Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players that impressed you

RockThatBlue

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't overly impressed with anyone, to be honest.  No one really jumped off the film.  Locke had a nice punt.  Vontae made a play on the ball. That's about it.  

I will say that Spence must be a much better game player than practice player.  Not sure how he dropped so far on the depth chart.

Natson showed some explosiveness, really is a brave style of returning the ball. He played like he really wanted a spot on the roster.

Wilson as expected showed how raw he is but he has potential. Just a bit worried that it was a rookie he was against today, lets see how he gets on against a Terence Williams caliber of player next.

Nobody in the passing game impressed me. Aiken started early on but made no impact.

The front 7 on D did reasonably well, the defense was beaten in the passing game. The defensive line did well as a whole, as did Walker, Pound Cake and Spence.

Very worried if we have to roll with Scott Tolzien for any game. He has been really erratic so far.

Mitchel and Wylie in big trouble.

Impressed is too much to say but the following passed my eye test: 

1) On offense, Clark, Banner, Natson, Williams, Pope, Wroblewsky

2) On deffense, Woods, McGill, Edwards, Spence, Sheard, Simon, Jackson, Hooker, Wilson, Hairston, George, Ayers.

3) Special teams, Locke

I didn't include established guys like Vinatieri, Davis

On 8/13/2017 at 4:52 PM, RockThatBlue said:

JoJo Natson,TJ Green, Hooker, Quincy Wilson and Pope all impressed me.

Green had some nice plays and I was glad to see that.  Quincy was up and down but showed enough that I am very encouraged.  Hooker showed the range that we have been hearing about.

JoJo looked good, same with Pope.  Bug had some moments and why did Rogers field that punt inside the 5?  Why isn't Morris getting more run at QB?

Just now, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Green had some nice plays and I was gkad to see that.  Quincy was up and down but showed eniugh that I am very encouraged.  Hooker showed the range that we have been hearing about.

JoJo looked good, same with Pope.  Why isn't Morris getting more run QB?

From what I heard Walker out worked SM in practice

Edwin Jackson continued to flash.

Liked what I saw from Anthony Walker. Kid can move and looked comfortable dropping into zone coverages.

Quincy showed his physicality which was good to see. Looked good in his coverage too.

TJ Green showed some chops, he's made improvements.

Pope reminded me a little of Doug Martin low to the ground tough to bring down. Liked him very much. A rare bright spot on offense.

Ty McGill continues to impress me and earn play time.

Not an amazing showing but there were bright spots.

Just now, UKColt13 said:

Edwin Jackson continued to flash.

Quincy showed his physicality which was good to see. Looked good in his coverage too.

TJ Green showed some chops, he's made improvements.

Pope reminded me a little of Doug Martin low to the ground tough to bring down. Liked him very much. A rare bright spot on offense.

Ty McGill continues to impress me and earn play time.

Not an amazing showing but there were bright spots.

I just completely ignored the scoreboard after while and just started looking for players 

Edwin "Poundcake" Jackson is a monster. Hopefully he tones down on celebrating & flexing after every play he makes. You know those refs look for any reason to throw a flag

I liked what I saw from quite a few guys. Natson was somebody I had no idea about, came away liking him. Pope was somebody I'd heard about but now I'm definitely a fan.

Also was happy with Jackson, Hooker, and Wilson.

I don't care how bad he apparently looks in practice, Morris is IMO the 2nd best quarterback on this team.

One guy who totally disappointed me was Tevin Mitchell, had a really bad game.

John Simon. This low key may be the best signing the Colts have all season. He only played two series, but he was RELENTLESS! I may be incorrect, but it looked to me like he's going to be an edge-setting role, which won't be a bad thing. His motor was always running, and even in pass rush situations, he may get to the QB 10+ times this year if the coaches let him.

One thing that blew me away on that INT was how determined he was to GET THAT BALL! Once it hit his hands, no one was getting it, not even his team mates. This guy......will treat us well this season.

Malik Hooker. Wow. I heard the Ed Reed comparisons, and I know it's early, but if he continues to develop, it will happen. That first open field smash he had on the Lions was perfect. The hype is real with this guy imo. Sure, he'll blow a few plays this season, but I have a feeling he's going to seal more than one game for us as well

49 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I liked what I saw from quite a few guys. Natson was somebody I had no idea about, came away liking him. Pope was somebody I'd heard about but now I'm definitely a fan.

Also was happy with Jackson, Hooker, and Wilson.

I don't care how bad he apparently looks in practice, Morris is IMO the 2nd best quarterback on this team.

One guy who totally disappointed me was Tevin Mitchell, had a really bad game.

Agree on Mitchell. He got abused.

Hooker was good to watch, his closing speed is legit. Really wanted to see Mack.

Basham I watched closely for a couple series: One, I didnt know what the D calls were but in obvious passing downs, he seemed to most of the time want to just bull-rush the O-Line. He'd latch on, and just push. Not going to work in the NFL. However, the one time he immediately made a move, it was a phenomenal back side tackle for -1 yards on a dive to the 2 gap opposite side. 

Anyone else curious about this "30 something QB"  who wanted too much cash?  The fact that they didn't want to pay his price makes it seem like they are still at least semi-confident Luck is progressing well, and won't miss much, if any of the reg. season, but the fact they were close enough to bringing a guy in to discuss compensation, makes it seem like they have little, or at least, waning, faith in the non-Luck QB's on the roster.....

3 hours ago, twfish said:

If you didnt notice him its a good thing lol

Hairston, not sure if they are going to try him at slot CB more. Some of the best teams, they are deadly in the slot and line a lot of folks in the slot. If Hooker is FS and Green is SS, Butler is our versatile nickel. I am not comfortable playing 2 rookie CBs. Let us not forget about Melvin, he may not be ready to give up the outside CB position as easily, based on what I have heard.

To be honest, I LOVE Quincy's tackling ability, which also might make him a very good candidate for slot CB because he can jam the smaller wide outs that typically line up in the slot and provide run support better in nickel and dime situations. It is a good problem to have, lots of CBs to mix and match and play in pre-season to find out where they fit best.