Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pitts QB Pickett Surgery, expected to MISS Colts Game!

NewColtsFan

Just saw the headline over in NFL.com. 

Pittsburgh hopes Pickett is back week 18. 

He’s having surgery today on a lower leg for a bad high ankle sprain.  

Since Pitt is a future opponent and it benefits the Colts I thought I’d post this here for more interest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunate for Pickett & the Steelers. However; that game is going to come down to winning the turnover battle & our run defense stopping their 1-2 punch regardless. 

If Watt is out, we should be in a great spot. He is bound to get 1-2 strip sacks on Minshew if he does play 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Since Pitt is a future opponent and it benefits the Colts I thought I’d post this here for more interest. 

Thanks for the report, that is huge news. When we play Pitt, that is a gigantic game.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps the NFL is regretting its decision to flex the Colts-Steelers game to national.

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Perhaps the NFL is regretting its decision to flex the Colts-Steelers game to national.

Only if you are a Steelers fan and don't want to see your behind kicked on National TV. It is time we beat the Steelers by double digits but I will take a W, no matter how it comes. 

Trubisky is tricky, the good thing is we will have 1 game of film on him. Battle of backups for the top wild card seed possibly. 

I would rather not play at Jacksonville in the wild card round, to be honest.

Oddly this could help the Steelers as Pickett is not good.

45 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Unfortunate for Pickett & the Steelers. However; that game is going to come down to winning the turnover battle & our run defense stopping their 1-2 punch regardless. 

If Watt is out, we should be in a great spot. He is bound to get 1-2 strip sacks on Minshew if he does play 

Is Watt hurt or is this wishful thinking?  (I’d understand if it was the later)

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. Trubisky uses his legs better and there is less film on him. We will see. The bigger issue is our OL vs their D. If we hold up and manage to score 20 points, their offense is not potent enough to respond in kind.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Is Watt hurt or is this wishful thinking?  (I’d understand if it was the later)

Watt left the game with an ankle surgery. I didn’t realize he returned & it wasn’t a significant injury.

19 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Pickett is terrible.  Colts might be better off with him in.

Watch his backup come in and have a career day against the Colts !

This was my immediate thought as well. 

Haven’t we already gifted one of those career days to Trubisky somewhere through the years?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Only if you are a Steelers fan and don't want to see your behind kicked on National TV. It is time we beat the Steelers by double digits but I will take a W, no matter how it comes. 

Trubisky is tricky, the good thing is we will have 1 game of film on him. Battle of backups for the top wild card seed possibly. 

I would rather not play at Jacksonville in the wild card round, to be honest.

I like us on the road especially in an OUTDOOR stadium.  I think we’re built for the playoffs.  No matter who it is.  We could be in Jacksonville, Baltimore, KC all outdoor.  Bring it on.   Love our chances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

They didn't flex the game to national coverage.

The game was TBD from the schedule being released.

They did not flex the game out of a time slot.

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

When it comes to the Colts, we can never, ever overlook the Steelers... 

Still ticks me off that we lost to them in 2019... Against Mason Rudolph of all people... Thanks for nothing Brian Hoyer!!!

Yeah, it doesn't matter who is playing. I'm never predicting a win against the Steelers. We are cursed against them. 

As of now, I'm saying  the Colts are going to lose this game lol

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hopefully they lose to the Pats on Thursday 

There's a good chance 

Patriots defense is playing lights out.

Allowed (10,10,6) over the last 3 games. Offense is dreadful.

Held Herbert to 6 points.

This will be a tough one for the Steelers.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

There's a good chance 

Allowed (10,10,6) over the last 3 games. Offense is hurt dreadful

Thats why I’m hoping for a 0-0 tie. 

It would be hilarious for the title of “worst game ever played in professional football” to be associated with the two franchises I loathe the most. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, w87r said:

There's a good chance 

Allowed (10,10,6) over the last 3 games. Offense is hurt dreadful

Yea, but the patriots offense is no better. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the score is like 9-6

• Like 1

Honestly, Pickett=Trubisky really. This is one of the few teams where the QB dropoff from the starter to the backup doesn't mean much. I'd rather face Pickett probably as I've seen Trubisky step up randomly in certain games. He's done it for the Bills and Bears (especially that 6 TD game).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s not an upgrade or downgrade. They are about the same.

Hopefully on a short week patriots will pull a miracle on Thursday night.  With Steelers injuries maybe it’s possible.

I was just gonna say.. they are the same exact player hahah. 

Only thing that scares me about the Steelers is the name

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Pickett is terrible.  Colts might be better off with him in.

Watch his backup come in and have a career day against the Colts !

He didn't fare too bad against our D last year if my memory serves me right

• Like 2

Other than not ending the opening day loss streak  and the continued ineptitude in Jacksonville, we have beaten Tennessee twice, the dreaded Patriots and now the other circled date against the despised Steelers. We have to find a way at beating them while still having at least 60% of Lucas Oil filled with Colt’s fans!! 

while I’m typing, the bengals look good on offense and porous on D

• Like 1

Pickett is a poor QB.  He doesn't have the ability to even get through his reads, because he's a guy who focuses on the rush.  So if you can move him off his spot his game disintegrates.

Trubitsky also struggles to read the field and makes bad decisions.  But he's been waiting for this chance, so there's a chance we get the "bad QB playing with nothing to lose" thing, which can be very annoying.

I'd rather see Pickett, personally.  Though it's splitting hairs.  Also and by the way how do they expect Pickett to return week 18 if he is going to get surgery.  I'm no doctor but high ankle sprains are nasty and can dog a player a long time in a season, so I don't get how he can be operated on and return quickly.  Sounds fishy

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Other than not ending the opening day loss streak  and the continued ineptitude in Jacksonville, we have beaten Tennessee twice, the dreaded Patriots and now the other circled date against the despised Steelers. We have to find a way at beating them while still having at least 60% of Lucas Oil filled with Colt’s fans!! 

while I’m typing, the bengals look good on offense and porous on D

Bengals offense will be a problem  for us if we don't stop the run and be physical  with their wrs

We may have to worry about the back-up in Cincy - he did a pretty good job tonight winning over the Jags. (Jake Browning) but I see they have AJ McCarron as the next back-up and he's no slack.  Cincy looked better than their record!  Gotta be ready for whoever!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, Pickett=Trubisky really. This is one of the few teams where the QB dropoff from the starter to the backup doesn't mean much. I'd rather face Pickett probably as I've seen Trubisky step up randomly in certain games. He's done it for the Bills and Bears (especially that 6 TD game).

Trubisky " has done it for the Bill"???? Please explain. I think he passed for a total of 48 yards and his QBR was 47 for the year was with Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Trubisky " has done it for the Bill"???? Please explain. I think he passed for a total of 48 yards and his QBR was 47 for the year was with Buffalo.

I mean he was able to fill in for Josh Allen. Obviously most of his good games were on the Bears, quit nitpicking because you hate me so much.