Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minshew is terrible

bleed blue4life

20 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Do you honestly believe a team would give up a day 2 pick for Minshew?  Honestly?

Hint  - no team would make that offer. 

We could probably get a 4th out of him. He is a great backup and really hasn't been that bad. He is average (can move an offense at times), and can get a team by in a pinch as a starter for a few games. I agree with you though, there is 0% chance we could get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He put touch on the ball when needed. And zipped it when needed.  He pump faked the db when Hopkins did the double moves and threw a great pass under pressure for the last td.   It was a lot more than having Hopkins.  

Your right. I saw the game.

He looked like a young Joe Montana out there.

In complete command of the offense.

He threw for 4 tds today and carried that titans team on his shoulders. 

I'm very sorry 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I'm very sorry 

Levis is the 🐐. Never forget.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I'm very sorry 

He's the greatest to ever play the game...pass the mayo

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Meanwhile Levi's stock went up pretty high today. All 3; Jim, Shane and Ballard had their crush on AR potential. If he comes back from injury an gets so again; will set the franchise back for years at QB position.

I said it way before the season started that I wouldn't be surprised if 3 or all 4 QB prospects made it in the nfl. .....its still of course way to early to know for sure. 

Regardless if the colts would have had Stroud, Levis, or AR5 fall to them they probably would have been ok.at the position moving forward. Probably Young too. 

The problem with the colts isn't which QB they landed but more of them being the colts and questionable moves at management and coaching, roster building etc....

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I said it way before the season started that I wouldn't be surprised if 3 or all 4 QB prospects made it in the nfl. .....its still of course way to early to know for sure. 

Regardless if the colts would have had Stroud, Levis, or AR5 fall to them they probably would have been ok.at the position moving forward. Probably Young too. 

The problem with the colts isn't which QB they landed but more of them being the colts and questionable moves at management and coaching, roster building etc....

Unfortunately our quarterback might be injury prone.  I hope not.  But we really won’t know until next year.  That’s concerning.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could probably get a 4th out of him. He is a great backup and really hasn't been that bad. He is average (can move an offense at times), and can get a team by in a pinch as a starter for a few games. I agree with you though, there is 0% chance we could get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

I’d be surprised if you’d get a 7th

9 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I do. I know.  No one will trade for Minshew and damn sure won’t give up a day two pick to do so. 

Gilmore a starting corner brought a fifth round pick.  Teams aren’t going to trade you something of value for a backup QB on a one year contract.

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Minshew is good enough for us to win if our defense would hold up their end. 

He played a clean game for most of the contest. We are just decimated by injuries at CB so even though Shew is scoring the D is getting killed through the air

We’re just not playing complementary football. Both facets aren’t helping each other out at the same time.

However, our D hasn’t given enough margin for error for our O since the Ravens game, IMO. 

Eventually the losing will wear on the psyche of the team and our D will start giving up points in the 40s eventually 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Unfortunately our quarterback might be injury prone.  I hope not.  But we really won’t know until next year.  That’s concerning.

Running QBs and coaches that call their number to run will always be more susceptible to injury. 

That just naturally is a by product of a athletic mobile qb. 

We will need to see a lot more to know if he's injury prone..... But at 6'5 250 lbs I seriously doubt he's made of glass like some  here said. He just needs to be smarter(and coach) and try to avoid as much direct unnecessary contact as he can..

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually he is far from terrible. Last 3 weeks we have scored 20, 38, and 27 points. He has also thrown for a lot of yards. He is average, terrible no. Terrible was Curtis Painter, Scott Tolzien, Mike Pagel, etc.. Sam is bad too. Stache is way better than Sam is. You want to see terrible, let Sam play against a good team. We would be lucky to put up 10 points with him in there.

Touché, well. said dude.

it seems like we all forgot what it was like watching the above mentioned Qbs “play”! It was bad enough to want to throw your Tv out the window.

At least Minshew provides some actual offence. Obvs we’re not winning the SB with him! 

Go Colts.

• Like 1

A fourth for him is a pipe dream too - no chance. 

Which of his 10 turnovers in the last 3 games would have a team saying, “this is the guy to lead us the rest of the way!”  

Brock Purdy looked like Tom Brady in his first 10 games, he is about to lose 3 in a row now. Teams have figured him out. He is playing like Painter now with another INT, Cincy steamrolling the 49ers. 

Brock Purdy doesn’t have half of Will Levi’s arm talent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jack86 said:

Touché, well. said dude.

it seems like we all forgot what it was like watching the above mentioned Qbs “play”! It was bad enough to want to throw your Tv out the window.

At least Minshew provides some actual offence. Obvs we’re not winning the SB with him! 

Go Colts.

Minshew isn't Matt, Same bad... he's just Carson wentz bad. I believe we had one of the highest PPG average in 2021.. but Carson was just meh..

Minshew we are scoring points too.. but he's meh...  RentaQB is getting tiring.. it's sad when you can call out a year and we can tell which season that was based on the who played QB.. 

Quick 2019??

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Minshew isn't Matt, Same bad... he's just Carson wentz bad. I believe we had one of the highest PPG average in 2021.. but Carson was just meh..

Minshew we are scoring points too.. but he's meh...  Rent a QB is getting tiring.. it's sad when you can call out a year and we can tell which season that was based on the who played QB.. 

Quick 2019??

Yeah, good comparison, Carson Wentz bad. :) 

The constant is, Eberflus' system and Bradley's system, the system that Ballard wanted, and the system that has leaked points heavily the last 3 games for the Colts. In 2021, we were controlling clock better with our run game, thus helping keeping the points per game given up by the D lower. But note that we never had a 4th qtr. comeback when it mattered or had a 4th qtr. defensive score when it mattered. But it was all Carson Wentz's fault, which we knew it wasn't. Not as much in 2022 or 2023 when the O couldn't sustain long drives the D eventually folded.

Minshew, he can't stretch the field as well, he is good for the 10-15 yard range but if it is 3rd and long like 10+, you get worried. He has to roll out to see things, limited ceiling, which is why he is a backup and when thrust into a starter role for too long, what you see is what you get.

The issue is guys like Nickster and LennyMoore24 had misplaced faith in Minshew to outright think our odds of winning go up with him (where are they now?? :)). Once teams adjust to his floor and limited ceiling, Steichen can only do so much with scheming. Minshew can't create like AR and he gets panicky in the pocket if he does not roll out. So, it is a case of constantly scheming around his weakness but other teams know that too if we fans can see it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The issue is guys like Nickster and LennyMoore24 had misplaced faith in Minshew to outright think our odds of winning go up with him (where are they now?? :)). Once teams adjust to his floor and limited ceiling, Steichen can only do so much with scheming. Minshew can't create like AR and he gets panicky in the pocket if he does not roll out. So, it is a case of constantly scheming around his weakness but other teams know that too if we fans can see it.

lol I knew we were in trouble with Minshew when he kept "not seeing" number 14 on the Ravens.. Then we beat them by kicking how many 50+ yarders? lol an NFL record that a kicker should be proud of but definenlty not an offense..

Oh well.. I was so hyped for the season to see AR and JT.. now I get to watch Strout, Young and apparently now Levis do some good things.. our Luck ran out in multiple ways that August night in 2019

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol I knew we were in trouble with Minshew when he kept "not seeing" number 14 on the Ravens.. Then we beat them by kicking how many 50+ yarders? lol an NFL record that a kicker should be proud of but definenlty not an offense..

Oh well.. I was so hyped for the season to see AR and JT.. now I get to watch Strout, Young and apparently now Levis do some good things.. our Luck ran out in multiple ways that August night in 2019

Luck would be 5 years older likely with multiple injuries by now.  Lets not cry about him not being here in 2023.  

Nothing to be done but keep moving forward. The front office knows this season is now moving from competing for the playoffs to evaluation. 

We've said it many times over. Minshew is great in a pinch where he comes off the bench, but he's not a starter in the NFL anymore. The Eagles were perfectly fine letting him go to another team, so perhaps he's not even the best backup in the NFL right now. 

• Like 1

I don't expect Minshew to take us to the playoffs. He has played poorly, and had other games where he's outstanding. I never know which part will show up because he's inconsistent. I can't hate on him, though, and don't think he's terrible. He's also fine to look at  As far as I'm concerned the Colts' defense is the main issue. That and penalties (some questionable.) 

Will Levis played very well, got to give him credit for that. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet. Remember how good Brock Purdy looked at first? That changed. Give Levis a few more games to see how he does. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 5:35 PM, csmopar said:

Levi surprised me. Even though he has one of the best WRs in the last 15 years to throw too. Let’s see what he does next week

I was not remotely surprised.  The guy came back for that final year of seasoning, lost his OL to the draft and OC to the NFL, and played through injuries and nobody was interested in reading between the lines on him.  Then add Tenn fans hating on him because he was a Kentucky player, the media not liking his personality, etc the media never had a chance to see that one clearly.  His film was actually pretty good too that final year as well, given all that.

He's a modern day example of what occurred with Rodgers.  Hopefully he's not going to be that good, but that was an exclamation of an initial outing.

What's really funny is the Titans had him behind Malik on the depth chart.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 3:45 PM, bleed blue4life said:

We will not win another game with him at qb. He cannot throw deep and always screws up in a close game

Shewie is not built like AR but the Coach should figure out some very good plays for Minshew (Shewie) to do and be successful at.  Maybe they can use Sam and Minshew back and forth....whatever it takes!  Like Hill does on New Orleans.  Gotta get tricky Coach!!! Or otherwise just stink it up.

There’s no way colts could’ve gotten a 4th out of Minshew.  Colts are scoring but that’s primarily because Shane Steichen knows ball and offense.   If Reich and/or Saturday and crew were coaching in this situation, the offense wouldn’t be scoring nearly this much