Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Julian Blackmon is unreal (MERGE)

DownHillRunner

4 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

He better get DROY love. He is growing in front of our eyes. 

He was very good.   But he was also late on the deep pass to Scantling on the last drive of regulation.   You can’t be caught out of place like that.   Almost cost the Colts the game.

But yes, on balance he was very good today.  And he WILL get some DROY love. 

• Shive changed the title to Julian Blackmon is unreal (MERGE)
32 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Off topic Ballard has made our special teams .....special 

A lot of credit to the coach too who missed today’s game.  While all the attention goes to Frank changing the oline coach after his first season he did the same thing with the special teams coach.

1 hour ago, CaptainColt12 said:

You know what I'm gonna comment again and say just how amazing our rookies did today. Blackmon with the game winning forced fumble. Jordan Glasgow with the FF on special teams. Pittman and Taylor both played really well on offense and Goggles of course making the game winner. 

And there was even a Rob Windsor sighting! 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

You doubt the head coach is the one making the calls on if someone on his staffed is fired?

I think Ballard has a great deal o say in these matters. He worked with one of the best ST coaches very closely (Toub). There is a lot of input from the front office, scouts included. Frank may make the final decision but not without a lot of input from a lot of people thru Ballard.

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I think Ballard has a great deal o say in these matters. He worked with one of the best ST coaches very closely (Toub). There is a lot of input from the front office, scouts included. Frank may make the final decision but not without a lot of input from a lot of people thru Ballard.

Then no one should ever blame Frank again for the oline coach being fired again.  It works both ways.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Then no one should ever blame Frank again for the oline coach being fired again.  It works both ways.

Agree. Have a feeling that the OL coach got under a lot of peoples skin. It certainly wasn't the first job he was fired from and I don't think they all came from bad coaching, From what I have been told he was a real *.

5 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

He's a stud that's for sure.  If Blackmon, Pittman and Taylor can make solid improvement next year it's looking like a solid draft class.  Still plenty of games left also this season to see improvement.  

Don't forget we got Buckner with our 1st round pick as well. He wasn't technically "drafted" but we got him with our 1st round pick, so it's still a positive towards the class. Rodgers and Glasgow have contributed, and we don't know what we have from Eason yet. Overall, good results in the short-term with a lot of potential in the long-term. :) 

14 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

You know what I'm gonna comment again and say just how amazing our rookies did today. Blackmon with the game winning forced fumble. Jordan Glasgow with the FF on special teams. Pittman and Taylor both played really well on offense and Goggles of course making the game winner. 

Glasgow was in on the tackle, but it was actually Cassius Marsh who punched it out (who actually played a surpising amount today too I might add). None the less.

The special thing is with Blackmon, alot of people can look at certain plays made and say 'he got lucky', as well as some of the plays Leonard makes as well. But the bottom line is, big time players, make big time plays. "Luck" seems to follow certain guys around more then others. Some guys have a nose for the ball and seem to be involved in everything. I love our safety combo.

Replay of JB knocking that screen pass loose for a forced fumble. I also love how much motor Buckner has - that hulking beast was Johnny on the Spot to get the fumble recovery. Oh, and he (Buckner) played nearly 92% of D snaps along with quite a few ST snaps.

4 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

If you watch the replay closely it looks as Blackman was blocked in the back and shoved into the ball carrier which makes it even more amazing.

That can’t be right because surly the officials would have thrown a flag he said sarcastically 

4 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Can we still use the 5th year option on him though and still trade him away for a pick 

No

11 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Replay of JB knocking that screen pass loose for a forced fumble. I also love how much motor Buckner has - that hulking beast was Johnny on the Spot to get the fumble recovery. Oh, and he (Buckner) played nearly 92% of D snaps along with quite a few ST snaps.

Buckner is a freaking monster. Would not have wanted to be that tiny WR trying to get that ball back from Buckner.

11 hours ago, TheLegend87 said:

Blackmon literally had no training camp or preseason and was coming off an ACL injury in which he suffered last December. He only missed the first 2-3 games of the season and was able to step in right away and contribute in a big way. Unbelievable.

He’s playing with a chip and I like it

10 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Can we still use the 5th year option on him though and still trade him away for a pick 

No. And he’s wasnt gonna be worth much to trade either. Plus you can’t trade a player on IR. Oh and the trade deadline has passed.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, DownHillRunner said:

He better get DROY love. He is growing in front of our eyes. 

I think it might come down to who has the final better record, the Colts or Ravens.  Reason being is that Patrick Queen is his chief competition.  Since the positions don't directly compare, and the Raven's D by media default is more respected than ours historically, I would be concerned if they finish with a better record and/or playoff seeding, especially since we already lost to them at home.  But I hope you're right.  He's been fantastic and perhaps may get votes for All Pro.  

11 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I think it might come down to who has the final better record, the Colts or Ravens.  Reason being is that Patrick Queen is his chief competition.  Since the positions don't directly compare, and the Raven's D by media default is more respected than ours historically, I would be concerned if they finish with a better record and/or playoff seeding, especially since we already lost to them at home.  But I hope you're right.  He's been fantastic and perhaps may get votes for All Pro.  

With the way the Ravens have been sliding the last few weeks since that loss, I’m not all that concerned with them. Two very bad calls broke that game open for the ravens against us. I think if we were to meet again, I think it’d be more like the Greenbay game as far as the final tally  

Archived