Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minshew is terrible

bleed blue4life

Just now, AKB said:

he's average, not terrible. 

now Baker Jr, is terrible. Tony Brown, terrible.

Matt Pryor terrible

terrible play is terrible, we are scoring points with shew, we just suck overall. sucks to suck i guess

The suck is very strong with us this year unfortunately.

2 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

Question is…Should we use an early draft pick next year for the backup qb spot? Penix maybe!?

Not for at least another year and we have a million other holes to fill, but if our commitment to having an option qb works out next year like it has this year it might be time to rethink the future. In an era of concussion protocols there is no such thing as having your “bell rung” and returning to action in a few minutes after the administration of smelling salts. AR was concussed and got his shoulder blown up on designed runs after only playing a few games. We’ll see next year if it was just a fluke. But for now we are committed to Steichen, AR and qb designed runs and option plays.

Meanwhile Levi's stock went up pretty high today. All 3; Jim, Shane and Ballard had their crush on AR potential. If he comes back from injury an gets so again; will set the franchise back for years at QB position.

Edited by JColts72
Add

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Meanwhile Levi's stock went up pretty high today. All 3; Jim, Shane and Ballard had their crush on AR potential. If he comes back from injury an gets so again; will set the franchise back for years at QB again.

Levis looked great today.   Let's see how it plays out.   It seems teams are figuring out the 9ers and brock Purdy.  I have no hate for levis.  I actually predicted the Colts would take him,   but 1 week doesn't mean anything.   Although Hopkins demise was called a bit early

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Meanwhile Levi's stock went up pretty high today. All 3; Jim, Shane and Ballard had their crush on AR potential. If he comes back from injury a gets so again; will set the franchise back for years at QB position.

Levi surprised me. Even though he has one of the best WRs in the last 15 years to throw too. Let’s see what he does next week

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

9 turnovers in 3 games and at least 2 more that were bailed out by penalty that I can recall. Yes. I don’t think the fall off would be that much worse

Sam was much worse.   Minshew has been sloppy, but he moves the offense.   Sam brought nothing

7 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Meanwhile Levi's stock went up pretty high today. All 3; Jim, Shane and Ballard had their crush on AR potential. If he comes back from injury a gets so again; will set the franchise back for years at QB position.

That’s okay all I heard from fans around here at draft time was how much Levis stunk and was a bust.  

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Levis looked great today.   Let's see how it plays out.   It seems teams are figuring out the 9ers and brock Purdy.  I have no hate for levis.  I actually predicted the Colts would take him,   but 1 week doesn't mean anything.   Although Hopkins demise was called a bit early

I wanted us to take Levis...still wish we would have. Hopkins has a few good games left but is definitely on the wrong side of 30, where most WRs start to really fall off...but I think Levis on our team could have would have should have been a good QB for the next 15 years.

I have no hate for AR at all, I just don't like drafting a project in the top 5...and we can't change his game as far as running, without taking away the things that actually set him apart from the other QBs...so that worries me.

• Like 3

Minshew, SamE, or Mond....does it really make any difference ??? :thinking:

But while on subject, I'd like to see Mond get extended playing time because his skill sets resemble AR5....to a lesser degree of course. But in '24 I think it would make sense to have a backup QB that has at least a physical/play style similar to the starter. 

Just now, coltsblue1844 said:

I wanted us to take Levis...still wish we would have. Hopkins has a few good games left but is definitely on the wrong side of 30, where most WRs start to really fall off...but I think Levis on our team could have would have should have been a good QB for the next 15 years.

I have no hate for AR at all, I just don't like drafting a project in the top 5...and we can't change his game as far as running, without taking away the things that actually set him apart from the other QBs...so that worries me.

I wanted levis as well. Dude had 4 tds today

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Levi surprised me. Even though he has one of the best WRs in the last 15 years to throw too. Let’s see what he does next week

He put touch on the ball when needed. And zipped it when needed.  He pump faked the db when Hopkins did the double moves and threw a great pass under pressure for the last td.   It was a lot more than having Hopkins.  

• Like 2

Just now, DougDew said:

He put touch on the ball when needed. And zipped it when needed.  He pump faked the db when Hopkins did the double moves and threw a great pass under pressure for the last td.   It was a lot more than having Hopkins.  

Perhaps so. Let’s see how it pans out

59 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Based on what transpired today with Cousins, I would try and trade Minshew to the Vikings for a 2nd or 3rd.

We have Sam and Kellen Mond and Minshew is on a 1-year contract, I think. 

Do you honestly believe a team would give up a day 2 pick for Minshew?  Honestly?

Hint  - no team would make that offer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

And being pro ready helps.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Do you honestly believe a team would give up a day 2 pick for Minshew?  Honestly?

Hint  - no team would make that offer. 

It always amazes me how Colts fans think a player is awful and think other teams will give you something of value for them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

As I said when AR5 went down, we will go 2-9 at best the rest of the year. I stand by that prediction. Not because GM10 sucks, but he is a backup for a reason- his flaws get exposed when teams can gameplan for him.

He’s proving the old saying of if you play a backup too long they will show you why they are back up correct.  People aren’t going to like this but I would still re-sign Gardner to be the backup.  He’s good in that role.  He’s just being asked to do too much right now and more importantly he’s trying to do too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I said that already for the 100th time in here since everyone in here has.

Oh. Then why the sarcastic comparison to staubach?

I watched the entire game. And saw every play.  So I was describing his performance for those who might only look at stats and highlights.   

TEN  ran a lot on 1st and second down.  Put him in third and long quite a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

Oh. Then why the sarcastic comparison to staubach?

I watched the entire game. And saw every play.  So I was describing his performance for those who might only look at stats and highlights.   

ten ran a lot on 1st and second down.  Put him in third and long quite a bit. 

Did he not play like Staubach? I thought he did. He ran and threw with the best of them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did he not play like Staubach? I thought he did. He ran and threw with the best of them.

You had a giggle emoji after your comment.   Seems like you weren’t serious 

since he threw more 45 air yard td passes in one game than the colts have thrown probably in their last 20, I’d describe his performance as more Marino than staubach.   He really didn’t run much. 

he didn’t have to expose himself to injury to make it all work. That was a good thing too 

2 hours ago, Never_Quit said:

We have not seen enough of AR to know if he is an NFL quality QB, at all. He was healthy in 1/5 games, and looks to have a lot of promise, but him being a franchise QB is as far from being a sure thing as it gets.

If a Caleb Williams or a Drake Maye is available you have to at least consider it.

No, you don't.  And there's no way they'll consider drafting a QB1.  By the way, would you want a guy like Caleb Williams on your team anyway? Aside from the fact that there's no way he will play for the Colts.  He's already acting like a diva and saying he won't play for specific teams.  Also, he said that he wants part ownership of whoever drafts him.  Would you want a guy on your team with a mentality like that? Pride comes before a fall.  Anyway, this is a ridiculous conversation to be having.  We aren't drafting a QB1. 

You say that AR being a franchise QB is as far from a sure thing as it gets.  Really?  How disrespectful, acting like a guy who has never played in n the NFL has more promise than a guy who has already played and done well when he's been out there.  Again, WE AREN'T DRAFTING A QB1.  Ballard may not be the best GM, but he at least has a brain.  Christ...