Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers looking for a change??

ojsglove

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tvturner said:

Wherever Rodgers goes, Adams goes

I don’t actually like Rodgers, i think he’s an */* as a person. But as purely football goes, adding him and Adams to this team would make our offence instantly a top 3 unit, even if only for a year or two.

Genuinely can’t say Id-io-t anymore on this forum?

Freedom of speech mean anything guys?

30 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Freedom of speech mean anything guys?

Yes, it means the government can't have you arrested for what you've said, though there are exceptions to that. It does not apply at all to privately owned businesses, web sites etc. That's why a restaurant can kick you out for using profanity and this website can mask or ban whatever words they choose. Stop sounding like the word you can't use. 

5 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Rogers looking for a new team?  After tonight's game, he looked disgusted, as he should be, not his best game, but they beat him to death.  Do we take a shot on signing him or wait, Gods knows how long, to find someone like him??

Chester already left, Isiah may be back. 

what Rogers are you talking about

5 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Looked like he was ready to retire before the game even started. No thanks.

You’d stick with the QB ranked in the bottom 3 two years running over the guy who’s likely to be back to back league MVP? You be crazy

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s going to leave GB and come to Indy? Doubt it.

Never know.  I doubt it too.

but Packers are massively over the cap for the second year in a row. They used most of the tricks to convert salaries and such last year that they can. Not sure what else they can do. Most of their star players, especially Adams, contracts are up, Packers are staring at a rebuild just due to that alone. Shedding Rodgers salary would clear up a ton for them and let them keep more pieces of the puzzle to help Jordan Love. 

Rodgers also said he’d want to go to a team not in a rebuild and a team that is a QB away from contending. If there’s a better team for that title than the Colts, let me know. I don’t think there is. I mean we knocked off top tier teams this year with a QB that isn’t half what Rodgers is. Plug Aaron Rodgers into this offense, let him do the things he does, and this team not only wins back the division, but I’m saying at least an AFCCG appearance or more. 

so while unlikely, it is plausible. 

2 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

If Green Bay trades him they will want, and get ,an boatload for him. Denver will be in the picture, and they have a lot more young talent they can throw into the mix.

52 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Just like with Wilson people needed to be realistic. We don’t have the draft capital with other teams like the Broncos who have the # 9 pick. 

Completely true, which is why I say I doubt it. That’s even if we assume Ballard would even think about such a trade.

does anyone know if Rodgers has a trade clause in his contract that would affect any of this?

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

You’d stick with the QB ranked in the bottom 3 two years running over the guy who’s likely to be back to back league MVP? You be crazy

I am not giving up assets for another QB. Especially one that is 38. Only assets I am giving up is for one in the draft. I do not want to be on 6 QB in 6 years when he retired after a year. He already looks checked out. I mean he complains abort not having enough WR.  Why would he come here with the trash ones we have. He has also been a pretty big jerk this season.

Still scratching my head at last night's outcome.

Honestly, I think he's one of the best QBs out there, with so much natural talent.  

I  also think he's got some head noise,

(Just my opinion) which is unfortunate.   

I didn't watch the entire game.  A few minutes of the first quarter and then the last 8 minutes of the game.  Sounds like the parts I missed were lackluster at best. :dunno:

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I am not giving up assets for another QB. Especially one that is 38. Only assets I am giving up is for one in the draft. I do not want to be on 6 QB in 6 years when he retired after a year. He already looks checked out. I mean he complains abort not having enough WR.  Why would he come here with the trash ones we have. He has also been a pretty big jerk this season.

Thankfully for us you’re not making the calls. Or you would have had Eason starting from week 3 and then traded for Davis Mills this off-season. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Never know.  I doubt it too.

but Packers are massively over the cap for the second year in a row. They used most of the tricks to convert salaries and such last year that they can. Not sure what else they can do. Most of their star players, especially Adams, contracts are up, Packers are staring at a rebuild just due to that alone. Shedding Rodgers salary would clear up a ton for them and let them keep more pieces of the puzzle to help Jordan Love. 

Rodgers also said he’d want to go to a team not in a rebuild and a team that is a QB away from contending. If there’s a better team for that title than the Colts, let me know. I don’t think there is. I mean we knocked off top tier teams this year with a QB that isn’t half what Rodgers is. Plug Aaron Rodgers into this offense, let him do the things he does, and this team not only wins back the division, but I’m saying at least an AFCCG appearance or more. 

so while unlikely, it is plausible. 

He'd still need someone to throw to other than Pittman. So you can't get Rogers without also getting a TRUE receiving threat to complement Pittman. And all of this is assuming the Colts could even compete with other teams in terms of compensation. With no 1st round pick this year, that might be hard. As far other teams that are just a QB away, you could arguably put the Niners and Saints into that category along with the Colts. 

If he can sign with us straight up I’m all for it.  If we have to trade anything substantial no thanks.  I would give up our 2nd this year for two years with Rodgers and the FAs he will bring. That’s the max bc we will need the other picks to in 23 and 24 to work trades to go all in with him.  It probably won’t work out and get a SB but it would be a lot of fun for two years.  

ps.  I personally think that dude is a diva and he annoys the heck out of me.  Yeah he is super talented but there is something about that guy and how he has alienated his family and employer that makes me think he is a little punk.  I don’t know the whole story at all so I’m way out of bounds but it’s how I feel. When it doesn’t work out for the next team that gets him he will talk trash about the team and say it was their fault. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

you probably think hes a jerk because hes not vaccinated.. :lol:

10 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Rogers looking for a new team?  After tonight's game, he looked disgusted, as he should be, not his best game, but they beat him to death.  Do we take a shot on signing him or wait, Gods knows how long, to find someone like him??

Just wondering, anyone notice how Successfully aggressive these Playoff Defensive co-ordinators have been.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take 2 years of Aaron Rodgers over anyone in a NY second. One thing GB doesn't have is a running game, you give him Taylor that would be fun to watch. 

aaron jones, aj dillion? they have a running game. not as good as colts but still can run the ball efficiently. 

38 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

you probably think hes a jerk because hes not vaccinated.. :lol:

I doubt many think he is a jerk because he is unvaccinated, but I bet a lot of people do think he is a jerk because he led everyone to believe he was vaccinated.

14 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

aaron jones, aj dillion? they have a running game. not as good as colts but still can run the ball efficiently. 

Taylor is much better.

4 minutes ago, tate said:

I doubt many think he is a jerk because he is unvaccinated, but I bet a lot of people do think he is a jerk because he led everyone to believe he was vaccinated.

Actually good point, I don't like he lied about it, that was the bad thing. 

I would take him for a 2 to 3 year run. Rodgers is still elite. Imagine him and Taylor. We could add a decent WR and we would be the team to beat. I mean look what Wentz did with these receivers and I dont think our recievers are the issue Wentz strughles with tight windows. 2 years then suck for a QB sounds good to me. And after all that Irsay would be giving fans something to cheer about. That Raiders game the fans were abysmal to start the game. 

Colin “Does Aaron know how to throw to anyone besides Devante Adams” lol

1 minute ago, Aaron86 said:

I would take him for a 2 to 3 year run. Rodgers is still elite. Imagine him and Taylor. We could add a decent WR and we would be the team to beat. I mean look what Wentz did with these receivers and I dont think our recievers are the issue Wentz strughles with tight windows. 2 years then suck for a QB sounds good to me. And after all that Irsay would be giving fans something to cheer about. That Raiders game the fans were abysmal to start the game. 

Your assuming he will play 2-3 more years.

1 minute ago, Aaron86 said:

I would take him for a 2 to 3 year run. Rodgers is still elite. Imagine him and Taylor. We could add a decent WR and we would be the team to beat. I mean look what Wentz did with these receivers and I dont think our recievers are the issue Wentz strughles with tight windows. 2 years then suck for a QB sounds good to me. And after all that Irsay would be giving fans something to cheer about. That Raiders the fans were abysmal to start the game. 

Davante Adams is a free agent. Would you like the Colts to sign him?

Archived