Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Burfict's Hit On Doyle

King Colt

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Burfict's hit on Jack Doyle got him kicked out of the game today. Nothing new to him. According to Fox he has paid $4,000,000 in fines to date and he was smiling ear-to-ear as he exited the field today. I look forward to following him after he retires.

He has been the dirtiest player in the NFL for years.  The fact that he was smiling and blowing kisses to the fans as he walked off shows how big a piece of trash he is.  I would be happy if the NFL banned him, there's no room for a guy that dirty to be in this league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

Burfict's hit on Jack Doyle got him kicked out of the game today. Nothing new to him. According to Fox he has paid $4,000,000 in fines to date and he was smiling ear-to-ear as he exited the field today. I look forward to following him after he retires.

Don't follow too close.

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It's official-

https://sports.yahoo.com/vontaze-burfict-suspended-by-nfl-for-remainder-of-season-for-helmettohelmet-hit-154740258.html

20 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Dang.. I didn't think that hit was season ending. But maybe it's more due to past offences.

"The NFL has given suspensions of at least a year to players for arrests, gambling, repeated substance abuse policy violations, but never for a hit on the field."

Clearly because he's a multiple violator.

• Like 2

If any of you remember the hit Tatum put on Daryl Stingley, (it paralyzed him), one of the reasons the league isn’t letting these kinds of hits go.

That hit on Doyle was deliberate and I’m glad to see the NFL not putting up with that kind of crap. I was a little surprised to see Gruden complain, because it was so obvious. 

Link to John Runyan’s letter to Burfict 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001060739/article/raiders-vontaze-burfict-suspended-for-rest-of-season

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

If any of you remember the hit Tatum put on Daryl Stingley, (it paralyzed him), one of the reasons the league isn’t letting these kinds of hits go.

That hit on Doyle was deliberate and I’m glad to see the NFL not putting up with that kind of crap. I was a little surprised to see Gruden complain, because it was so obvious. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001060739/article/raiders-vontaze-burfict-suspended-for-rest-of-season

I'm surprised but it was definitely warranted given his past history of targeting. 

• Like 1

He's done for the year.  

Hopefully he's done for good.  

He doesn't seem to "get it" or he just flat out doesn't care that He plays dirty and could seriously injure someone.   

He should be done!  He is the dirtiest player ever. 

I hope Doyle is okay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Definitely not a hit that warrants a season suspension, but given his past its completely understandable. I can't even believe he is still in the league this should be his last shot.

if I had to guess, it was his taunting afterwards combined with the past history that got him a full suspension. he's one hit like that away from a life long ban.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Dang.. I didn't think that hit was season ending. But maybe it's more due to past offences.

That hit was terrible, it is worse than it looks and it looks hellabad. 

Burfict is on his feet he's in complete control of himself.  He could have easily shoulder tackled the guy.  Could have easily done a diving tackle, lowered his shoulders and made a clean hit. Or wrapped him up and dropped his weight on him for a stop.  Nope.  GO FOR THE HEAD.  Because somehow that made sense to him.

No excuses for what he chose to do.  He simply headbutted Doyle.  He wasn't even close to out of options either. Outrageous.  There is no room for that in the NFL. 

Doyle is lucky that wasn't way worse. Haven't heard of any serious complications for him from that hit, seems to have dodged a bullet.  Wish he could have dodged Burfict though

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

HE's been a very dirty player since college.  He tried to break Cam Newton and Greg Olsen's ankles in the same game a couple years ago, which (IMO) is more blatant than a head shot.  However, it's not like he's only had 1 head shot, just watch that video above to see some stuff he's done prior to the Doyle hit.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

if I had to guess, it was his taunting afterwards combined with the past history that got him a full suspension. he's one hit like that away from a life long ban.

If you read the letter, the NFL makes it clear that they've warned him multiple times that future dirty plays would lead to prolonged suspensions.  He has not only ignored his warnings, but he made light of it by laughing/smiling and blowing kisses to our fans as he jogged off the field after what was the dirtiest hit of the NFL season so far (by any player).  It's clear he is a dirtbag who has no intention of following the rules of clean play by a grown man/NFL player.  He hasn't learned from the past and he's not going to learn, he made that clear by showing 0 remorse after that hit on Doyle, instead he was taunting about it (if it was an accident, he would have immediately shown that he regretted his decision).  I think the season-long ban was appropriate and I think he should be banned for life with any plays similar to that in the future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

That's who i was thinking of when i saw this thread.  If you want some insight on that type of player you should check out his book, They Call me Assassin.   Its a good read but sad in that he shows no remorse for Stingley.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Now the union steps in to defend him asking for a reduction in the penalty. Michael Wilbon said the union should say, "start playing by the rules." 

The unions job is to defend their members.    They won't fight hard 

10 hours ago, coltsva said:

Isn’t every player he’s tried to injure a NFLPA union member? If they defend Burfict then they are abandoning Doyle and every other member of their union that he might injure. 

Their job is generally to appeal any suspensions no matter what the cause.  

I remember Burfect a couple years ago lowered his head to make a hit on Luck when he was running.  He ended up hitting him in the chest pads.  Luck got up.  Burfect did not, injured his neck.

I have never ever laughed about a football player being injured before.  But I did then.  Burfect deserves it.  He tries to injure his opponents constantly.  

His suspensions are just the tip of the iceberg.  He didn't get suspended for it but once after a play was over you could clearly see him trying to twist Greg Olsen's ankle.  (This was after Olsen had just returned from an ankle injury.)

Glad to see that the league came down hard on him but he honestly needs a lifetime ban.  This man just should not be on the field.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1