• Chad Kelly
    • Justin Herbert
    • Jordan Love
    • Jacob Eason
    • Jake Fromm
    • Jalen Hurts
    • Anthony Gordon

Just now, WifiGuy said:

Been asking that same question Coffee .  Some here had us giving up next yrs 1st too.....  HAHAHA

I'll ask again.  What team that we were going to have to trade ahead to get Love when we had the 13th pick  did anything at the QB position?  

The Bengals, Chargers and Dolphins were the only ones ahead of us that were QB needy .  

The Raiders added a backup, and the Bucs added Brady.   What other moves happened?  

You're gonna come back and say "you didnt listen" .  But guess what you STILL havent answered the question.

What specific move made Jordan love go from possibly #2-3 pick to the 2nd round?

Be specific please.

I have answered you multiple times. You apparently can’t read.

1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

The Colts team cannot stand the player friction or the fans friction with Brissett around. Brissett neds to be GONE!

Just what makes you believe there is friction? 

It is your opinion that Brissett needs to be gone. That don't mean that is what Ballard thinks. 

Brissett has been a great team member and a team leader. He is a grown man and this is not college football. Quit thinking these are boys and not men.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have answered you multiple times. You apparently can’t read.

Oh I can read,    You mean this?

On 3/18/2020 at 2:35 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Panthers signed teddy for 3 years. Raiders signed Marcus so if Carr doesn’t do what they want they have Marcus. I have explained this already. You seem to not want  to listen. Burrow and TUA are the only sure fire top ten picks. Jacoby and hoyer are going to be gone. I think we owe Jacoby money if we don’t cut or trade him by Friday.  

On 3/18/2020 at 11:49 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Well free agency changes things. You have the panthers taking Teddy. Raiders signing Marcus M.  So someone is bound to slip. Will the chargers take a QB or a OT. Even Matt Miller said he expects a QB to slide because of what happened in FA. I don’t know what’s so funny about it. That’s why mocks are useless before FA. We still have enough capital to go after Love I’d that is who they want. Ballard has already made two huge moves so far so who knows what he will do in the draft. Rivers only getting a one year deal shows they have someone in mind in the draft.

The broncos have their QB. Bucs might go tackle since they signed Brady. Chargers are the only unknown and it is reported they like Hurts later.

What happened in FA?  Do you have the quote from Miller?

Still don't see a reason why Love went from #3 and worth the 13 34 and 44 or 13 and next yrs 1 to falling to the second round.    Oh wait I know this happened right after Ballard said HELL NO I'm not wasting the 13th pick on a QB to sit the bench for a yr plus and HELL NO he is not better than Buckner.   And then he said it again. When he said we'll take a 38 yr QB over Love. 

And you are going to be completely a mess when they pass on Love AGAIN!  They need weapons on offense or there was absolutely zero reason to bring in River. ZERO!

I think you may want to sit back and learn to listen.  Don't listen to me Listen to Ballard.  He is telling everyone what he's going to do but no one believes him. 

Let me give you some examples of what he has said 

Accomplished

A 3tech makes this D click . 

Always going to be a guy to build the trenches first

Yes the locker room is ready to handle a Vet FA .  Bucker Rivers (been working on the Buckner deal since the SB)

Interceptions don't always tell the whole story. You thought he was talking about Love. It was Rivers

He wants some friction in the locker room.  Rivers will get in peoples *!

Still to come

More weapons at the skill positions  (WR TE RB)

Depth at all positions

A backup QB that can step in when called on and said I will not be caught off guard by not having a quality backup in place   (Brissett won 7 games last yr) not many backups could've done that under the conditions the team was in.

He has said all this.   Maybe there are some smoke signals in there, but so far in everything he had said and done,  I've never seen one.  

It may not all go like this but if anyone is shocked if it does then they are the ones not listening.

I can't believe y'all signed Rivers, I think that was a total waste of money.  I stick with my original plan, which was draft a developmental QB in the late 1st or early 2nd round and let CK & JB battle it out for the starting job this year.  Personally I think CK  would easily win that competition and be your long term/franchise qb. I could be wrong about CK, it's possible but I don't think I am. 

On 3/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, HarryTheCat said:

Chad Kelly has the best chance out of all of those choices unless Rivers plays one more year, or unless somehow Justin Herbert magically falls to the Colts in the second round. But if we're going to dream, let's dream big: Colts go winless in 2020, get the #1 pick, draft Lawrence, and live happily ever after. 

love it

if Rivers is still here in 2022 it’s because he’s taking the team deep into the playoffs.  Colts are win now Phillip wants a ring and I don’t want to jinx things but this is a good situation.  Soon everyone here will be a fan and hoping he’s not retiring.  

is Kelly related to Jim Kelly?

On 3/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, WifiGuy said:

Oh I can read,    You mean this?

What happened in FA?  Do you have the quote from Miller?

Still don't see a reason why Love went from #3 and worth the 13 34 and 44 or 13 and next yrs 1 to falling to the second round.    Oh wait I know this happened right after Ballard said HELL NO I'm not wasting the 13th pick on a QB to sit the bench for a yr plus and HELL NO he is not better than Buckner.   And then he said it again. When he said we'll take a 38 yr QB over Love. 

And you are going to be completely a mess when they pass on Love AGAIN!  They need weapons on offense or there was absolutely zero reason to bring in River. ZERO!

I think you may want to sit back and learn to listen.  Don't listen to me Listen to Ballard.  He is telling everyone what he's going to do but no one believes him. 

Let me give you some examples of what he has said 

Accomplished

A 3tech makes this D click . 

Always going to be a guy to build the trenches first

Yes the locker room is ready to handle a Vet FA .  Bucker Rivers (been working on the Buckner deal since the SB)

Interceptions don't always tell the whole story. You thought he was talking about Love. It was Rivers

He wants some friction in the locker room.  Rivers will get in peoples *!

Still to come

More weapons at the skill positions  (WR TE RB)

Depth at all positions

A backup QB that can step in when called on and said I will not be caught off guard by not having a quality backup in place   (Brissett won 7 games last yr) not many backups could've done that under the conditions the team was in.

He has said all this.   Maybe there are some smoke signals in there, but so far in everything he had said and done,  I've never seen one.  

It may not all go like this but if anyone is shocked if it does then they are the ones not listening.

Curious, whom might that be! Um, won 7 games last year. NOT! Maybe 2. The rest were won by the offensive line and the running game. His stats were not good in those 7 games. Let me ask you a question, did you watch the Saints game last year? How can you say he is a good backup! How can you even say he's a good QB! I had my doubts before but after the Saints game i was done with Mr. Brissett! So, go ahead and tell me how it was someone else's fault and he was injured! LOL!!!!!!!!! Some how JB gets excused for poor QBing but other players get crucified on here. Amazing!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

Curious, whom might that be! Um, won 7 games last year. NOT! Maybe 2. The rest were won by the offensive line and the running game. His stats were not good in those 7 games. Let me ask you a question, did you watch the Saints game last year? How can you say he is a good backup! How can you even say he's a good QB! I had my doubts before but after the Saints game i was done with Mr. Brissett! So, go ahead and tell me how it was someone else's fault and he was injured! LOL!!!!!!!!! Some how JB gets excused for poor QBing but other players get crucified on here. Amazing!!!!!!!!

OK fair enough.  QB's get credit for the wins.  THE TEAM won 7 games WITH JB last yr and quite honestly should have won 3 more. We should have been 10-6 with better kicking from AV.  They also LOSE as a team too

He will be a backup, not a starter.  A backup QB is someone that helps the #1 prepare during the week, and during the game,  and can go in if Rivers gets dinged for a play or two, or to finish out a game, not to go in and win.

knows the system

is a leader

loved by team and coaches

CAN win a game if called on

CAN keep a lead in the 4th quarter if Rivers gets hurt by not turning the ball over

What do you want in a back up QB?  Apparently your expectations are well beyond reality.

Tell me what you expect in a back up QB then tell me which teams backup has your expectations?

Where would you rank JB as far as backups go?  Rank the top 5 backups in the league, lets start there.

Saint game?  Sure it was bad,    but most would have picked the Saints even with Luck.  

On 3/19/2020 at 11:29 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

I voted Jacob Eason but I could also see Ballard going with Jalen Hurt.  

The one main detractor i saw on eason was he doesn't moderate how hard he throws the ball regardless of distance. Everything is a fastball.   I would think touch would be something that can be taught but wouldn't they have taught him that in college by now?  Can that be taught?  I have no idea.  

I like Hurts passion but really i'm going to trust ballard and be happy with anyone he takes.    

11 hours ago, Beardog said:

if Rivers is still here in 2022 it’s because he’s taking the team deep into the playoffs.  Colts are win now Phillip wants a ring and I don’t want to jinx things but this is a good situation.  Soon everyone here will be a fan and hoping he’s not retiring.  

is Kelly related to Jim Kelly?

Jim Kelly is his Uncle

31 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

OK fair enough.  QB's get credit for the wins.  THE TEAM won 7 games WITH JB last yr and quite honestly should have won 3 more. We should have been 10-6 with better kicking from AV.  They also LOSE as a team too

He will be a backup, not a starter.  A backup QB is someone that helps the #1 prepare during the week, and during the game,  and can go in if Rivers gets dinged for a play or two, or to finish out a game, not to go in and win.

knows the system

is a leader

loved by team and coaches

CAN win a game if called on

CAN keep a lead in the 4th quarter if Rivers gets hurt by not turning the ball over

What do you want in a back up QB?  Apparently your expectations are well beyond reality.

Tell me what you expect in a back up QB then tell me which teams backup has your expectations?

Where would you rank JB as far as backups go?  Rank the top 5 backups in the league, lets start there.

Saint game?  Sure it was bad,    but most would have picked the Saints even with Luck.  

Not go in and win! Really!!!!!!!!!

Knows the system  ...  He should but he doesn't play like it.

Is a leader / loved by team and coaches ... Well i read this an upteen time ... To be a QB in this league takes more.

Can win a game if called on ... You yourself just wrote he is not expected to win a game. I have no confidence of him winning us a game if called on. 

Can keep a lead in the 4th quarter ... Maybe he could. He is quite conservative. For sure,  he won't win coming from behind. He actually gets worse the more he plays!

Saints game ... Not expected to win is not the issue. He looked totally lost in that game. I guess the injury he sustained earlier in the season came back in that game and bit him in the *!:goodluck: 

O.K., what to i want in a backup QB. Well, someone that gives me hope ... gets me excited that we can still win this game. JB strikes out on both counts. 

Don't know enough about other teams backups to give a rating. As for me, JB is not a good QB!

We can argue over this till the cow jumps the moon. Neither one of us will agreed about JB. Therefore, so be it! How about agreeing to disagree? :applause:

On 3/19/2020 at 5:07 PM, John Hammonds said:

I think the odds-on favorite is "someone else".

Rivers has a 1-year deal.

JB has 1 very expensive year left on his 2-year deal.

Nobody is going to trade for JB.  And we're not going to eat his cap hit while releasing the best backup QB in the league.  We keep him.

That means that we have Rivers and JB this year.  Solid.

That means we do not draft any of these QB's this year.  None.  There would be no room on the roster for a 3rd (or even 4th, counting Swag) QB.

And at the end of the 2020 season.... Both Rivers and JB will have finished their contracts.  And our options become nearly limitless.

Thus, it's really "someone else", isn't it?

Thought we got two extra roster spits with cba

13 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

Can win a game if called on ... You yourself just wrote he is not expected to win a game. I have no confidence of him winning us a game if called on. 

Come from behind and win a game

Can keep a lead in the 4th quarter ... Maybe he could. He is quite conservative. For sure,  he won't win coming from behind. He actually gets worse the more he plays!

Yes that is what would be expected,  not turn the ball over and secure the win 

O.K., what to i want in a backup QB. Well, someone that gives me hope ... gets me excited that we can still win this game. JB strikes out on both counts. 

Don't know enough about other teams backups to give a rating. As for me, JB is not a good QB!

So maybe go take a look at the other backup QB's and you will quickly see he is at least top 5 

And then look at all the rest on the list and tell me if they could do the things you are expecting a backup to do.

No we aren't going to agree on this right now.  But it doesn't matter what we think. It matters what Ballard and Reich think.

We shall see,  I dont see him going anywhere, but it could happen. 

2 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Rapsheet says he's signing with the Panthers. 

That's unfortunate. I would of enjoyed a Brissett trade and giving Walker a shot as the backup this year with a shot to battle for the starting job next year.

I was kinda kidding though. :thmup:

Jacoby, endorsed by Riech, Ballard, Belichick, & Parcells. My prediction is Jacoby will be our QB in 2021, however CB may draft a QB this year who may start in 2022 or simply be a backup.

If you recall Parcells was JB mentor early in his career who endorsed him to Belichick who drafted him as a 3rd rounder. Halfway through the season the team had a record at 5-3 when the injuries occurred, plus the misses left & right blue nation may have been 10-6.

Rivers has his one-year contract, Ballard investment in Jacoby, will allow them an opportunity to draft QB in 2020. The new QB role could be a backup or possible starter in 2022 (Fromm, Hurts, Gordon) my choice would be Gordon he has the mindset and the arm.

We all are sports fans, who may have played on teams who were inspired by our coaches. Our coaches are leaders of men & women who molded our lives please trust in them.

4 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

Brissett is a very good back up QB.

He's not a good starter though.   

Very few QB's I'd rather have start 1-2 games if the starter goes down.  

58 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Kevin Bowen reports Brady and his agent had the colts as one of their targets. Colts wanted a shorter term deal. I think that signals we may be looking at a QB this draft.

With Rivers and Brissett both on one year deals I would imagine Ballard has a plan. 

It's anyone's guess on what that may be? 

I think Ballard will take Jalen, since Reich wanted Rivers, Rivers is year to year, Reich may be year to year, everyone is year to year. If one of the Washington Qb's is taken I will be wrong. I would be shocked if Brissett goes back to a backup and then becomes a starter again in 2022.

Archived