• Chad Kelly
    • Justin Herbert
    • Jordan Love
    • Jacob Eason
    • Jake Fromm
    • Jalen Hurts
    • Anthony Gordon

I think that is yet to be determined. 

Ballard may not have liked any of the QBs after Burrow and that is why he went ahead and pulled the trigger for Buckner. 

With Rivers and Brissett only being on 1 year contracts it's anyone's guess at this point. 

Ballard may draft a later round QB but he could just as easily go the BPA too. 

Fromm reminds me of Tim Tebow. He can not make all the throws necessary to be a starting QB in the NFL. Love might last to round 2 but Hurts should last to late round 2. Most of the listed QBs would not start this year and Buckner will be a difference maker so I believe that is why Ballard made the trade.

Chad Kelly has the best chance out of all of those choices unless Rivers plays one more year, or unless somehow Justin Herbert magically falls to the Colts in the second round. But if we're going to dream, let's dream big: Colts go winless in 2020, get the #1 pick, draft Lawrence, and live happily ever after. 

24 minutes ago, P'Son said:

Like all the love being shown to Chad.

Were you really that impressed because he played well against 3rd and 4th string players in 1 pre season game? 

Look, nothing would be greater than him balling out but IMO he will be lucky to still be on this team come the pre season. 

Should Ballard draft a later round QB he is as good as gone IMO. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Were you really that impressed because he played well against 3rd and 4th string players in 1 pre season game? 

Look, nothing would be greater than him balling out but IMO he will be lucky to still be on this team come the pre season. 

Should Ballard draft a later round QB he is as good as gone IMO. 

Yes, I was.  And if a QB is drafted, he'll revert to the practice squad as Hoyer and Biscuit will be gone.  He would not be "good as gone", IMHO.

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

Yes, I was.  And if a QB is drafted, he'll revert to the practice squad as Hoyer and Biscuit will be gone.  He would not be "good as gone", IMHO.

It's all opinions.

Brissett may not be gone either. It all depends if Ballard is ready to throw in the towel on him. 

Like it or not Ballard will keep the best back up behind Rivers regardless of what is thought of him in this forum. 

Any of us that assumes what Ballard will do is a waist of our time. His trading pick #13 for Buckner just proved that. Just how many times have so many in this forum assumed that Ballard wouldn't trade and sign a high dollar player? Most assumed he would be drafting a QB at #13 or even trading up for a QB. Wrong.

Ballard does not think like a fan. It's that simple. 

11 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

There needs to be a "Someone Else" checkbox.

I think the odds-on favorite is "someone else".

Rivers has a 1-year deal.

JB has 1 very expensive year left on his 2-year deal.

Nobody is going to trade for JB.  And we're not going to eat his cap hit while releasing the best backup QB in the league.  We keep him.

That means that we have Rivers and JB this year.  Solid.

That means we do not draft any of these QB's this year.  None.  There would be no room on the roster for a 3rd (or even 4th, counting Swag) QB.

And at the end of the 2020 season.... Both Rivers and JB will have finished their contracts.  And our options become nearly limitless.

Thus, it's really "someone else", isn't it?

So after two more seasons?

Good chance he's not on this list. I will say this...unless the next two seasons of the NFL get cancelled...OR Rivers agrees to play for like $5M/year or less...I can't see Rivers being the QB in 2022. I think it will be imperative to have a QB on a rookie (or at least very reasonable) deal at that point.

I wouldn't rule out Love or Hurts (has really really grown on me) or even Kelly...just no to Gordon (I think he's a backup at best). 

6 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Nobody is going to trade for JB.  And we're not going to eat his cap hit while releasing the best backup QB in the league.  We keep him.

That means we do not draft any of these QB's this year.  None.  There would be no room on the roster for a 3rd (or even 4th, counting Swag) QB.

And at the end of the 2020 season.... Both Rivers and JB will have finished their contracts.  And our options become nearly limitless.

It's really impossible to guess who that 'someone' is.  The signing of Rivers ensures that Jacoby is in the rearview, but maybe can stick around at the right price.  He's still not the answer.  Rivers is nearly done but we're hoping to squeeze the last bit of good play out of him.  If we do make any sort of run in the playoffs this year, we're looking at late 1, early 2nd for QB in the draft in 2021, which means maybe, MAAAAYBE that guy will sit a year and be ready in 2022.  

Nobody has a crystal ball for that sort of prediction.

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

That is what I am thinking also. 

The thing is Ballard has just shown he isn't afraid to do something most all didn't think he would do with the Buckner trade. He also signed Rivers and most thought he wouldn't sign a high dollar free agent. 

Rivers and Brissett both are one year deals so anything is possible after next season. 

For those who are worried about where we pick at next season, Ballard will do what it takes to bring a player in if he likes them well enough. 

This assuming Ballard does nothing but accumulate picks in a myth. 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's all opinions.

Brissett may not be gone either. It all depends if Ballard is ready to throw in the towel on him. 

Like it or not Ballard will keep the best back up behind Rivers regardless of what is thought of him in this forum. 

Any of us that assumes what Ballard will do is a waist of our time. His trading pick #13 for Buckner just proved that. Just how many times have so many in this forum assumed that Ballard wouldn't trade and sign a high dollar player? Most assumed he would be drafting a QB at #13 or even trading up for a QB. Wrong.

Ballard does not think like a fan. It's that simple. 

The Colts team cannot stand the player friction or the fans friction with Brissett around. Brissett neds to be GONE!

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something to think about. Drew Lock was the Broncos target at QB. People were stunned when they didn’t take him in the first round. Turns out they were right and still got their guy by waiting. Could we see the same thing happen to Love. 

You are not the only one thinking this.  But I'm curious, how is it that since the Colts signed Rivers Love has gone from a top 5 pick to a 2nd rounder?

12 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You are not the only one thinking this.  But I'm curious, how is it that since the Colts signed Rivers Love has gone from a top 5 pick to a 2nd rounder?

It doesn’t have anything to do with us getting Rivers. It’s what other teams did in FA and the QB they signed or just things that have been rumors going round.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It doesn’t have anything to do with us getting Rivers. It’s what other teams did in FA and the QB they signed or just things that have been rumors going round.

Ahh, I see.  But the only team that did anything in the top 10 was the Panthers signing Bridgewater.  I guess you could claim Oakland signing Mariotta but I doubt if Mariotta changes any team's plan at QB.

19 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Ahh, I see.  But the only team that did anything in the top 10 was the Panthers signing Bridgewater.  I guess you could claim Oakland signing Mariotta but I doubt if Mariotta changes any team's plan at QB.

It has been rumored that the chargers might take a tackle and go after Hurts later. I think what the raiders did took them out of the QB market unless we see Carr traded. Mayok loves Mariota.  Tampa could just try and beef up the oline now they have Brady or defense. I have a feeling they won’t be going QB at 14.  Jags could be in the market but they have gutted that team so I don’t think they will go QB.

46 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Been asking that same question Coffee .  Some here had us giving up next yrs 1st too.....  HAHAHA

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I'll ask again.  What team that we were going to have to trade ahead to get Love when we had the 13th pick  did anything at the QB position?  

The Bengals, Chargers and Dolphins were the only ones ahead of us that were QB needy .  

The Raiders added a backup, and the Bucs added Brady.   What other moves happened?  

You're gonna come back and say "you didnt listen" .  But guess what you STILL havent answered the question.

What specific move made Jordan love go from possibly #2-3 pick to the 2nd round?

Be specific please.

Archived