Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I like bishop. But I also like Cooper. I see a good chance of doubling up defensively. Either are needs in my opinion. I think cooper has the higher potential. I could also see an attempts trading up for someone at the top of the round they really like since they preserved the capital with an unsuccessful attempt last night.
  3. not sure but didn’t we do the same with Nelson with minimal interaction pre-draft ?
  4. You viewed Turner as best? You’ve been unsure of him for a while. I was curious last night what your thoughts were. We’ve had some discussion on pass rushers. I really didn’t feel that Latu was going to be an option at 15, and wouldn’t be a trade up target over a receiver. I never really engaged much with him as a prospect, I guess for that reason. All the simulations I did showed turner available more and not much of Latu. i would have preferred a trade up for Odunze, but I will never complain about preserving draft capital and taking the first defender of the draft at 15… I think Latu is walking into a great situation defensively. Defensive line has enough pieces that he can be used most effectively and without a ton of pressure early on.
  5. How much DE did Turner play? Didn't he mainly play OLB?
  6. No, he won't. And I'm not a guy who makes definitive statements like this very often. But I think it's plain as day that Aiyuk will be getting a new contract before the season starts, whether it's with the Niners or another team.
  7. I like Jalen Coker as well. He's not as speedy as Franklin or Gould, but then he also has 30 lbs on them.
  8. Both Latu and Turner both have the same draft grade of 84. So the Colts must have saw something they liked better than Turner although Turner is the better athlete.
  9. Obviously the 49ers would have to eat some of the cap
  10. If there's really no way to trade back, I viewed Dallas Turner as the best guy on the board. It's easy to understand why the Colts had Latu ahead of him. I like Byron Murphy also, but we know what the Colts have done at DT already. I guess BTJ would have been my choice, but I never expected the Colts to draft a WR in the first round. Knowing that everyone feels good about the medicals, Latu makes all the sense in the world.
  11. So he is not going to play this year without a new contract? Even in SF?
  12. Who exactly is saying that? that seems...inaccurate I'd be far more concerned if they hadn't talked to his doctors. But Ballard himself said they had a ton of questions for his doctors. And did they really need to have extensive conversations with him about his health since he played 2 years after having the surgery? All of the doctors that have spoken, you know...the guys who are educated on this and do it for a living, have all said there are no injury concerns. The only ones that seem to be concerned about his "injury history" are those that seemingly refuse to believe what those doctors are saying. The same thing was also said about Manning after he had the surgery. Yes, Manning had nerve issues in his shoulder after the surgery, but I don't recall him ever having issues with the neck again. Still, some fans kept saying the same "he's one play away from retirement" that we're seeing now. Yeah, Hunter himself pretty much said as much. But it didn't sound like it was about him not wanting to play in Indy as it was about him wanting to play in Houston, which is where he's from.
  13. I think they've overestimated how much better players get with coaching. I mean, a lot of these guys have been playing football since they were kids and have been coached since then. If the light hasn't come on by the time they get to the NFL why should it all of a sudden happen now? I'm not saying it never happens, because there are numerous examples of it working out, but if a guy has 5 years of college football experience and he's still just relying on being hyper athletic (just an example).... Anyway, let's not let this devolve into Ballard grievances. Go Latu, go Colts!
  14. Paye played a career high 700 snap. He was in a rotation with Ebukam, Dayo, and Lewis. You think he should have played 200 more snaps like Joey Bosa? Bosa had 2 more sacks than Kwity.
  15. Who would you have taken if you were on the clock in the scenario that played out?
  16. For those upset about the pick, he had equal if not better numbers and stats than Bosa. Pick wasn’t sexy like some wanted, but if Latu can get 12+ sacks a season on his own, then it’s a win.
  17. Aiyuk will not play on the fifth year option. You can take that to the bank.
  18. Something else I want to point out - Ballard is running the tightest of ships. The Colts do NOT leak! I swear I've seen mock drafts with the Colts taking half the players in the first round, I don't think I've seen any of the big draft analysts mock Latu to the Colts. It was all Bowers, Mitchell, Worthy... Turner even... Nobody had Latu. This is second year in a row where the media was guessing completely wrong on the Colts pick.
  19. His cap hits if traded aren't bad. 2024 - $23m 2025 - $17.5m
  20. It's hard to make sense of Ballard's results, to date. He goes after athletic freaks, but somehow the usual result is just a solid team from top to bottom. You would think the result would be the opposite. If you're swinging for the fence every time on athletic freaks, you would think it would result in elite difference makers in certain spots, crap in other spots. Instead, it's just this steady, solid team: 9-8 for eternity.
  21. He will be with the Cardinals for at least 5 years.
  22. I think he looked at Rome and Bowers. I think Bowers was the guy he thought may be there on the With The Next Pick
  23. He may have, when Rome was there at 9, I wondered if he and the Bears had any quick chats. Regarding our pick, I am not a big fan of taking a CB in the 1st round anyway as many in here know, unless he appears to be a Deion or Revis type. We can get a good Corner in the 2nd round.
  24. For sure but his cap hit is 28m. That’s a big problem for most teams at this stage. That’s why the 4th rd offers I would think. Would probably need another extension. For me Aiyuk is the perfect player for us given all the circumstances.
  25. After doing hundreds of mocks, if I stayed at 15 and Bowers and Mitchell were gone he was pretty much always the pick. Without the injury he'd be in the Bosa brothers tier
  1. Load more activity