Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense and Tackling

Mr.Debonair

I was disappointed in our run D. I didn't think they'd be as dominant as last season without Woods and especially Sheard, but it didn't look good.

Pass rush was solid, at least in terms of getting pressure, but the Chargers are hurting on the OL. We'll see how they do from here on out.

As for the coverage...there seemed to be a loooot of uncontested catches today.

• Like 6

I think they really missed Al Woods today. I dont think Margus is gonna be able to command doubles on run plays to free up Darius Leonard and Ant Walker. It seemed he was fighting off a lot more blocks than usual today.

All in all, I thought we played pretty well. We have some things to work thru defensively, but I thought our pass rush looked really good and we showed plenty of things to build on going forward.

• Like 1

Dline did not slant/penetrate successfully vs the run and linebackers were not filling gaps well at all. Terrible gap discipline. Terrible tackling. Defense got bullied.

Austin Ekeler is not good and we made him look like a god.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with the offense. I thought we got too cute or conservative and/or predictable at times. But overall, quite happy offensively.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We also miss a good run stopping NT.

i disagree we had people in the back field to make plays they whiffed over pursued didnt stay disciplined angles were all over the place. it's two team that didnt play each other often but knew each other well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree with Houston, it was a bad call.  

i said the same thing in the game chat. that was a huge play they recovered the fumble but we had a lot of pressure on Rivers.

classic Rivers game though he played like Brady made maybe one or two throws that surprised me but they have a good system there similar to how we do things. Again anyone putting a gun to there head after week one needs to chill. This team has some fight though and maybe just maybe this team is a running team and thats our personality if so they travel well and play well late into the year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Turay is a boss, he should get the majority of the snaps going forward. Nice one-handed INT by Hooker as well. Rest of the defense was so-so. The chunk plays we allowed were horrible. Veniteri was the reason we lost though. 3 times he missed and we only needed one hit to win.

i lost it when i saw the int by hook. if he could have turned on the jets right after the pick he might have had a chance to return it. Hook has some quick twitch to him as well would have loved to see a pick 6 off that.

• Like 1

Kenny Moore straggled today.  He did not seem his normal bulldog self.   He looked to be avoiding contact on many of those runs.   Instead of attacking he was waiting and staying blocked a little to easily.  On the run where he & the safety both went outside, it looked like Moore’s job was to fill that gap but he didn’t seem like he wanted the physicality...  Maybe still recovering from the injury he had late in the preseason???

• Like 1