Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Bills Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

What could Reich take away from the Bills on Offense?  

Nothing. When the Chiefs beat them, KC didnt even have a sack IIRC. They just pressured him excellently, and Allen's accuracy took a dip in the rain.

23 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I would think that, yes, they'll try to make Rivers beat them.

I think they will try to also and I don’t think they will be successful.   Taylor and Hines can reach the edge if they load the box and they will also be set up for play action.  Hey , maybe we will see jacoby throw on 3rd and short!

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I think they will try to also and I don’t think they will be successful.   Taylor and Hines can reach the edge if they load the box and they will also be set up for play action.  Hey , maybe we will see jacoby throw on 3rd and short!

No lol.

8 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I think many are picking with their hearts over their heads . Looking at the game neutrally the bills are a huge favorite , i have a feeling this game turns out like the chiefs colts 2018 playoff game .  Bills defense is very good and their offensive line is very underrated but they are elite . 

Nah not really, Bills are very good but also very beatable. Their current core team has never won a playoff game. I think we win this game, JMO. Chiefs are on a different level than everyone else.

37 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Bills are not the team many are suggesting. What ‘top’ teams did they beat? Steelers at a push, and Seahawks. Their schedule could be papering over some cracks. I expect we have a chance. 

I agree, some say we really didn't beat anybody but who did the Bills beat lol, their division stunk on top of it. We beat GB and won at Tennessee that shows me we can beat anyone if we play well.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, some say we really didn't beat anybody but who did the Bills beat lol, their division stunk on top of it. We beat GB and won at Tennessee that shows me we can beat anyone if we play well.

This was the same argument with the Patriots every season. Bills were just far better than the division rivals. That’s not to say the Colts can’t win this game. It’s going to take a complete game effort. Taking off even a quarter spells defeat

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

This was the same argument with the Patriots every season. Bills were just far better than the division rivals. That’s not to say the Colts can’t win this game. It’s going to take a complete game effort. Taking off even a quarter spells defeat

Josh Allen is very good and their coach is very good but they aren't Tom Brady or BB who were almost unbeatable and great. I agree this will be a tough game and I am sure they will be favored by at least 7, maybe 8, but I don't even see them like KC who has Mahomes and Reid.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Josh Allen is very good and their coach is very good but they aren't Tom Brady or BB who were almost unbeatable and great. I agree this will be a tough game and I am sure they will be favored by at least 7, maybe 8, but I don't even see them like KC who has Mahomes and Reid.

No one is the Chiefs. With that said, I’d love the chance to face them

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I’d be shocked if the Chiefs don’t make the SB

I would too but we didn't in 2005 which stunned me for about a week. You just never know. 1 bad game is all it takes. Our 2005 team was as great as their team is now. 1998 Vikings is another one, they went 15-1 and was loaded and lost in the NFC Title game against a Falcons team that was good but nothing special.

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I’d be shocked if the Chiefs don’t make the SB

Taylor may have to run for 250 to beat the chiefs lol  The bills are different  though. They like to throw instead of run. Not sure how we will fair against  them. I do know one thing though. It will take two great halfs of football to  beat the bills and chiefs

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah not really, Bills are very good but also very beatable. Their current core team has never won a playoff game. I think we win this game, JMO. Chiefs are on a different level than everyone else.

I think we match up better with the chiefs . We can run it down their throat . The bills run defense worries me the most , without the run our offense doesn’t look the same .

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers and TY will be ready, both are Vets that have won huge playoff games. We will see.

I hope you are right I just don’t wanna get my hopes up yet . I need to see how they come out and play . I am hoping the bills end up being two score favorites and the media keeps pumping up the bills .  The colts seem to play much better when they feel disrespected.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I hope you are right I just don’t wanna get my hopes up yet . I need to see how they come out and play . I am hoping the bills end up being two score favorites and the media keeps pumping up the bills .  The colts seem to play much better when they feel disrespected.

The point spread is 7 right now, I figured it would be. ESPN gives Buffalo a 67.5% chance of winning and we have a 32.5% chance.

Surprised by all the low-score predictions. 

Josh Allen loves to attack down the field and avoids check down like the plague. I predict he’ll have success against our secondary. We will need to keep up, which we were able to do vs Packers. 

They will likely sell out to stop the run and challenge Rivers to win the game. 

The game will likely depend on how successful we can be in passing game and the turnover differential. Each turnover increases odds of winning by 20%, so if we can somehow get 1 or 2 more than them, odds are good. 

I’m also curious to see if the playoff pressure affects them.  Pressure and expectations can have an adverse effect on many great playoff teams. See Ravens the last two seasons. 

1 minute ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Surprised by all the low-score predictions. 

Josh Allen loves to attack down the field and avoids check down like the plague. I predict he’ll have success against our secondary. We will need to keep up, which we were able to do vs Packers. 

They will likely sell out to stop the run and challenge Rivers to win the game. 

The game will likely depend on how successful we can be in passing game and the turnover differential. Each turnover increases odds of winning by 20%, so if we can somehow get 1 or 2 more than them, odds are good. 

I’m also curious to see if the playoff pressure affects them.  Pressure and expectations can have an adverse effect on many great playoff teams. See Ravens the last two seasons. 

Last year Allen choked but he looks way better this year .

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I think we’ve been favored in every game this season except Steelers after both tackles declared out.  Are you referring to past seasons?

Man, we have GOT to put together a FULL game. I honestly don't remember the last time we did that... this team either:

1. Comes out guns a'blazin, jumps out to a commanding lead, offense flowing perfectly.. and then forces us to watch them bleed out slowly and painfully in the second half

OR

2. Forces us into a deep depression through the first two quarters, and then come out firing in the final two.

The latter is usually more preferable obviously, but neither will get us a win. We need to control this whole game. This is all obvious, but DAMMIT it is frustrating. It's just so weird to see our offense go from working so well in one half, to completely stagnant in another. And we usually just go COMPLETELY stagnant.. flatline. It's bizarre.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Taylor may have to run for 250 to beat the chiefs lol  The bills are different  though. They like to throw instead of run. Not sure how we will fair against  them. I do know one thing though. It will take two great halfs of football to  beat the bills and chiefs

Absolutely. No taking off a half against either of those teams. Even taking off a quarter would spell defeat

19 hours ago, Nickster said:

Allen still not ready for Prime Time I hope.

This was true for our first two prime time games of the year.

In December, we had 4 straight nationally televised games with no other games during our time slot, 3 of them prime time (the other a 430 Saturday game)

Allen was 4-0 in those games, and in the 3 prime time games, he was 87/116 (75% completion) for 933 yards, 10 TDs, 1 INT against the Steelers, Pats, and 49ers defenses (1st, 26th, 6th in defensive DVOA, 3rd, 15th, 5th in defensive yards, 3rd, 7th, 17th in points allowed)

I think he's ready!! Also, the playoff game gets remembered as an abomination, but the two plays people remember as awful were a big sack when 5 linemen were unable to block 3 rushers, who were all in his face before the shotgun snap was even in his hands, and he tried to get away from them since that play was do-or-die (which didn't hurt us in the end because he got the ball back and drove us down to tie the game with seconds remaining), and then the flip to Knox (which missed, but had it not missed, Knox would have walked into the end zone untouched). He's reeled in his hero ball and won't be doing crazy stuff like that. Otherwise, his game was meh, but not terrible at all, just like most of his season last year. He's a new player this year

8 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I think we have a chance if Reich let JT carry the rock 20 to 30 times. 

When the titans played the bills they forced two turnovers  and henry ran 19 times for about 50 yards, but still had two tds. Tannehill  had three tds and 0 ints with 195 yards passing. So the key is good defense  and scoring  tds

5 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

In December, we had 4 straight nationally televised games with no other games during our time slot, 3 of them prime time (the other a 430 Saturday game)

Allen was 4-0 in those games, and in the 3 prime time games, he was 87/116 (75% completion) for 933 yards, 10 TDs, 1 INT against the Steelers, Pats, and 49ers defenses (1st, 26th, 6th in defensive DVOA, 3rd, 15th, 5th in defensive yards, 3rd, 7th, 17th in points allowed)

I think he's ready!! Also, the playoff game gets remembered as an abomination, but the two plays people remember as awful were a big sack when 5 linemen were unable to block 3 rushers, who were all in his face before the shotgun snap was even in his hands, and he tried to get away from them since that play was do-or-die (which didn't hurt us in the end because he got the ball back and drove us down to tie the game with seconds remaining), and then the flip to Knox (which missed, but had it not missed, Knox would have walked into the end zone untouched). He's reeled in his hero ball and won't be doing crazy stuff like that. Otherwise, his game was meh, but not terrible at all, just like most of his season last year. He's a new player this year

I agree Allen has improved  be leaps and bounds with his accuracy.  Diggs is playing  like marvin Harrison and he has ridiculous  time in the pocket

17 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

I have to hope for hope man.  

He looks friggin great.  I haven't watched him much, but I remember hearing alot of knocks on him last year and I thought he looked very talented even in the playoff loss.  He didn't have weapons was my impression.  

He had two corner route type throws downfield on Sunday that were pretty impressive.  One was OB on a scramble but landed right on the numbers of a closely guarded reciever.

I'm trying to fish for some Colts positivity here man.

I just want say, regardless of who we have to play and what ends up happening, I'm just stoked to be in the playoffs!

The excitement this week brings, even if most people think we will get blown out, is awesome.

That being said, I think we have a legit chance to beat Buffalo, and I expect to see our guys come out swinging.

Archived