Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade for Antonio Brown?

Lawrence Owen

51 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Our coach is aligned with our QB too.  Sorry, AB.  Maybe Tampa is interested

Our coach would never let Luck publicly throw his teammates and fellow coaches under the bus either.  Nor would Luck do such a classless thing anyway.  Big Ben though?  That's par for the course for him.  Yet he never takes any accountability for anything...  

If Luck was a selfish prima donna, TY would feel entitled to be one.  Ebron would be the same and unbearable.  Throw in a few of our defenders and maybe even a few other skill positions and we'd have the same ruined chemistry that the Steelers have... 

Team chemistry and leadership starts at the top of the locker room and that's supposed to be the Coach and QB.  So that's Tomlin and the untouchable Big Ben...  Both Bell and Brown would be happy to have a leader like Luck who takes all the blame publicly and protects his soldiers.  Especially fearless ones like Brown and Bell who have donated brain cells and body parts to help make their QB a Hall of Famer... 

Big Ben is a joke and the reason for the poor chemistry in that locker room.  Cowher knew he didn't want to stay and deal with that selfish clown when the organization made it clear it was Ben's team...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Our coach would never let Luck publicly throw his teammates and fellow coaches under the bus either.  Nor would Luck do such a classless thing anyway.  Big Ben though?  That's par for the course for him.  Yet he never takes any accountability for anything...  

I don't think anyone holds Big Ben up as a model teammate. But it sounds like brown has one upped him when it comes to being a bag.

Personally, I hope the Steelers keep imploding......

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I thought OBJ’s deal was 5/95?

Wouldnt that put his remaining numbers at roughly 4/75?   Closer to $19m per year?   His numbers you posted make no sense.   And if that’s what the paper posted then I think they got it wrong.   Honestly.

His deal was actually 6/98.  His remaining numbers after a trade at 5/74.  The Giants would save 5m against the 2019 cap.  The Giants would eat 16m in dead cap when his bonus money , now spread over the deal for cap purposes - rolled up.  His new team would take on the cash commitment of 19.5m in guaranteed salary for 2019 and 2020.  The Giants would have to swallow the fact they paid him 21m in 2018 for 12 games played.  16 m is a big dead cap hit for a player but Gettlemen has done it before when the Giants took a 15m dead cap hit in 2018 for trading Jason Piere Paul to the Bucs.  Gettleman is a different GM.  He also let Josh Norman walk.  I think if he get's the right offer he would do it.  His new team would have a contract of 5/74 a 14.8 avg.  He got a lot of money up front.  That's a great contract for his new team.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I don't think anyone holds Big Ben up as a model teammate. But it sounds like brown has one upped him when it comes to being a bag.

Personally, I hope the Steelers keep imploding......

Me too.  If Ben had the right attitude, the Steelers wouldn't have these problems.  And if they did, you dump those guys as quickly as you can.  But their leader is a clown and everyone wants to outdo the others at being clowns.  And Tomlin is stuck in a no win situation because he's probably scared to discipline Ben.  In fact he's probably a clown too and encourages Ben's clown act which encourages Brown's clown act and the rest of the team treating Bell like crap and siding with management during a holdout.  What a cluster. 

I hope they continue to spiral down the drain.  Cleveland and Baltimore could be battling for division supremacy over the next few years if the Steelers don't get it together and it's looking like Ben will keep coming back and keep being selfish and the trend will continue.  Tomlin is a fool though for trusting in Ben.  Ben has shown his true colors.  Instead of Tomlin putting his foot down with Ben (maybe even leading to Ben retiring) and him being able to establish a proper culture afterwards, Ben will stab him in the back and get him fired. 

Then the Steelers will get a new head coach and "then" Ben will retire and the new coach will get to establish a better culture.  That might actually be just what Tomlin deserves for enabling the crap he has though.  With him having a better winning percentage than Knoll and Cowher, I'd dump big Ben and take a chance starting a new culture.  If he failed then, at least he went out on his own terms and not Ben's...

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Lol. Same posters want every available FA, regardless of the cost/consequences. Thank the universe that Ballard does not operate that way. 

I've been against every other trade and big name F.A. acquisition posted on forums.  And I just brought this up saying I think we need another elite WR, over an elite RB.  I am fairly sure that is how my Original post read.  I did say if not Brown then someone like OBJ, Julio, or even Evans.  I get the pause on Brown, he does have red flags.  But to me OBJ is passionate, yes, but nothing that is detrimental. He's never thrown any of his team mates under the bus, good team player.  Heck T.Y. has thrown an entire position group under the bus on national television.  Does that mean you want him off the team?

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Luckily you have no say in the matter.

latest?cb=20140807110201

And the same for you.  It's Ballard decision.

budy christ.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

If Luck was a selfish prima donna, TY would feel entitled to be one.  Ebron would be the same and unbearable.  Throw in a few of our defenders and maybe even a few other skill positions and we'd have the same ruined chemistry that the Steelers have... 

Team chemistry and leadership starts at the top of the locker room and that's supposed to be the Coach and QB.  So that's Tomlin and the untouchable Big Ben...  Both Bell and Brown would be happy to have a leader like Luck who takes all the blame publicly and protects his soldiers.  Especially fearless ones like Brown and Bell who have donated brain cells and body parts to help make their QB a Hall of Famer... 

Big Ben is a joke and the reason for the poor chemistry in that locker room.  Cowher knew he didn't want to stay and deal with that selfish clown when the organization made it clear it was Ben's team...

I’m not a Big Ben fan.  I’m an anti $$$ for Bell or AB guy. 

AB supposedly requested a trade from the Steelers. Not demanded but requested.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-has-requested-trade-has-issues-with-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/

would you trade for the talent or is he too much of a hassle?

4 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

AB supposedly requested a trade from the Steelers. Not demanded but requested.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-has-requested-trade-has-issues-with-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/

would you trade for the talent or is he too much of a hassle?

I would love to have his talent in a colts uniform.  But would hate to have his stats driven attitude on this team. It's a big no thank you. Also he wouldn't survive here. This teams cares about winning not fantasy football. The idealogoy alone would ostracize him. 

On top of that Ballard would most likely never attempt to trade for him. 

6 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I’m not a Big Ben fan.  I’m an anti $$$ for Bell or AB guy. 

And there's nothing wrong with feeling that way at all.  There are core guys that have to get paid eventually (Kelly, Nelson, Leonard, & Hooker).  If we can bring in a high price free agent or trade for a player and absorb their contract and not jeopardize resigning any of that core 4, then I'm ok with it.  But if bringing in anyone could risk keeping any of those 4, then I'd prefer to just keep building through the draft.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Lawrence, just sit down and wait for the knowledgeable fans here to explain what all is incorrect about this post. Then you will have the next thing to right about, not that interesting, but meh.

I didn't pull those numbers out of thin air. I asked Jason, at Over the Cap. Resigning players will only will eat up so much money.  They still will have enormous amounts that they MUST spend to reach the bare minimum spending requirement set by the NFL owners and players board.

5 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

please don't let the pats get him we need him lol

Uh what? The pats would never trade the draft capital for him. He isn't a free agent. 

And we don't need him. It'd be nice to have but he would tear this culture apart. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

haha  That was my point.

Thing is, this is forums, not a press conference.  Forums are about fans talking about their team, what they would do, how they feel, ect.  Otherwise these threads would be called "Fan Q & A with Coaches, G.M.'s and owner."

(OOOh, I might have just hit a gold mine idea!..lol)

Like all things it depends on the asking price but I am guessing the Steelers will only part with him if they get fair value for him and since we have TY a guy like Brown isn’t a must have.  He would be nice to have don’t get me wrong but I have a feeling the capital it would take to get him could be better spent on other guys.

now if I am team like New England where you have a QB approaching the end I give this real serious thought. 

10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

?  Ok?  I'm just glad Ballard is in charge instead of a certain someone that keeps telling us all who Ballard needs to sign.  :thmup:

oh, who is this certain someone? I haven't paid that close attention. I've not went on a "We NEED to sign" anyone in particular myself. I've made my opinion that we do need a WR and elite pass rusher.  Not necessarily F.A. though.  Even though this year WR draft stock is pretty bad IMO.  I'm sure Ballard will find the appropriate people to fill those positions.

I will say this though. For everyone who thinks Ballard won't sign a big name, or take a chance on character, They really don't know Ballard, or have only heard what they want to. Ballard has spent big in F.A. before, and taken highly red flagged people.  And he never said he wouldn't again.  He did say he wanted to build a locker room first. He has definitely built his locker room. Whom he gets in F.A. i think will surprise a lot of people.  Probably including myself. 

Especially since he has to spend a lot of the cap this year (happy new year). resigning and extensions won't come close to the bare minimum he has to spend.  I asked Over the Cap to make sure not too long ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

oh, who is this certain someone? I haven't paid that close attention.

richard pallo.  He seems incapable of commenting in a thread without bringing up LeVeon Bell.

It's gotten on the nerves of quite a few of us.

And I would trust Ballard if he signed Bell.  I just get sick of people repeating what Ballard NEEDS to do over and over and over...  :bored:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

oh, who is this certain someone? I haven't paid that close attention. I've not went on a "We NEED to sign" anyone in particular myself. I've made my opinion that we do need a WR and elite pass rusher.  Not necessarily F.A. though.  Even though this year WR draft stock is pretty bad IMO.  I'm sure Ballard will find the appropriate people to fill those positions.

I will say this though. For everyone who thinks Ballard won't sign a big name, or take a chance on character, They really don't know Ballard, or have only heard what they want to. Ballard has spent big in F.A. before, and taken highly red flagged people.  And he never said he wouldn't again.  He did say he wanted to build a locker room first. He has definitely built his locker room. Whom he gets in F.A. i think will surprise a lot of people.  Probably including myself. 

Especially since he has to spend a lot of the cap this year (happy new year). resigning and extensions won't come close to the bare minimum he has to spend.  I asked Over the Cap to make sure not too long ago.

What red flagged player has he selected in Indy?  I know about the KC stuff, but he wasn't making the final decisions there so I don't care about that.

• Like 1