Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade for Antonio Brown?

Lawrence Owen

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I like Gil Brandt, and I like Deon Cain. I just don't like players coming back from ACL injuries, but he's definitely in the mix for us.

And overall, I definitely like where we're headed. I hope I don't come across as pessimistic or skeptical in any way. I'm very much on board and excited about what they're doing. 

But me saying that I think we need several quality starters is just my sincere appraisal of what we have. A team doesn't have to be stacked at every position to win; no team ever is. But we have several spots where we're relying on replacement level players as starters, and no real depth behind them.

And they aren't all young guys who are getting better. Desir probably just played the best two months of his career, he'll be 29 at the start of next season, and he's a free agent. Do we re-sign him, or try to upgrade that spot? I'd upgrade, if possible.

And other examples exist. I'm just trying to be realistic about where our roster is, and where it needs to be, before any big time moves are even remotely in range.

Your thoughts are reasonable.  I just like a few guys better but I could very easily be wrong.

To the bolded - good lord I would hope so.  Two 1st team all pro rookies and Luck coming into his prime.

Much to be excited about.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Superman said:

The problem with going after Mack was giving up premium picks when we still need to restock our roster.

Don't let this awesome two months fool you, this roster still has a lot of holes, and it's still going to take a couple more drafts to get it right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We're good.   Surprisingly good.    But this team can and must get better to go further in the playoffs.     Ballard and his team will make that happen!

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Maybe this is a question for the off-season, but would be very curious of who those 7-9 starters that need replacing are in your mind.

On offense, I want Inman back but I view WR as a position in need of upgrading.  The only other starter on offense that could / should be replaced is Glowinski.  And that is a maybe to me.

Assuming they re-sign who they want to, who needs to be replaced as a starter?

To me, that is a short list - Muhammed (if you consider him a starter), Franklin and probably a corner.

I believe it is much shorter list.  

Regarding Glowinski.  Stampede Blue did an analysis of his play last week against the Titans with plenty of video.  He came out looking very good.  You should check it out.  It might change your mind.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Regarding Glowinski.  Stampede Blue did an analysis of his play last week against the Titans with plenty of video.  He came out looking very good.  You should check it out.  It might change your mind.  

If they f with this line I might lose my stuff lol

Glowinski is fine with me.