hope Manning does.

You gotta hand it to Patriot fans, they still act as though they are the class of the NFL, but they haven't won a Superbowl in 10 years and post- Spygate. 

I applaud that they can consistently beat Miami, Buffalo, and the NY Jets, but they don't exactly strike fear in teams outside of the AFC East anymore.  

Tom Curran is a huge Pats homer.  I'm just worried our defensive players don't end up with a Brady cleat to the knee. 

brady-ninja-1-20-13_original.gif?1358732

I know Brady doesn't have playoff plans after next weekend, but we have a conference championship and Super Bowl to win and not having anymore injuries would be great

LOL. If Brady does that to Laron Landry, Landry ain't jumping over Brady, he is jumping on him :).

You gotta hand it to Patriot fans, they still act as though they are the class of the NFL, but they haven't won a Superbowl in 10 years and post- Spygate. 

I applaud that they can consistently beat Miami, Buffalo, and the NY Jets, but they don't exactly strike fear in teams outside of the AFC East anymore.  

Certainly not this year with the injuries and lack of weapons on offense, but give the Pats credit for continually finding ways to win. Belichick and Brady keep limping their team along.