Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Julian Blackmon is unreal (MERGE)

DownHillRunner

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

With the way the Ravens have been sliding the last few weeks since that loss, I’m not all that concerned with them. Two very bad calls broke that game open for the ravens against us. I think if we were to meet again, I think it’d be more like the Greenbay game as far as the final tally  

That's if you trust "the media" as /i will never forget the ridiculous choice of RGIII over Luck even though if you looked at what each had to work with and net improvement, it wasn't close, let alone fair.  I don't trust the decision makers, if the press disagrees with them, to pick the right candidate. They haven't been fair before.

16 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

That's if you trust "the media" as /i will never forget the ridiculous choice of RGIII over Luck even though if you looked at what each had to work with and net improvement, it wasn't close, let alone fair.  I don't trust the decision makers, if the press disagrees with them, to pick the right candidate. They haven't been fair before.

Yeah, I called the RG3 thing too. His career was gonna be short. Sadly, Luck didn’t last much longer. And I think Lamar is gonna fall into this as well. Highly mobile QBs that make a lot of ground with their legs rarely last long term in the league. Teams plan around them or they get hurt. Mahomes and Ryan Wilson are probably the only two I can think of that have a shot at breaking that but they are more hybrid than just a mobile QB as both can deliver throws well from the pocket too. 

On 11/22/2020 at 8:18 PM, John Hammonds said:

Malik who?

Hooker in my mind was not that bad. He got blamed for some blown coverage that was not his responsibility last year. If I'm not mistaken his PPF grades were not that bad. Love Blackmon and liked the pick at the time but remember he is playing with an entirely improve DL which I stated last year would help our DBs tremendously if we could pressure the QB. Unless I am mistaken Blackmon was a SS in college and is now playing FS with us so it would be possible they could be on the same unit. I know I may be in the minority but I think Hooker gets a bad rap and could be a very good FS with our present DL.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:05 AM, indyagent17 said:

I’m still laughing at all the pundents  that said the Colts reached for him. All he does is make plays every Sunday and he made a huge place to save the game tonight

People said the same thing when we drafted Leonard. You won't hear them bragging to their buddies about how right they got that evaluation any time soon!

Echoing what a few above have already said... Malik who?

On 11/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, NorthernColt said:

Glasgow was in on the tackle, but it was actually Cassius Marsh who punched it out (who actually played a surpising amount today too I might add). None the less.

The special thing is with Blackmon, alot of people can look at certain plays made and say 'he got lucky', as well as some of the plays Leonard makes as well. But the bottom line is, big time players, make big time plays. "Luck" seems to follow certain guys around more then others. Some guys have a nose for the ball and seem to be involved in everything. I love our safety combo.

I was waiting for someone to say something, cause after I said that I rewatched the game and saw that Glasgow didn’t make the FF. Thanks 

7 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

They was gonna ultimately try to fit Malik and Blackmon as 2 playmaking safety’s but hooker health just isn’t worth the risk and Willis has been excellent with tackles he rarely ever miss one , 

Pretty sure they declined Hookers option PRIOR to the draft so I doubt that scenario was the plan. Mostly like they targeted Blackman as a replacement to Hooker 

We have to remember that Blackmon is less than a year from an ACL injury which can happen to anyone and will happen to someone in the future. That's why I'm not ready to write Hooker off totally yet. He was the consensus #1 safety prospect coming out of college where Blackmon was thought to be a stretch where we picked him although everything I had read about him I was happy with the pick. I also think it  is a stretch to say he is a better overall athlete than Hooker. I hope we could some day get both on the field together and both stay health. With the addition of Buckner, Rhodes, the improvement of Ya Sin we are so much better D than we were in the past. It is a wonderful luxury to have depth in case of injuries which is inevitable in this league.

You gotta give Chris Ballard credit. It seems every year he manages to find gems in the 2nd-3rd round. One could argue his worst decision was the only time he stuck with his first round pick in taking Malik Hooker. But that decision is easily nullified by picking Blackman in the 3rd round. The Colts are in good hands. Moving forward, I say pay Ballard what ever it takes to keep him in Indy for life.

Archived