Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Bills Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Gonna throw this out there...

Philip Rivers is 4-0 all time in the wildcard round.

Keep the running game going, slow down the Bills passing game, and for the love of God no stupid mistakes or penalties.  Do that and we have a legit shot.

While you throw “this” out there, I’ll just go ahead and throw :huthut:this out here.

Folks been saying stuff like "take the foot off the gas", and such. I think Frank has been sandbagging more than a few new looks. Getting to the postseason with everything you do on film, is not usually a successful path, unless your squad is dominant. 

I don't know whether or not the Colts can go into Buffalo and get a W, but I think we are about to see some new wrinkles that will surprise. 

12 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Folks been saying stuff like "take the foot off the gas", and such. I think Frank has been sandbagging more than a few new looks. Getting to the postseason with everything you do on film, is not usually a successful path, unless your squad is dominant. 

I don't know whether or not the Colts can go into Buffalo and get a W, but I think we are about to see some new wrinkles that will surprise. 

It was a strategy that worked for Philly in the playoffs. He didn't call plays but tweaked concepts and schemes for the Eagles to shock the world with a backup QB.

48 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Yes and I’m saying Doug may not be there next season. 

Umm it was reported before the game that he and the Jaguars would split ways after the game. And yea the locker room was lost, if it was ever even found? They were playing to win, maybe for their coach, but probably just to try and spoil the Colts season.

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Umm it was reported before the game that he and the Jaguars would split ways after the game. And yea the locker room was lost, if it was ever even found? They were playing to win, maybe for their coach, but probably just to try and spoil the Colts season.

I seen a team that was able to move the ball on us. Then late in the 3rd something changed. 

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

I seen a team that was able to move the ball on us. Then late in the 3rd something changed. 

You did? They didn’t move the ball the whole 1st half. Came out in the 2nd half and made a game out of it, yet they were playing to lose? 

19 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Run to open up the pass. Control the clock better. Stick to screens and TE dumps and hit the big throws only when they come open. On D we need the whole Dline to contain Allen in the pocket and keep him on his * all day.

the bills are gonna focus on stopping the run that is gonna be their whole game plan .  I would do what the browns did to our defense come out swinging off of playaction to open up the run game then pound taylor .

colts passing game will decide what kind of game it will be .   the bills offense is to good to shut down they will eat ,the question is if the colts can keep up.  If rivers can have a solid game 300 yards 2 touchdowns and the running game gets going they have a chance .  The problem is i dont know what rivers we will see .

colts passing game will decide what kind of game it will be .   the bills offense is to good to shut down they will eat ,the question is if the colts can keep up.  If rivers can have a solid game 300 yards 2 touchdowns and the running game gets going they have a chance .  The problem is i dont know what rivers we will see .

47 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

He had a new wrinkle today with putting JB in on 3rd and 5. Maybe run Hines up the middle on 3rd and goal? Should be interesting. 

Negative Nelly here ...lol. I actually think Colts have a chance. The Bills , I believe, play  a defence similar to the Colts. They prefer an undersized front 4 to rush the passer. This is a game that totally defines the Oline. I truly believe that they can and should man handle the Bills line. If they want to b called elite, they need to bring it.Now the other problem is White. He is a good corner and will be on Hilton. Someone like Pittman has to step up. Although Allan has had a great year, I still think we can harass him. Believe it or not, taking away Beasley maybe the most important thing to do on defence. Allan's accuracy on short routes is really good and not so good deep. I would b tempted to play man. I know its a risk but playing zone will probably fail. The Dline front 4 will have to earn their money. This is a game that totally defines where we move forward with the defence. If Allan shreds this D and they fail to get pressure. It will b time to sit down and honeslty ask where they go with this scheme. This defense will be playing the elite qbs. No more hiding behind mediocore qbs all the while padding their stats. This is a huge game win or lose. Thats my thoughts

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

the bills are gonna focus on stopping the run that is gonna be their whole game plan .  I would do what the browns did to our defense come out swinging off of playaction to open up the run game then pound taylor .

I agree but we have a good run game and even if they come to stop it you still got to use it to get the open passes or play action.

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree but we have a good run game and even if they come to stop it you still got to use it to get the open passes or play action.

I would spread their linebackers out with screens and TE outs to keep them spread for better running lanes.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Didn't read all the predictions, but I'll say mine.

Bills 35

Colts 31

Very close game, but I believe Allen is a bit too good for us this year. Lets hope I'm wrong and jinx the Bills! :thmup:

Yeah, it’s not Josh Allen, it’s his O-line, reminds me of Cam Newton and his O-line playing real well on the way to the SB till they ran into a once in a decade Broncos D with 2 HOF pass rushers in Miller and Ware.

Our lack of pass rush will be exposed in this game, IMO. I’m going with Bills 34 Colts 24 and like you truly hope I’m wrong. We have to run 30 plus times to control clock and keep the limited crowd they’re allowing into the game at bay by keeping the scoring close. If the Bills get ahead by 2 TDs, our game plan goes out the window and Rivers throwing 40 plus times is not good for us.

Plus, all our defeats are in the 1 pm ET time slot and we have won all our 4:25 pm ET slot games.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

It is kind if funny but both the Colts and Bills defence are kind of similar. Fraziers roots are  in the Tampa 2; coached under Dungy. There should be a lot of familiarity with both offences facing these zone D schemes. I think it comes down to what fronts can dominate. I kind of give the edge to the Colts O and D lines. God, I have to stop being so posiitve. I feel like Scrooge who woke up Xmas day and has a new outlook on the Colts. Lol.  I really just think it is a good match up for the Colts.

I’m just going to base my prediction off of the fact that after every loss this season, the Colts followed with at least 2 wins. We lost to Pitt, so we are due for another win after beating Jacksonville. 26-24 Colts. I’m thinking back to that Sunday Night Football game last year against the Chiefs as our model for winning. Time of possession, strong run game, timely passes, continuous pressure on Allen, and get at least one turnover. Easier said than done, but we have the personnel to do it. 

I think Josh Allen and Andrew Luck are the same guy. The exact same size physically, both can make all the throws, both can/will run all over the field AND neither will get down to avoid a hit. Unfortunately, only 1 of them is playing Saturday and I think that will be the difference.

But if just one time all year the Colts actually play for 4 quarters they will win this game. No real reason to think Saturday will be the day it happens but here hoping. Colts 34 - Bills 31

Bills will stack the box to slow down Taylor, but somehow the Colts manage to be up at the half 14-10 (7 of it within the first drive since only the 15 first plays are scripted) 

Then in the 2nd half, they will make zero offensive adjustments, but the Colts D switch to soft zone and Allen will go on a tear. 

Bills 38

Colts 17 

The Colts have the ability to control the clock and keep high powered offenses on the bench. 
  Going forward, there’s no room for penalties, lapses in the secondary, bad throws, dropped balls or missed tackles. 
   Colts 28

Bills 27

Bills 34

Colts 27

13 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Gonna throw this out there...

Philip Rivers is 4-0 all time in the wildcard round.

Keep the running game going, slow down the Bills passing game, and for the love of God no stupid mistakes or penalties.  Do that and we have a legit shot.

Slow down the Bills passing game. Okay. How do you do that?

And have you seen the Colts passing defense over the last month?

48 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im confident against any team the Titans beat and beat handily. As long as we have all our guys i dont plan on them blowing us out. No team has done that to us. I just hope Frank has the right game plan in place.

That's not how sports works....and you know it.

19 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Bills 34

Colts 27

Slow down the Bills passing game. Okay. How do you do that?

And have you seen the Colts passing defense over the last month?

That's up to Reich and Flus to figure out.

I know it is a tall order, which is why I said "slow down" instead of shut down.  KC, NE, and LAC all held them under 200 yards passing, so it's not impossible.

28 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

That's not how sports works....and you know it.

Sure it does. It tells me we are at least on their level.  Nothing wrong with making some base level assumptions. It would only be wrong if i said bc Tenn blew them out then we will as welI. I knew some person like yourself would chime in with one of these kind of statements. I definitely feel safe in assuming we can compete or beat this team. What reason do i have to feel otherwise? We havent been out of any game against any opponent all year long when weve had all our important pieces in place. Dont have a problem using Tenn as a comp. I think half of you have a grass is greener on the other side mentality anyway. You love looking at these other teams and falling in love with who they have and then saying we will get crushed bc of it. Sports dont work like that eithet right?

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Im confident against any team the Titans beat and beat handily. As long as we have all our guys i dont plan on them blowing us out. No team has done that to us. I just hope Frank has the right game plan in place.

We have the on-field talent to win this one. I suspect Frank's game plan will be our weakest link.

13 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Like JB going deep or jet sweep playaction so much has been set up I agree we will see wrinkles that have been set up with plays we ran all ran . 

Archived