Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade for Antonio Brown?

Lawrence Owen

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

I agree that we shouldn’t want a “me first” player like Antonio Brown apparently is.

But I’m not sure I agree with you about Tomlin.  I’m not in the Steelers’ locker room or anything.  But Tomlin doesn’t strike me as that kind of coach at all.  He’s been there forever (and won a SB to boot).  Now, after all these years and success, he’s promoting a me-first culture?  I don’t buy it.

FTR, the Steelers have had just 3 head coaches in ~50 years.  The highest winning percentage of those 3?  Mike Tomlin.

1 minute ago, pacolts56 said:

I’m not going to scour the internet and scorekeep what TY, Beckham or Brown have said or how each team has dealt with it. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

All I know is Ballard has said “you can’t buy a locker room”... and he’s absolutely correct. Frank Reich and his staff have done a fantastic job on the field and, it appears, in the locker room as well.

A good locker room culture is a team “intangible” that Giants and Steelers have shown in the past, but is nowhere to be found right now and they’re sitting home out of the playoffs.

As a Colts fan I hope that the team collectively protects that as earnestly as they’ve protected Andrew Luck on the field.  

Thank you. The END ALL on the subject.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

???

He was suspended in both 2015 and 2016.

That's a pattern that can't be blamed on the coach or QB.

so he missed a game or two, that wouldnt stop me from bringing him in

he also made all pro both of those years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

so he missed a game or two, that wouldnt stop me from bringing him in

he also made all pro both of those years

In the last four years, he was suspended four games two years in a row (which were reduced on appeal), then skipped an entire year last year.

He's obviously a good player, but I'm not a big fan of that pattern of behavior.

We'll see how Ballard feels about Bell in the near future.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

LOL. T.Y. is a diva.  You may forgive or not realize because you're a Colts fan..But he does a lot of diva stuff.  Including calling out the o-line last year on national media.

What has OBJ done that T.Y. hasn't?  Seriously.  Every WR asks for the ball more. But OBJ is not some bad personality some people are making him out to be. He's actually one of the most team oriented big name players in the NFL.  As a matter of fact, i'd say T.Y. has done/said more things that are considered non-team friendly than OBJ.

He's also been very supportive of Eli.  Sticking up for him recently and wanting to win a SB with him.   He's emotional for sure but he's a team oriented player.  Nothing wrong with showing a little fire.  A lot of athletes do.  

• Like 1

It’s weird to me that he didn’t show up to a team meeting after getting into a quarrel with Big Ben. Especially when playoffs were still possible. I wish there were more details about what happened. But, it makes him look immature and selfish, like many have said.

He is a great player, and he and TY are actually great friends, but I think we can get our own stud WR and bring them up in the Colture, so to speak. That’s my hope.

Now Deandre Hopkins? :heart:

I’d give him a blank check. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

???

He was suspended in both 2015 and 2016.

That's a pattern that can't be blamed on the coach or QB.

He's got some issues and the price tag would be very high (not to mention the salary) for a guy who is 31 next season...

Colts wont go for that

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Tomlin is to blame for that.    Culture starts with the Hc.   Plus Brown isn't going anywhere.   He is their best player

I wouldn't put all the blame on Tomlin.  These guys were drafted with character issues. He has managed to hold this team together for years.  I think he should be applauded rather than criticized.  I don't want Brown. He is a great talent, however based on  his personal life and locker room behaviors, he's a piece of trash. This guy personifies arrogance and narcissism.  I also put Big Ben in the same category of basically being a * bag.

17 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

To some extent Big Ben???  Are you kidding me?  How are you gonna let that clown off the hook?  He’s the leader and the most selfish person on the team. 

Yeah...Big Ben.  Brown has his issues but Ben is the worst.  Always calling out teammates and coaches. Do u forget this man sexually assaulted a woman? I think that says everything u need to know bout the guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah...Big Ben.  Brown has his issues but Ben is the worst.  Always calling out teammates and coaches. Do u forget this man sexually assaulted a woman? I think that says everything u need to know bout the guy.

Don’t sell Ben short.  He sexually assaulted two women. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

For all the talk of Bell, It was reported Antonio Brown was angry with Big Ben this past week.  And he did not play in the game against the Bengals because of it.  I know it's not going to happen because Brown just signed a huge 4 year deal last year, BUT OMG, could you even imagine Antonio Brown on the Colts?

To have T.Y. Hilton, Eric Ebron, Jack Doyle, Antonio Brown, Marlon Mack, Andrew Luck, and THIS offensive line next year.  This would be the #1 offense in the NFL, and there is not 1 single player you could double up on, and have any thought to handling the others.  

This is why I say having another impact receiver would do this offense wonders. You absolutely could not stack the box, even with us having 2 TE's on the field, because of the receiving threats.  And you could not go nickel packages all the time because this o-line and Mack would train wreck you.

Let's not say Brown,...but an impact receiver such as him, or Julio, or OBJ, or even Evans on this team, and you were an opposing DC having to prepare for this team. How would you?

A lot of the people that commented on this were caught up in AB being a diva, but never addressed the other part of your original post. The part about having another WR like AB or Julio or OBJ and what that would do for this Offense. I believe you hit the nail on the head. That type of player being in this Offense would take it to Elite status.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

In the last four years, he was suspended four games two years in a row (which were reduced on appeal), then skipped an entire year last year.

He's obviously a good player, but I'm not a big fan of that pattern of behavior.

We'll see how Ballard feels about Bell in the near future.  :dunno:

I don't want that bum anywhere near this team.

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The coach has to get his players to buy into the system.    Brown imo, is the reason Juju had a big year.   Pick your poison.   Brown is to blame as well,   but you can't let a player mess with your locker room.    The Steelers biggest issue is the culture I think.   All that talent and sitting at home in the playoffs

That's the main reason Ballard stated for not getting big time FAs last couple of years - building internal culture to the point where we can absorb big personality types and not have it affect the overall ecosystem of the team. 

The question is... have we reached that point? Is the culture strong enough to absorb an extremely talented and productive, but moody prima donna? 

5 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

A lot of the people that commented on this were caught up in AB being a diva, but never addressed the other part of your original post. The part about having another WR like AB or Julio or OBJ and what that would do for this Offense. I believe you hit the nail on the head. That type of player being in this Offense would take it to Elite status.

Because players like Julio Jones don't grow on trees.  I would like to have Aaron Donald too....prob not going to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Because players like Julio Jones don't grow on trees.  I would like to have Aaron Donald too....prob not going to happen.

Ya, I know. I agree.

However, as I read down the page it became more about the Steelers and their players rather than the Colts getting someone like AB, Julio, OBJ. That's what I wanted to address. Idc about the Steelers or the drama in their locker room. I would Love for the Colts to get another Elite WR with the weapons we currently have. 

7 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Ya, I know. I agree.

However, as I read down the page it became more about the Steelers and their players rather than the Colts getting someone like AB, Julio, OBJ. That's what I wanted to address. Idc about the Steelers or the drama in their locker room. I would Love for the Colts to get another Elite WR with the weapons we currently have. 

The colts need a another good receiver. I don't think he needs to be elite.

1 hour ago, Crunked said:

Group bash (no charge for bundling): Bell wants all the money, Brown wants all the balls, just say no and keep goin' 1-0

Bell wants the money because he deserves the money.  The Steelers are not going to pay him.  What an insane asylum the Steeler organization is.  He is holding out for what he think he  deserves and the players pretty much align themselves with management and trash his locker when he doesn't report.  They don't even realize his holdout could benefit them all in the long run.  I'm happy for him.  He's now going to escape that nut house. A sound organization and locker room like the Colts would be a breath of fresh air for him.   I don't know where he will wind up but whoever gets him will not regret bringing him on board.  BTW if I had a choice I would trade for OBJ if the Giants decide to take offers.  He's only 26 and would be an unbelievable addition at WR.  We can all see that.  I see nothing wrong with having a passionate player on your team.   I don't see him complaining about getting the ball with the Colts.  Luck will get it to him plenty. 

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's the main reason Ballard stated for not getting big time FAs last couple of years - building internal culture to the point where we can absorb big personality types and not have it affect the overall ecosystem of the team. 

The question is... have we reached that point? Is the culture strong enough to absorb an extremely talented and productive, but moody prima donna? 

Absolutely YES.  I think our young team would love to add a player like Bell and/ or OBJ to the roster.  Especially since they are both young with a lot of years ahead of them. 

17 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We do need another WR.  An elite receiver like Brown would do wonders for our offense.  So would another elite WR like OBJ.  In fact Pat Leonard, of the NY Daily news, published an article a few days ago suggesting the Giants trade OBJ.   Florio picked up on it as well.  OBJ also signed a major contract last year but his remaining contract is 5 yr's 75m.  It averages out around 14.8m a year.  Pretty reasonable for a star WR.  I don't know how to post it but it's a great read and apparently not out of the question for the Giants.  They were listening to offers last year and at the trade deadline this year.  Just not the right offer.  Now we are in a new offseason.  I don't know what it would take maybe Brissett and a high pick?  It pays to keep an open mind on these players.  We know what a change of scenery can do for a player.  Escape the big lights or the drama on a Steelers team and things might just work out.  

I thought OBJ’s deal was 5/95?

Wouldnt that put his remaining numbers at roughly 4/75?   Closer to $19m per year?   His numbers you posted make no sense.   And if that’s what the paper posted then I think they got it wrong.   Honestly.

AB would make any team better, but I don’t think he’d be a good cultural fit here. According to Ebron, the players here don’t care who gets the ball and don’t mind sharing the spotlight. I remember 2 years ago AB would pout and throw his helmet on the sideline after Big Ben threw TDs to other receivers. Happened more than once. And I bet the rise of Juju is part of the reason for his current problem. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Absolutely YES.  I think our young team would love to add a player like Bell and/ or OBJ to the roster.  Especially since they are both young with a lot of years ahead of them. 

I’m sorry to have to tell you this...   but Bell is NOT young by NFL standards.   Nit with the money he’s asking.

His body has a ton of mileage on it.   That’s, in part, why he sat out this year and gave up so much money.   To ease the wear on his body.    He also has a past with drugs and suspensions.

Bell has baggage, and for what he’s asking, I’m betting Ballard will be very,  very cautious.

• Like 1